Old 03-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
Domestic Diva

How Do You Identify?:
Deliciousely Femme!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess, Diva, best bitch ever
Relationship Status:
Soon to be married

Domestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST Reputation
Default Cooking and baking IS an art!

SO I am starting this thread because I am starting a cooking and baking blog type thing and I figure there is no better place then here...I thought about facebook...and I still might copy and paste...who knows!

So tonight will start night 1 of 100...

I am going to try a new reciepe everynight and try to expand my cooking and baking horizons...I'm not following any certain cookbook, just something new everynight...
I have always freared lasagna for some reason, well cassarols in general cause if you screw it up thats all of dinner and now ur stuck with either nasty food or settaling for something else.
My partner is always telling me that I am more then talented enough to go for it, at times I think hy says stuff like that because he's obligated...so tonight I went for it.
Home made pasta noodles and all!
The noodles arn't hard to make and if you have never tasted homemade noodles you truley are missing out!
The lasagna will consist of 6 cheeses...moz, parm, ricotta, ramano, gruyere and gouda...was a lil worried about the gouda but it gives it a sweet taste in the end.
Sweet Italian sausage, hamburger home made pasta sauce and minced garlic. I made homemade sourdough to go with it...always a treat..
It came out really good...I was surprised how fast it all sort of came together!
It was warm in my belly like home cooked food always is...the true test will be tomarrow for lunch when its served to hym and his parents at the office, I can always count on hys parents to tell me the truth!

*poof*
Domestic Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Domestic Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

YES,cooking is an art,it is also a science..if u love what u do it all comes together.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #3
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I think it is a miracle that when you have a dinner party with lots of people over, and you have your stove & oven going, every dish comes out hot and tastes so good. I agree it is an art.

I also think that some people are very gifted in grilling, and cooking over camp fires. It takes quite a skill to pull that off.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

good luck on your blog!

will you be sharing recipes, kitchen tips, anything like that with the rest of us?

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation
Default The secret to cooking excellently...

first, you must love to do it,
secondly, you must be inventive, creative, and adventuresome
thirdly, you must be willing to take risks - if at first you don't succeed -well, you know the rest
forthly (is that even a word? lol), you must not be daunted by negative critisisim. Listen and learn to what your critics are saying. They will help to improve your skills.
fifthly - have fun. Enjoy your work. Don't be afraid to experiment. The most outrageous combinations, sometimes are the most successful. Keep at it. You will find your specialty/niche at some point in time.

Keep cooking/baking!! Hooray for the kitchen!!!

p.s. whenever you're able/can afford - get the best utensils, cookware you can afford. Believe me, it makes all the difference!!

The is an organ of fire.
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinderella For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #6
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domestic Diva View Post
The lasagna will consist of 6 cheeses...moz, parm, ricotta, ramano, gruyere and gouda
Omg, that combo of cheeses is art! *has a weak spot for cheese...drools* Gouda ftw
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
alilhoneybee

How Do You Identify?:
soft spoken femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, any feminine pronoun spoken with respect will suffice.
Relationship Status:
content with myself

alilhoneybee Has the BEST Reputationalilhoneybee Has the BEST Reputationalilhoneybee Has the BEST Reputationalilhoneybee Has the BEST Reputationalilhoneybee Has the BEST Reputationalilhoneybee Has the BEST Reputationalilhoneybee Has the BEST Reputationalilhoneybee Has the BEST Reputationalilhoneybee Has the BEST Reputationalilhoneybee Has the BEST Reputationalilhoneybee Has the BEST Reputation

Cooking is an incredible way to express yourself! It can also be very sensual and romantic. I love to cook, even had a double over installed, but cannot grill outdoors to save my life.

I am looking forward to reading more about your 100 days!!
Old 03-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #8
Domestic Diva

How Do You Identify?:
Deliciousely Femme!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Soon to be married

Domestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST Reputation
Default 2 of 100

98 left to go

BTW last nights lasagna was an A+ by Lee's parents!

tonight on the menu
Klumpkies...or stuffed cabbage rolls....

i really had no idea what it took to pull this off, I wasted an entire head of cabbage because if you dont soften the leaves just right...they are a gooys mess of ick!

So head number 2....properly softened and rolls tight with a mix of hamburger carmalized onions and garlic and jasmine rice...called for white rice but it gets so mushy in the oven...ick!
rolled tight and layered on a bed of tomatoe sauce in a 9x13...baked in the oven...
I really wanted to go a lil further but I kinda feel like I have to start with the basic recipe before I can go all dramatic with it and also sometimes less is more...
They really are simple, and ohh so irish! My hunny loves irish pub food and I am not experienced with either...! But if I don't say it came out exactly how I thought they would.

I coupled it with Irish soda bread...
I have had this stuff before and its so simple and nice!
OMFG! I will go ahead and say that if you dont have the ability to just go with it then don't atempt this...
I have made bread before its not really that hard, but this dough looks NOTHING like any bread dough I have ever seen
I had to stop and look at the reciept and make sure I had it all...ohh and also you really do have to use a wooden spoon, an electric mixer puts to much air in the dough.
It's hard to stir and dense...but I went with it...ohhh that heavenly aroma that stirred about in my kitchen!
I was starving by the time dinner was done cooking.
It is an Irish feast to be had and I pulled it off...
I'm tired and my arms are killing me...BUT! nothing comes easy right!

I found myself in the zone in the kitchen...all the stress of the day just kinda diddnt matter. the fact that I was creating something was just more important. Music cranked up high and a hand towel over my shoulder I felt like I belonged there...someone suggested to me that I do it for a living...HELL NO, I don't wanna play with anyone else...I find it erotic to cook with Lee...but some smelly sweaty gross...nope no way...not happenin!

Tomarrows dish...Pulled pork baked beans and coleslaw....

I also wanted to comment on what a few of you asked...Will I share a reciept..sure if you want it...Ill send it to ya...am I bold...honey in ways you will never dream of....and please if you have a tip share with me!

*poof*
Old 03-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #9
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I love cooking!
I love the kitchen!
I love kitchen gadgets!
I love to feed people!
I love to eat!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2011, 02:30 PM   #10
Domestic Diva

How Do You Identify?:
Deliciousely Femme!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Soon to be married

Default 3 of 100

ok ok so I skipped a few days! ya well so what my hunny had some evenings off and that don't happen very often...plus I never claimed they would be consecutive!

So tonights dish is proving to be a pain in my ass!

Its a garlic seared Ahi Ahi with lemon grass and Jasmine rice

I have undertaken some finiky fish in my life (no pun intended) but good god!

So to start with this shit is expensive! I bought fresh cause I just couldn't bring myself to cook frozen tuna...not all special like this!
The garlic rub has 15 spices in it...why they don't call it spiced ahi ahi I'll never know but never the less we are talkin everything from Garlic to Cinnamon and a whole lot in between even roasted lemon zest...never roasted lemon zest but it's not easy I'll tell yea it ended up in the toaster oven cause I burnt it 5 times in the oven...
I love ahi ahi it makes me think of home...I grew up in Samoa a short ways from New Zealand so seafood always brings forth this weakness...mmmm and coconut and mango....ok Im getting side tracked.
so in with all the rub spices and coverd the fish...I left it to sit in the fridge and then heated my skillet and in with the olive oil and butter....fear...pounding in my fingers
whatever in with the fish...but its not meat so how long will this shit take to sear...OMG like not long!
it formed a thin crisp on the outside was juicy and fleshy on the inside....hmmm mind wandering again....
ok ok back to the food....
what a hiiiiii YAW taste...that was a cheap Karate impression btw...
it had some kick...but ohhh so good I have to tell ya I love the smell of lemon grass...not really excited about the taste, I love veggies...I love healthy stuff...but I think that this may be a lil much my 6 year old says it looks like straw and why do we have to eat straw and can she feed it to the cows across the street, I tried to explain to her that its not straw and no she can't give it to the cows...the Lee had to conquer...your not feeding it to the cows! Hy's a meat and tatoes kinds guy but he will try anything I cook...I don't think lemongrass will be on the menu again...
the rice I left plain...I figured there was so much taste there needed to be a neutral...it was a good idea...the fish a+ says Lee the lemon grass looks like cow food says the kid and the rice well it was just rice...

My friends are now comparing me to to the Julia and Julia movie...they all think its wild but I dont see em talkin crap when they are eating my food!

This is healing...the one thing I did not think about...LEFTOVERS! anyone want some?

*poof*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Domestic Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #11
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

Leftover ahi is mana.
wolfbittenpoet is offline   Reply With Quote