Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
Anyone have thoughts on Birdman?

I passed it by when it was in the local theater, but now I'm wondering if I was too quick to dismiss it. It seems to have caught some awards.

Hi Fancy. Julie and I went to see Birdman for our Valentine's date and both of us left the theater thinking "that was interesting." Cinematography was great. I really felt like I was right there in this dank Broadway dressing room pondering the similarities of my life and that of the character. I think Michael Keaton did a good acting job. Not his usual comic schtick. I could see where the movie does get some buzz but I really do not see it bringing home an Oscar except for maybe Michael Keaton getting the Best Actor award. I would say go see it before the Oscar Awards next Sunday night.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2015, 02:30 PM   #2062
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

We went and saw 50 Shades of Grey. We had some good laughs, enjoyed the more intimate scenes. Without having read the books though, you would be a bit lost as they sort of rushed the story a bit I feel like. Lots of back story missing that make it come together better than it does in the movies.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2015, 06:26 AM   #2063
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,099 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Went to the cheap theater to see Dracula Untold, and gotta say that was the best $1 I ever spent on a movie. I was very surprised that I enjoyed it! I guess when you have low expectations it's easy to be impressed. :-)
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2015, 08:47 PM   #2064
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Watched ST Vincent last night.

Even tho IMHO it's one of those types of movies that doesn't know if it wants to be a comedy or drama, I still enjoyed it. Was much more serious than I was expecting that's for sure
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2015, 11:10 PM   #2065
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,806 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Kill the Messenger

Based on the True story of Journalist Gary Webb. The film takes place in the mid 1990s, when Webb uncovered the CIA's past role in importing huge amounts of cocaine into the U.S. that was aggressively sold in ghettos across the country to raise money for the Nicaraguan Contras rebel army. Despite enormous pressure not to, Webb chose to pursue the story and went public with his evidence, publishing the series "Dark Alliance". As a result he experienced a vicious smear campaign fueled by the CIA. At that point Webb found himself defending his integrity, his family, and his life.

Starring Jeremy Renner.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1216491/...?ref_=tt_ov_pl

Excellent movie.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2015, 06:32 AM   #2066
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default My Opinion Only

Boyhood
Why? Film made no sense. Completely fragmented, non-linear pieces of film sliced together to make what avant garde art types think is film-making. Drek.

St. Vincent
Well executed, well-acted portrayal of life, love and loss. Time worthy.

Birdman
Mind numbing drum banging; chaotic, like bad jazz. It eludes me why this film is so awarded. I'm happy for Michael Keaton that his career is boosted. Again, avant-garde, which is not a bad thing, except here it might be.
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2015, 07:33 AM   #2067
snowbrdr303

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey buddy
Relationship Status:
Ecstatic <3

snowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputation

Kingsman: The Secret Service

Good watch. Clever action film loosely based on The Secret Service comics. Samuel L. Jackson, as usual, made the movie.
snowbrdr303 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to snowbrdr303 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2015, 07:47 AM   #2068
betruetoyoursoul

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She,Her,BabyGirl
Relationship Status:
On a Beautiful Journey regardless if I am single or coupled!

Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,093 Posts
betruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputationbetruetoyoursoul Has the BEST Reputation

....American Sniper.... I tend to like movies that are based on truth though I know sometimes they embellish for various reasons...COULD BE A TRIGGER FOR THOSE THAT HAVE SERVED OUR NATION....

....Whiplash.... A bit abusive....okay movie....

....The Imitation Game... An eye opening movie imho
Old 02-22-2015, 01:58 PM   #2069
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation
Default I love the dollar show

I just saw "Intersteller" it was good, 3 hours long though although I hardly noticed the time passing.
I especially liked the blend of science fiction and science fact. It is rare to run into a good science fiction movie and this was certainly that. The General Theory of Relativity and Dylan Thomas got more air play in this movie than any other I have ever seen.
I would have enjoyed it even at the regular price theater

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2015, 03:14 PM   #2070
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

Well lets see. I've been watching netflix this weekend.

Frida ~ painter Frida Kahlo's relationship with her husband and her controversial political and sexual reputation. (interesting depiction of her life)

Proof ~ A devoted daughter must face her fears as she comes to terms with the death of her father, a brilliant mathematician crippled by mental instability.

Breaking Dawn ~ When a med student is assigned to interview a psychiatric patient about a murder, she's shocked to discover that he already knows plenty about her. (there is indeed a twist)

The Hunting Party ~ A struggling journalist sets out with a fellow reporter and a cameraman to hunt down Bosnia's most notorious war criminal, known as "The Fox." (based on a true story)
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2015, 03:30 PM   #2071
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Rosenstrasse (2003 Germany with subtitles)

After the death of her father, Hannah becomes concerned with the strange behavior of her mother. As her mother's troubled childhood is revealed, Hannah realizes how little she ever knew.

This was a very interesting movie and indeed there was a group of women that did protest and win release of many men.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2015, 04:11 PM   #2072
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Emperor's Club (2002) Jesse Eisenberg Kevin Kline, Emile Hirsch

Kevin Kline is an idealistic prep school teacher attempts to redeem an incorrigible student.

We watched this Friday night and it was very good

SPOILER ALERT: Not exactly the happy ending that so many of these types of movies seem to have!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2015, 12:13 AM   #2073
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,128 Times in 306 Posts
Virago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
Hi Fancy. Julie and I went to see Birdman for our Valentine's date and both of us left the theater thinking "that was interesting." Cinematography was great. I really felt like I was right there in this dank Broadway dressing room pondering the similarities of my life and that of the character. I think Michael Keaton did a good acting job. Not his usual comic schtick. I could see where the movie does get some buzz but I really do not see it bringing home an Oscar except for maybe Michael Keaton getting the Best Actor award. I would say go see it before the Oscar Awards next Sunday night.

Hey Greyson! I actually started another thread asking if anyone had seen Birdman after I saw it back in October. My friend and I walked out of the theater saying that this movie was Brilliant and unique! Definitely was going to win a lot of awards. We just weren't sure if we LIKED it or not!
I fully understand and agree with your reaction to it.
Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2015, 06:12 AM   #2074
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I watched Shutter Island yesterday....

Its oldish but Id never seen it... I love psychological thrillers...
Old 02-24-2015, 05:31 PM   #2075
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Citizenfour (2014)Director: Laura Poitras

Stars: Edward Snowden, Glenn Greenwald, William Binney

A documentarian and a reporter travel to Hong Kong for the first of many meetings with Edward Snowden.
Enjoyed it a lot, and also the added William Binney footage and testimony on the NSA skullduggery was a plus!

Sidebar: It did crack me up as Edward sat there on the bed STILL using his computer! LOL
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2015, 06:17 PM   #2076
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I saw this today even though I went to the theatre to see another movie.

It was pretty formulaic but I liked it. Mae Whitman is a darling girl.

This is what I intended to see and will have to catch later this weekend.

I did, however, see some trailers for movies I definitely want to catch when they come out.

And who doesn't want to see the next Paul Blart movie?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2015, 06:30 PM   #2077
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Spy looks like a fun little movie, preview had me laughing out loud, cant wait to see it, thanks for the post!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2015, 10:22 PM   #2078
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,806 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Citizenfour (2014)Director: Laura Poitras

Stars: Edward Snowden, Glenn Greenwald, William Binney

A documentarian and a reporter travel to Hong Kong for the first of many meetings with Edward Snowden.

<<<Snip>>>
Really incredible to know the depth and reach of the NSA's reach into our computers, Internet, telephone calls, credit cards, etc., etc.

Whether there is zero reason for them to collect data on you or not: they are doing it!

Citizenfour just won this the Academy Award for best documentary film and we saw it on HBO last night.

"In January 2013, Laura Poitras received an encrypted e-mail from a stranger who called himself Citizen Four. In it, he offered her inside information about illegal wiretapping practices of the NSA and other intelligence agencies. Poitras had already been working for several years on a film about monitoring programs in the US, the result of the September 11 attacks. In June 2013, accompanied by investigative journalist Glenn Greenwald and The Guardian intelligence reporter Ewen MacAskill, she went to Hong Kong with her camera for the first meeting with the stranger, who identified himself as Edward Snowden. Several other meetings followed. The recordings gained from the meetings form the basis of the film".

Wiki

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2015, 09:03 PM   #2079
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

......FURY....

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:16 PM   #2080
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Boyhood and Birdman

What a waste of money and movie.

1 out of 5 stars for both movies, 1 is being nice

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie