Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 06-22-2017, 08:59 AM   #81
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
I sure do!!!! And I always try to pay attention to my "gut instinct". I kinda have a 6th sense about things. Like I can "feel" people when I meet them and get to know them a bit. I know if they will be friend or foe. I can pretty much tell if things will work out or not.
I just had this convo with someone. I am.aware of the gut feeling but test the waters, sure enough i was usually right.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2017, 02:49 PM   #82
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

I was just wondering if anyone has seen this work in regards to others? Lately there were two separate really horrible situations for two people I love dearly. On each occasion, I turned to the Universe asking for help and guidance for them. And literally by the next mornings, they called me with great news of amazing turn-arounds, after they had been hanging by their last thread with no help available to them. This never used to happen this way prior to me opening my own awareness to the universe & LOA. I'm sure there are still just coincidences that happen, but this sure is interesting.

What is weird is that I've been seeing the number synchronicity thing. Particularly on each day of these events I saw patterns of 11 or 111 or 222. And now that I'm paying more attention, I'm seeing them everywhere still.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2017, 03:04 AM   #83
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoseagrl View Post
I was just wondering if anyone has seen this work in regards to others? Lately there were two separate really horrible situations for two people I love dearly. On each occasion, I turned to the Universe asking for help and guidance for them. And literally by the next mornings, they called me with great news of amazing turn-arounds, after they had been hanging by their last thread with no help available to them. This never used to happen this way prior to me opening my own awareness to the universe & LOA. I'm sure there are still just coincidences that happen, but this sure is interesting.

What is weird is that I've been seeing the number synchronicity thing. Particularly on each day of these events I saw patterns of 11 or 111 or 222. And now that I'm paying more attention, I'm seeing them everywhere still.

Love this.. and on the numbers thing i KNOW i have seen 11 or 11:11 it times when change was happening.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2017, 02:00 PM   #84
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone ever heard of or read "As A Man Thinketh." It was written 'round 1900 so you know it only references man/men but it applies to all of us. I read it a very long time ago... loved it... applied it ... proceeded to forget all about it ... and recently rediscovered it.

Here's a blurb from the WIKI page...

As a Man Thinketh is a literary essay and book by James Allen, published in 1903. It was described by Allen as "... [dealing] with the power of thought, and particularly with the use and application of thought to happy and beautiful issues. I have tried to make the book simple, so that all can easily grasp and follow its teaching, and put into practice the methods which it advises. It shows how, in his own thought-world, each man holds the key to every condition, good or bad, that enters into his life, and that, by working patiently and intelligently upon his thoughts, he may remake his life, and transform his circumstances. The price of the book is only one shilling, and it can be carried in the pocket." It was also described by Allen as "A book that will help you to help yourself", "A pocket companion for thoughtful people", and "A book on the power and right application of thought." The title is influenced by a verse in the Bible from the Book of Proverbs, chapter 23, verse 7: "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he".

HERE you'll find a free PDF copy of "As A Man Thinketh."
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2017, 03:39 AM   #85
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thank you Lyte! i am going to read this today!

i have been losing my way... my business is suffering for it.

i am working on changing this and getting back on track.

This is also a great read! i have it so should probably reread it myself.

The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2017, 11:16 AM   #86
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

You're very welcome. I too have fallen off that "positivity" wagon. It took me a while to realize there are no seatbelts in that puppy! You've gotta hang on!

I'll check out that book. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
Thank you Lyte! i am going to read this today!

i have been losing my way... my business is suffering for it.

i am working on changing this and getting back on track.

This is also a great read! i have it so should probably reread it myself.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2017, 03:31 PM   #87
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

That book is about a different way to look at finances. Thats where i am putting my energy right now.

Part of the trick is to feel abundant even if you don't believe it, its quite a challenge !
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2017, 04:48 PM   #88
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
You're very welcome. I too have fallen off that "positivity" wagon. It took me a while to realize there are no seatbelts in that puppy! You've gotta hang on!

I'll check out that book. Thanks!
I need to check this book out also! I too, have been falling off the wagon lately. I really need to get myself in check.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:01 PM   #89
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Ive been re-reading the LOA stuff I put together to remind myself of what I need to do. Also read a bit about Tapping tonight.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:06 PM   #90
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Ive been re-reading the LOA stuff I put together to remind myself of what I need to do. Also read a bit about Tapping tonight.
Did you look up Brad Yates? He is the tapping guru.. he has a free video for every situation.

Thank you for the reminder, i used to Tap all the way to work.. now i just drive..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 08:56 AM   #91
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Well I practiced last night before I fell asleep and I'm practicing today before work. My visualization techniques and my meditating need a bit of work! LOL But my mind is positive and is in the right place.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:06 AM   #92
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
But my mind is positive and is in the right place.

That right there will do the trick!
Old 08-03-2017, 05:40 PM   #93
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

I'm using the Law of Attraction not just to get myself back on track financially and employment wise, but also to help with my weightloss. So far, so good.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:00 PM   #94
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
I'm using the Law of Attraction not just to get myself back on track financially and employment wise, but also to help with my weightloss. So far, so good.
so glad to hear it.. i need to get back on track with Tapping.... this one is damn good

Old 08-17-2017, 04:50 PM   #95
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

http://woobox.com/4bf3qw/?source=EQFB-ESGLAL

This could explain a lot. i need to protect myself better. Any suggestions?

The fixing part... wow, totally me.

Full-fledged Empath

You are wide open to picking up emotions and/or physical sensations from others and absorb them into your own body. You don’t have the usual filters that non-empaths have, so you feel everything! You are capable of deep love, intuition, creativity and connection with others, but must learn how how to set clear boundaries and not over-give. If you are undergoing a lot of stress in your life, you may be aware of becoming extra-sensitive and empathic, so you need to practice an increased amount of self-care. Your challenge is how to stay open and loving but not try to “fix” others or take on the stress of the world into your own body.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:09 PM   #96
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Interesting. I've never considered myself or looked into if I'm empathic. I've only thought myself to be intuitive. Same diff?? I got...

Partial Empath

You are sensitive in certain areas of your life, but you don't usually absorb energy from others. You may be sensitive to noise, scratchy clothes, or bright lights, but you probably don’t take on someone’s stress or anxiety into your own body. You care about the feelings of others, but their emotions don't usually feel overwhelming to you.

I am definitely a "fixer" ... but I've learned over the years that fixing is not always what the other person is after. More often than not they just want to vent and want someone to listen.

Protection is right there in the description... boundaries. The other thing I've learned over the years is that... identifying... creating ... and holding boundaries requires a lot of practice for everyone. A lot of practice for me and a lot of practice for friends and family. Changing oneself means changing others too.

Quote:

Full-fledged Empath

You are wide open to picking up emotions and/or physical sensations from others and absorb them into your own body. You don’t have the usual filters that non-empaths have, so you feel everything! You are capable of deep love, intuition, creativity and connection with others, but must learn how how to set clear boundaries and not over-give. If you are undergoing a lot of stress in your life, you may be aware of becoming extra-sensitive and empathic, so you need to practice an increased amount of self-care. Your challenge is how to stay open and loving but not try to “fix” others or take on the stress of the world into your own body.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:27 PM   #97
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Interesting. I've never considered myself or looked into if I'm empathic. I've only thought myself to be intuitive. Same diff?? I got...

Partial Empath

You are sensitive in certain areas of your life, but you don't usually absorb energy from others. You may be sensitive to noise, scratchy clothes, or bright lights, but you probably don’t take on someone’s stress or anxiety into your own body. You care about the feelings of others, but their emotions don't usually feel overwhelming to you.

I am definitely a "fixer" ... but I've learned over the years that fixing is not always what the other person is after. More often than not they just want to vent and want someone to listen.

Protection is right there in the description... boundaries. The other thing I've learned over the years is that... identifying... creating ... and holding boundaries requires a lot of practice for everyone. A lot of practice for me and a lot of practice for friends and family. Changing oneself means changing others too.

Yes and i sometimes have to remind others not to try to *fix* me... a *no action required* disclaimer as it is sometimes the natural response.

i learned long ago not to take on other's suffering (i did body work on terminally its and the severely disabled ) but learning to not take on emotions of others, especially when they are intentionally trying to get me to feel as bad as them, seems so different to me.

Maybe i can apply the same concept.. that it's their path, not mine, and no one asked me to take on their shit.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:29 PM   #98
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Moderate Empath

You are open and caring and may, at times, be a sponge for other people’s stress and joy. You may be sensitive to noise, smells, and excessive talking. You like to have alone time to replenish. You feel relaxed in nature and may enjoy long quiet baths. You may have the tendency to “over-give” to people, and you sometimes have a hard time saying “no.” Learning to set healthy limits and boundaries is an essential part of your self-care. Learning these skills will replenish your energy.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 06:36 PM   #99
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Full-Fledged Empath

This was fun to take, I got the same result and I absolutely agree. :-)

Quote:

Full-fledged Empath

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2017, 10:02 AM   #100
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Strange...... I took the test and I got Full Fledged Empath but I really don't agree? Maybe a Partial but definately not Full?