How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Fred Phelps Westboro Baptist Church, Kansas; Gay Hate Activists Died Today

In the end, whether we love or we hate, we all die. Sometimes people cry when we die. Sometimes they cheer. I am deeply glad that this hater of humans, who has picketed same sex weddings, multiple pride events, and most horribly, the funerals of gay soldiers who gave their lives for this country, has been removed from the world stage.

Blessings to his family. Let us hope that none of them feel driven/directed to take over his campaign of hate. Love is a much better choice.

Blessings to us all.

Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2014, 10:02 AM   #2
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Good riddence
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2014, 02:06 PM   #3
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Good riddence,I hope hell is hot enough.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2014, 03:43 PM   #4
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,128 Times in 306 Posts
Virago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
In the end, whether we love or we hate, we all die. Sometimes people cry when we die. Sometimes they cheer. I am deeply glad that this hater of humans, who has picketed same sex weddings, multiple pride events, and most horribly, the funerals of gay soldiers who gave their lives for this country, has been removed from the world stage.

Blessings to his family. Let us hope that none of them feel driven/directed to take over his campaign of hate. Love is a much better choice.

Blessings to us all.

Keri

One correction, if I may. He didn't just picket the funerals of gay soldiers but instead targeted all military funerals that he could. If I'm right, I believe his reason was that they died BECAUSE they were defending a country that believed in Gay Rights. I am very proud of my motorcycle brothers and sisters who formed The Patriot Guard Riders in response to this. They provided a nonviolent, volunteer buffer between the protesters and mourners.

I hope that his spirit can now find the peace and knowledge that his hatred in life prevented him from finding.
Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2014, 05:15 PM   #5
Jar

How Do You Identify?:
TG Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, da bomb...
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,341 Times in 534 Posts
Jar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virago View Post
One correction, if I may. He didn't just picket the funerals of gay soldiers but instead targeted all military funerals that he could. If I'm right, I believe his reason was that they died BECAUSE they were defending a country that believed in Gay Rights. I am very proud of my motorcycle brothers and sisters who formed The Patriot Guard Riders in response to this. They provided a nonviolent, volunteer buffer between the protesters and mourners.

I hope that his spirit can now find the peace and knowledge that his hatred in life prevented him from finding.
Yes, you're correct. He picketed soldiers who defended this country. He even picketed, or attempted to, a funeral in my little hometown in Louisiana and the bikers shut him down! I love those bikers![

No matter what life brings you, always learn a lesson from your dog ... kick some grass over that shit and move on
Jar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jar For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2014, 06:37 PM   #6
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I feel incredible pity for anyone who lives in such ignorance and violent hatred of other human beings.

I have read a few articles and one that I read said that he died alone in a nursing home facility or something. Can you imagine leading such a life that none of your kin want to be with you in your final hours? That no friends would come pay their respects? Not saying I feel sorry for him but on a tiny level I wonder if, in his final moments, he would have wanted to change some of the things he said or did.

I know of people like him. Even people like him who are Gay. People who are so acidic, so toxic, that they drive everyone away by being such giant, black-hearted assholes that they end up dying alone or living lives of misery.
Even when I've had those kinds of people say and do shitty, terrible things to me, I still feel pity for them. I'm still able to feel pity that they have found no joy in their lives or anything worth focusing their good energy on.

Fred Phelps was a pitiful man. A man living without a scrap of joy.

I hope that wherever his soul goes (and I hope like hell it goes somewhere because can you fucking IMAGINE wasting your precious existence in this world the way he did with no chance to redeem or learn from it?????), that he encounters beings who do not practice the kind of shit he preached.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2014, 09:42 PM   #7
mountainbikedyke

How Do You Identify?:
Masculine Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

mountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputationmountainbikedyke Has the BEST Reputation

Spring cleaning at its finest! Good riddance prick!
Old 03-21-2014, 05:18 PM   #8
Jar

How Do You Identify?:
TG Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, da bomb...
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,341 Times in 534 Posts
Jar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I feel incredible pity for anyone who lives in such ignorance and violent hatred of other human beings.

Fred Phelps was a pitiful man. A man living without a scrap of joy.
I felt the same way. I wasn't glad he was dead but felt more of a sadness for such a bitter life. I can't imagine spending every day hating and angry. It eats you up. You have to look at the world as it is and try to change it for the good, not try to destroy what you don't like. It's not your judgement call

No matter what life brings you, always learn a lesson from your dog ... kick some grass over that shit and move on
Jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #9
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I do not pity the man, his life meant nothing in the end. He lived for hate, reveled in it, smeared it all over this country. His self aggrandizement was for naught. Now his family want us to give them space to mourn, while still being useless haters. SMDH.
I have no sympathy for any of them.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2014, 05:35 PM   #10
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:
Bitch has no more excuses now.

Thanked 2,785 Times in 499 Posts
BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

If he did in fact die alone at a nursing home then I'm surprised. The documentaries that I've seen done on him and his church showed a rather close knitted family type unit. Very much like a commune. I will say that it gives me a sliver of hope that maybe, just maybe they did not hate as violently as he did but I guess time will tell.

I know a man who is pretty similar to Fred Phelps. Not near as vocal but just as full of hate as you can get. Took me many years and AA program to realize that the anger and hatred I had stored up over the years towards him was only harming myself. If I had let it, it'd turned me into him.

Because of that, I can only pity the man I know and others like him and Fred. To live with such hatred to the point that you have to spew that misery out into the world so that others feel and/or see it. It's like swallowing a pound of ground glass and living with that cutting feeling in the gut. God I'm so glad I don't have to live like that any more.

I just hope his family don't carry on his twisted "tradition". The world is better off without that misery and hate, that much I know.

Brute.
BrutalDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #11
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

The world is a better place without that pointed little head.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2014, 10:00 PM   #12
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDyke View Post
If he did in fact die alone at a nursing home then I'm surprised. The documentaries that I've seen done on him and his church showed a rather close knitted family type unit. Very much like a commune. I will say that it gives me a sliver of hope that maybe, just maybe they did not hate as violently as he did but I guess time will tell.

I know a man who is pretty similar to Fred Phelps. Not near as vocal but just as full of hate as you can get. Took me many years and AA program to realize that the anger and hatred I had stored up over the years towards him was only harming myself. If I had let it, it'd turned me into him.

Because of that, I can only pity the man I know and others like him and Fred. To live with such hatred to the point that you have to spew that misery out into the world so that others feel and/or see it. It's like swallowing a pound of ground glass and living with that cutting feeling in the gut. God I'm so glad I don't have to live like that any more.

I just hope his family don't carry on his twisted "tradition". The world is better off without that misery and hate, that much I know.

Brute.
Sadly, it seems his family may be even more hateful than he was, if that's even possible. Fred Phelps' son, Nate Phelps, announced that his father had been excommunicated by the Westboro group for advocating that they speak to each other more kindly.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:41 AM   #13
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
Sadly, it seems his family may be even more hateful than he was, if that's even possible. Fred Phelps' son, Nate Phelps, announced that his father had been excommunicated by the Westboro group for advocating that they speak to each other more kindly.

wow... just, wow. that is so incredibly sad and unreal.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2014, 08:47 AM   #14
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

" I wasn't invited to the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approve."-
Old 03-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #15
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sometimes hatred has an unexpected positive effect

"Following Phelps' death Wednesday at age 84, some gay-rights advocates suggested that he and his church created sympathy for lesbians, gays, bisexuals and the transgendered. Religious leaders who oppose gay marriage also said the pastor's tactics clouded the debate over such issues and put them on the defensive in discussing both policy and faith."

"The world lost someone who did a whole lot more for the LGBT community than we realize or understand," said Cathy Renna, a longtime consultant to LGBT groups. "He has brought along allies who are horrified by the hate. So his legacy will be exactly the opposite of what he dreamed."

James Esseks, director of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Project at the American Civil Liberties Union, acknowledged that he eventually saw Phelps' protests as helping his own movement.

"He would show up with his extreme anti-gay views, and a bunch of people in the middle would think, 'If that's what it means to be anti-gay, I want no part of it,'" Esseks said.

The flip side.
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2014, 10:47 AM   #16
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,062 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post

His family in the church are equally as hateful. The church isn't going anywhere.

Our local (Kansas) LGBT groups have asked us to ignore his death and to not behave like they (Westboro) have by picketing his funeral.

“Those who attempt to conquer hatred by hatred are like warriors who take weapons to overcome others who bear arms. This does not end hatred, but gives it room to grow. But, ancient wisdom has advocated a different timeless strategy to overcome hatred. This eternal wisdom is to meet hatred with non-hatred. The method of trying to conquer hatred through hatred never succeeds in overcoming hatred. But, the method of overcoming hatred through non-hatred is eternally effective. That is why that method is described as eternal wisdom. ”
― Gautama Buddha
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2014, 11:32 AM   #17
silkepus

How Do You Identify?:
covered in ink and glitter
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
watching pictures of cats on tumblr

silkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputation

Oh no, how terrible. What a sad loss for humanity

silkepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:37 AM   #18
silkepus

How Do You Identify?:
covered in ink and glitter
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
watching pictures of cats on tumblr

silkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
I do not pity the man, his life meant nothing in the end. He lived for hate, reveled in it, smeared it all over this country. His self aggrandizement was for naught. Now his family want us to give them space to mourn, while still being useless haters. SMDH.
I have no sympathy for any of them.
I dont understand why someone wants to dedicate their life to hate like this. I cant help but to pity them a little, it cant be an easy way to live. To dedicate so much time to make life difficult for people whose lifestyles have absolutely no affect on their lives. It just doesnt make any sense.

silkepus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #19
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

There is a meme going around on Facebook saying that the members of the Westboro Baptist Church are asking that folks "have a little decency and respect and not picket the funeral".

I went and did a little checking and that plea actual does not appear on the website that I can find. I did find several articles saying that particular meme is meant as satire.

Posting since several folks on my feed on Facebook had shared it.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2014, 02:37 PM   #20
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkepus View Post
I dont understand why someone wants to dedicate their life to hate like this. I cant help but to pity them a little, it cant be an easy way to live. To dedicate so much time to make life difficult for people whose lifestyles have absolutely no affect on their lives. It just doesnt make any sense.
If I were to pity them it would mean that they have no choice in their hatred. They chose to hate, I chose not to pity. I pity animals who are abused, babied born to people who don't love them, the haters do not deserve my pity
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote