Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Parenting

Parenting This area is for discussing parenting, adoption and anything related to raising our kids!

Old 07-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Kids Korner - Lessons from/with Our Kids

Six Traits Adults Can Learn From Children

By Rita Offen

1. PERSISTENCE - Children are willing to risk failure in order to achieve what they want. They won't give up. Watch the baby learning to walk, falling over endlessly, knocking his head, but getting up and trying again and again until he succeeds and walks, in order to get to the DVD controls for a good chew! Or the child who won't take 'No' for an answer, 'No' meaning 'Maybe', or that with a little bit of creativity, it can be turned into a 'Yes'. The key ingredient for success is the ability to keep going through all adversity, and to never give up - ask any successful person. Even at times when everything seems to be against them, they won't take 'No' for an answer, and if what they're doing doesn't work, they change until it does work, until they get what they want.

2. HAPPINESS AND GRATITUDE FOR SIMPLE THINGS - Picture the parent at the school gate, waiting for her six year old to come out. Mum's had a bad day with disappointments and setbacks and, quite frankly, all she's focussed on is what's gone wrong. Her little girl appears, her eyes search mum out, and she runs out with a big, toothless, ear-to-ear grin, "Mummy, exciting news, I've got a new library book!" Mum's concerns melt away. It would have been a far better day if mum had focussed on what went right about her day, even if the good points were small. Gratitude for what we have in our life helps us to focus on the positive, and be more resourceful, and have more energy to do those things that we have to get done.

3. THE ABILITY TO LIVE IN THE 'HERE AND NOW' - Children become immersed in what they're doing, they live for today. They don't consider what happened yesterday, or what might happen tomorrow, nor what the next moment might bring. This enables them to become absorbed in the task in hand, like when it is visible when a child is 'living' in a page of a book, studying every detail, almost going inside the picture. Adults however, have difficulty with being 'present' to where they are or what they are doing. So often our minds are somewhere else. When we are at work, we wish we were at home, when we are at home, we wish we were on holiday. We take our work with us on holiday, and end up not being present with our family, even when we are with them.

"Most of us spend our lives as if we had another one in the bank". Ben Irwin.

4. THEY TEACH US ABOUT OURSELVES
- Can you recall a time when you have corrected your child on something she has done only for it to bounce back to you with "But mummy, you do it".

"If there is anything that we wish to change in the child, we should first examine it and see whether it is not something that could better be changed in ourselves". Carl Jung.

Parents of teenagers will relate to the experience of watching their own childhood over again through their own teenage son's/daughter's antics today. The parent knows what his child is going to do next, because he once did the very same thing himself!

5. FORGIVENESS - Children forgive very easily. They don't have to understand things to forgive. Unlike adults, it seems to come naturally to children to forgive. In our busy lives it is easy to resent our children's interruptions when we're trying to get something done, and we can so easily turn around and snap at them. But first think, how often do we apologise? And second, how often do we realise that our children have forgiven us before the event is even over?

6. THEY ARE ALWAYS READY TO LAUGH AND PLAY - When we laugh and play we are at our best. When we laugh and play our body releases endorphins, chemicals that produce feelings of well-being, happiness and contentment. Laughter is good for our health.

"Allow children to be happy in their own way, for what better way will they find?"
Samuel Johnson.

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation
Question ~ Share and Share Alike ~

What lessons have you learned from your kids or when trying to teach them a lesson of life?

What funny experiences or conversations have you had with your kids//nephews/nieces/grandkids?

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
Old 07-13-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Default Don't laugh - it could happen to you. :)

My 16yr old found *astroglide*...

A: "Mom, I think this belongs to you."

::: insert him with a eye roll and cheeky smile :::

jelli: "Uhhh...actually that belongs to Cruel."

::: insert me laughing deep inside :::

The Following User Says Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2011, 05:49 AM   #4
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Exclamation Our kids are 15 yrs upto 24.

Some times wonder if we really have taught them much. The decisions they make and actions they take just don't always jive with one another.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:58 AM   #5
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Exclamation

luv2luvgirls was posting in another parenting thread about makeup and such.

I just smile thinking of all the fun learning experiences we've had with our kids. then shake my head thinking of all the times I swear my heart was breaking or gray hairs were sprouting.

It's such an incredible ride, good and bad, that will forever change our lives.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:12 AM   #6
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Default So as not to derail the other thread - more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2luvgirls View Post
yeah I guess I could ask an employee,but have you been to KY? lmao!! ok j/k... kinda
I went to a party couple months ago and i'll just say...they dont know how to act when the see a new gay person...I was mauled ..felt up all kinds of stuff...and my nephews thought it was so entertaining I was the floor show I guess

I think you are right about peer pressure,and I know I dont want my kid looking all over done..she is only allowed lip gloss. geez she is not quite 10 yet. But she has babygirl tendencies...she pouts,stomps ..likes to accessorize,loves sparkly things...so she wants body glitter.
I lived @ Fort Knox for 4 years. Nuff said.

Yay babygirl tendencies, but don't be surprised if that changes on and off. Our went from dance classes and the prettiest lil princess, to tomboy, to young woman, to wanting to date trash(father issues), to working 2 jobs in what seemed the blink of an eye.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:18 AM   #7
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,827 Posts
luv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelli View Post
My 16yr old found *astroglide*...

A: "Mom, I think this belongs to you."

::: insert him with a eye roll and cheeky smile :::

jelli: "Uhhh...actually that belongs to Cruel."

::: insert me laughing deep inside :::

LMAO that is just wrong Jelli
luv2luvgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to luv2luvgirls For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 07:21 AM   #8
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

I totally know how to do hair in a variety of styles... from pig tails to French braid to multi mini braids...lol
Thanks to 2 girls who are now 11 & 7 yrs old
Old 07-31-2011, 07:21 AM   #9
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Quote:
LMAO that is just wrong Jelli
I know, right!

Old 07-31-2011, 07:22 AM   #10
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

luv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I lived @ Fort Knox for 4 years. Nuff said.

Yay babygirl tendencies, but don't be surprised if that changes on and off. Our went from dance classes and the prettiest lil princess, to tomboy, to young woman, to wanting to date trash(father issues), to working 2 jobs in what seemed the blink of an eye.

mine went from tomboi...to in kindergaten seeing this lil girl with long blonde hair and coming home talking about her everyday making her pictures...so one day she bust out with when I see lacy mae..I feel like the cartoon and she does her hands up to her eyes and makes em go in and out and says with hearts in it ...to liking boys and being all girlie so I guess time will tell lol

how did you guys handle 5 kids...my head spins thinking bout it :S
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luv2luvgirls For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 07:23 AM   #11
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcountry View Post
I totally know how to do hair in a variety of styles... from pig tails to French braid to multi mini braids...lol
Major props!!! Perhaps you could pimp out your skills, to other Butches/Bois/Trans/ETC as a side job?

Old 07-31-2011, 07:24 AM   #12
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcountry View Post
the hair I got covered im a barber stylist ...its all the girlie stuff that throws me for a loop...I had a femme friend guide me on chat how to paint her nails a lil bit back ...I didnt do to bad but I was shaking its so small, smh
Old 07-31-2011, 07:30 AM   #13
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Wink

Quote:
mine went from tomboi...to in kindergaten seeing this lil girl with long blonde hair and coming home talking about her everyday making her pictures...so one day she bust out with when I see lacy mae..I feel like the cartoon and she does her hands up to her eyes and makes em go in and out and says with hearts in it ...to liking boys and being all girlie so I guess time will tell lol

how did you guys handle 5 kids...my head spins thinking bout it :S
I honestly don't know. I am sure in retrospect that I had them to soothe some childhood issue9wanting to feel needed and loved), but for the love of all things 'lipgloss", I wouldn't trade a single day with any of them.

We've grown up together and shared so many experiences.

I was meant to love. Simple as that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 07:32 AM   #14
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Wink

Quote:
the hair I got covered im a barber stylist ...its all the girlie stuff that throws me for a loop...I had a femme friend guide me on chat how to paint her nails a lil bit back ...I didnt do to bad but I was shaking its so small, smh
Trust me she will not remember if you colored outside the lines... she will remember that you cared to color!!! Keep up the amazing work.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:34 AM   #15
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Quote:
I honestly don't know. I am sure in retrospect that I had them to soothe some childhood issue9wanting to feel needed and loved), but for the love of all things 'lipgloss", I wouldn't trade a single day with any of them.

We've grown up together and shared so many experiences.

I was meant to love. Simple as that.
that was so well put

yup I was meant to love...i love my lil girl so feircely...I make up stories for her at night she loves it,still wants to be tucked in...Im dreading the day the hormones kick in and she hates me for a minute...but we all go thur it as teens so I know its coming back at me.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:39 AM   #16
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Quote:
that was so well put

yup I was meant to love...i love my lil girl so feircely...I make up stories for her at night she loves it,still wants to be tucked in...Im dreading the day the hormones kick in and she hates me for a minute...but we all go thur it as teens so I know its coming back at me.
Hormones - male or female.

All the talks.

Masturbation.

Dating.

Drugs.

Etc...

it's a wonder we all survive. lol

Old 07-31-2011, 07:45 AM   #17
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Quote:
Hormones - male or female.

All the talks.

Masturbation.

Dating.

Drugs.

Etc...

it's a wonder we all survive. lol
I forgot about all that
Old 07-31-2011, 08:02 AM   #18
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Major props!!! Perhaps you could pimp out your skills, to other Butches/Bois/Trans/ETC as a side job?
T for hire....lol classes starting soon...
Little girl hair is so hard cause it is soooo fine. Lol

I have the nail painting down too. Even did Sunshyne's toe nails when she was here. Lol

It is the make-up I don't get...I just stare in amazement...

Last edited by Tcountry; 07-31-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Tcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tcountry For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 09:07 AM   #19
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Red face

Quote:
I forgot about all that

Lucky you to forget. j/k

When our oldest was about 4 yrs old he kept running back and forth between the door and the couch. i was washing dishes and just kept smiling at him thinking he was just entertaining himself. Well, he was.

He was entertaining himself by going to the door where it was cold enough to get an erection and then running back to the couch until it went away. I was horrified and yet laughing inside(I have twisted humor). I just closed the door and brought his attention to something more educational. lol

Old 07-31-2011, 09:14 AM   #20
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Quote:

Lucky you to forget. j/k

When our oldest was about 4 yrs old he kept running back and forth between the door and the couch. i was washing dishes and just kept smiling at him thinking he was just entertaining himself. Well, he was.

He was entertaining himself by going to the door where it was cold enough to get an erection and then running back to the couch until it went away. I was horrified and yet laughing inside(I have twisted humor). I just closed the door and brought his attention to something more educational. lol
hahahaha, I had a simular experience...but mine was so lil she might have been one? she would rock forever in her diaper...i asked her pediatrician why she was doing it and he was like coz it feels good. i guess its that simple huh lol

My sisters son woke up w/ a woody for the first time one morning and ran to my sister saying he broke his member and could his dad fix it? lmao..Amber didnt know what to say to him so she called her husband

Tags
bonding, family, kids, learning, relationships