Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 09-27-2020, 11:32 AM   #421
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default 'Help me': Graham begs for cash in tighter-than-expected race...

Lindsey Graham started the summer with more cash in the bank than any Republican senator other than Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. But now he’s begging for money. Twice on Thursday, Graham, chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, went on Fox News Channel and implored viewers to donate to his campaign against Democrat Jaime Harrison in South Carolina, a closer-than-expected contest that Republicans need to win to protect their majority. “I’m getting overwhelmed,” Graham told conservative talk-show host Sean Hannity Thursday night. “LindseyGraham.com. Help me. They’re killing me, money-wise. Help me. You helped me last week — help me again. LindseyGraham.com.”

The story of how Graham became so desperate for cash illustrates the expensive, toss-up battle to control the Senate and the energy around President Donald Trump’s pending Supreme Court nomination. Grassroots Democrats are hyperactivated to take on Republican leaders like Graham, who once burnished a moderate reputation but has aligned closely with Trump.

Graham’s pleas have escalated over the past week since Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death, but trouble has been looming for the third-term senator for some time now. Harrison has outraised and outspent Graham in every fundraising period this year, and the polls have the candidates running neck and neck, despite Trump’s lead over Joe Biden in the state.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 02:06 PM   #422
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Manchurian Trump

If Trump does prove to be the "Manchurian Candidate", as is looking increasingly likely, what then?

He has access to ALL of America's secrets and it's a bit late to make him "unknow" what he already knows.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 03:50 PM   #423
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,079 Times in 8,587 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Supreme Court: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)

From YouTube: In the wake of Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death, John Oliver discusses the future of the Supreme Court, why the government doesn’t always represent the political leanings of the electorate, and how those issues will impact the next generation of Americans.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2020, 10:15 AM   #424
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Monday night debate........

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — Republican U.S. Sen. Susan Collins and Democratic challenger Sara Gideon clashed Monday over the Supreme Court and the response to the pandemic during their second debate in the closely watched Senate race.

Gideon, the Maine House speaker, accused the four-term Collins of failing to use her seniority to show results for the people of Maine, especially when additional help is needed during the pandemic. Collins said the Paycheck Protection Program she authored saved hundreds of thousands of jobs while noting that the Maine Legislature adjourned during the pandemic. “She adjourned the legislature on March 17 and hasn't lifted a finger to do anything about the coronavirus. She promised to provide aid to small businesses but did not do so," Collins said.

Collins is facing the toughest campaign of her career as she seeks a fifth term in Washington. Democrats, meanwhile, view unseating Collins as key to retaking control of the Senate. The importance of the race is underscored by the millions of dollars pouring into Maine, making it the most expensive political race in state history.

Both Gideon and Collins agree on one thing: Both think the current vacancy on the court shouldn't be filled until after the election. Gideon accused Collins of rubber-stamping 181 of President Donald Trump's judicial nominees, saying “that has pushed the Supreme Court far to the right and made it very ideological.” She said the Supreme Court is about to take up the Affordable Care Act and potentially take health care away in the middle of a pandemic.

Well you got one thing right Susan, someone might be taking your place! Hopefully sooner than later
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2020, 01:52 PM   #425
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I know she's a Republican but I sure would love to see Anna Navarro demolish Trump in a debate...and I've no doubt she would leave him thrashing like a stomped cockroach .
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 06:45 AM   #426
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~
Trump being in quarantine for 14 days after testing positive for Covid-19.

It'll stop those "super spreader" campaign events for a while!
Old 10-02-2020, 07:03 AM   #427
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,863 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Okay you political scholars, I have a question regarding this situation with the orange man-baby and his wife now testing positive for COVID-19.

Everyone knows that tRump is in a high risk category for the most severe reaction to the virus (obesity, probable hypertension (?), etc.). If he ends up really sick with this virus and unable to perform his duties as POTUS for the remainder of his term, then of course they would/could/should use Article 25 of the Constitution to have him step down and VP Pence step up as POTUS for the remainder of the term. At that time, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi would be, in essence, in the "slot" of next in line for POTUS if something happens to Pence between the time he steps in for tRump and January 20.

Since it is so late in the election cycle, even now, with just weeks to go before the election, and the "lame duck" period would follow until January 20th, what would happen to the GOP ticket?? VP Pence is just that....the VP, as of now. There would be no Republican candidate for the Presidency.

What would happen?? Anyone know??

Thanks for the input.

~Theo~
Old 10-02-2020, 07:08 AM   #428
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
Okay you political scholars, I have a question regarding this situation with the orange man-baby and his wife now testing positive for COVID-19.

Everyone knows that tRump is in a high risk category for the most severe reaction to the virus (obesity, probable hypertension (?), etc.). If he ends up really sick with this virus and unable to perform his duties as POTUS for the remainder of his term, then of course they would/could/should use Article 25 of the Constitution to have him step down and VP Pence step up as POTUS for the remainder of the term. At that time, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi would be, in essence, in the "slot" of next in line for POTUS if something happens to Pence between the time he steps in for tRump and January 20.

Since it is so late in the election cycle, even now, with just weeks to go before the election, and the "lame duck" period would follow until January 20th, what would happen to the GOP ticket?? VP Pence is just that....the VP, as of now. There would be no Republican candidate for the Presidency.

Thanks for the input.

~Theo~
GREAT QUESTION, I have no idea as to the answer however!
Old 10-02-2020, 07:11 AM   #429
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

Thanks for the input.

~Theo~
Old 10-02-2020, 07:16 AM   #430
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:

Thanks for the input.

~Theo~

I would assume VP PENCE WILL TAKE OVER ~ then he will run against Biden ~ LBJ did not want another full 4 year term ~ then Nixon won the next election ~ LBJ stayed in office until the next election was over that Nixon won . Biden will prob. win over who ever wants to challenge him . I hope I am right , I am assuming from prior presidents.
Old 10-02-2020, 07:37 AM   #431
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,863 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
I would assume VP PENCE WILL TAKE OVER ~ then he will run against Biden ~ LBJ did not want another full 4 year term ~ then Nixon won the next election ~ LBJ stayed in office until the next election was over that Nixon won . Biden will prob. win over who ever wants to challenge him . I hope I am right , I am assuming from prior presidents.
I think I understand what you're saying here, Ocean (and thanks for your response to my question!!), but I guess what I am wondering is that, if Trump is not able to complete his term because of illness/health reasons, and is removed via Article 25, then the current GOP ticket of Trump/Pence would have no POTUS candidate. Pence is the VP candidate on the ticket. In that position, would Pence have to pick a running mate for POTUS/VPOTUS this late in the election cycle?? The next person in line, after VP Pence, is SOH Pelosi, who is of the opposing political party.

I'm seriously hoping that Biden WILL win the election, but how does Trump's health status impact the election and the GOP ticket now, if he has to step aside per Article 25, and especially since Trump is at risk for the most severe form of the infection??

The plot sickens.

~Theo~
Old 10-02-2020, 08:00 AM   #432
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

ahh I capish !! good point ~ I would not know if there is a protocol for the VP positions. I would assume Speaker of the House (Pelosi) ~ I would love to know .
Old 10-02-2020, 08:21 AM   #433
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,461 Times in 741 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

I am sure Mike Pompeo has his hand in the air and is waving it madly.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 10:35 AM   #434
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
I am sure Mike Pompeo has his hand in the air and is waving it madly.
lolololol
Old 10-02-2020, 10:56 AM   #435
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

What’s on my mind… in the what if? dept:

While he is testing negative for now, what happens if Biden also gets it before the election?

Then add to that Trump either not recovering well or not recovering?

There could be an election where nobody is running.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 12:59 PM   #436
Pacificblu

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Pacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST ReputationPacificblu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Thanks for the input.

~Theo~
If there is enough time before the election, the RNC can vote on an alternate candidate, or the RNC convention can reconvene and select another person.

There is not enough time for those choices, so the electoral college will choose the next President.

All of that is part of the 25th amendment to the constitution.
Pacificblu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pacificblu For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2020, 05:53 AM   #437
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
What’s on my mind… in the what if? dept:

While he is testing negative for now, what happens if Biden also gets it before the election?

Then add to that Trump either not recovering well or not recovering?

There could be an election where nobody is running.
I would write in Michele Obama ~
Old 10-05-2020, 09:34 AM   #438
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Lindsey Graham hammered by Democrat opponent who tells him to ‘be a man’ and likens him to a cheating child in election debate...

Near the end of a week in which he begged supporters to donate money to his campaign for a second time, embattled Senator Lindsey Graham took to the debate stage on Saturday to face his opponent in the race to represent South Carolina in the Senate.

Senator Graham is tied with Democratic challenger Jaime Harrison at 48 per cent each, according to the latest Quinnipiac University poll, in a race that has become unexpectedly competitive and could play a role in flipping control of the Senate.

Mr Harrison has seen a surge in donations since the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and the incumbent Graham’s u-turn on his previous pledge to not fill a Supreme Court vacancy in an election year.

Reportedly $9m was donated to the Democrat in the three days following Justice Ginsburg’s death.

When the subject of the Court came up in the debate at Columbia’s Allen University, Mr Harrison said that listening to the senator flip-flop on the issue reminded him of playing Monopoly with his young son: “He changes the rules every [chance] he gets.”

Accusing the Senator of going back on his word on the issue to the American people and the people of South Carolina, Mr Harrison called it the “greatest heresy” you can do as a public servant is to betray the trust of the people.

“Just be a man about it,” he said, “and stand up and say, ‘You know what? I changed my mind. I’m going to do something else.’ But don’t go back and blame it on somebody else for a flip-flop that you’re making yourself.”

As the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, Mr Graham is at the heart of efforts by the Trump administration to install Judge Amy Coney Barrett before election day, and certainly before inauguration day.

Senator Graham even referred to the appointment in a response about the coronavirus pandemic — a tactic he employed a number of times in what seemed to be a strategy of trying to scare the electorate away from Mr Harrison and the “radical left”.

Mr Harrison retorted at one point: “What we haven’t seen with Senator Graham and Senate Republicans is the same urgency to pass Covid relief like they are trying to ram through a Supreme Court nominee.”
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2020, 12:46 PM   #439
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,461 Times in 741 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Listening to the news this morning and hearing 10 associates of Trump are now infected. Can't help but think, the whole Republican party has been infected by Trump.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2020, 06:19 PM   #440
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~
Joe, it's time to put back out the negative ads against Trump!

Start with a new one, how he held no thought to his actions during his Covid-19 might affected his Secret Service details, driver, pilot, etc etc....