Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-03-2010, 07:32 PM   #21
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Wolfwalker,

I really enjoyed your "Rules of the House". It is very true for my house.

Love,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #22
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

With the heavy snow, I am making Rosie put out peanuts for Hank & Honey. They ate all the fruit rollups yesterday.

As for the birds, Rosie is just throwing out handfulls of sunflower seeds. They are gone now. She will do this again later on.

I am hoping and praying that our little friends are safe, and doing well. This weather is something else.

Andrew
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 12:30 PM   #23
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Cats always have us trained. It is why they are Superior Beings, and we are mere two-legged servants.
My cat did something the other day that made me realize that she was not my pet, that I was her pet. But when I think about it, she did adopt me. She used to hang around the front porch and I would put food out for her. Then she would hang out in the house for 10 minutes or so, look around, then stand by the door to be let out again. Finally, one day, she came in and never left. She adopted me. It took her about 4 visits before she made up her mind though lol. I should be insulted.

Rufusboi
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rufusboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #24
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,605 Times in 3,972 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I just came in from shoveling our 18 inches of snow ..which in real terms, swallows up my newfoundland dog with ease the minute she steps outside of the house. Last time I shoveled I ended up in ER and then in the hospital for three days with respiratory distress. I was told NOT to shovel snow. Ha.My dog needs to go to the bathroom and she needs walked. So yes, I will indeed sacrifice and do what I have to in order to meet her needs.

On a more general thought but specific to this thread, I am buying a house and will be able again to foster dogs again. I foster newfs but would foster any big dog, and prefer the much older ones..the ones that everyone is afraid to adopt. I love these oldsters. and if they never make it out of my house to permanent homes, then they can stay with me forever.

I also have acquired some bird feeders while I am here. My new house has a huge pergola where they use to hang bird feeders. I cant wait to get mine up there! I love feeding wildlife!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #25
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Posting while cutting ham up into teeny little bites for the toothless wonder.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 02:14 PM   #26
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwalker View Post
The following was found posted very low on a refrigerator door.

Dear Dogs and Cats:

The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food.. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Racing me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort, however.. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out on the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is no secret exit from the bathroom! If, by some miracle, I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge in an attempt to open the door. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years - canine/feline attendance is not required.

The proper order for kissing is: Kiss me first, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough.

Finally, in fairness, dear pets, I have posted the following message on the front door:

TO ALL NON-PET OWNERS WHO VISIT AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR PETS:

(1) They live here. You don't.
(2) If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. That's why they call it 'fur'-niture.
(3) I like my pets a lot better than I like most people..
(4) To you, they are animals. To me, they are adopted sons/daughters who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly.

Remember, dogs and cats are better than kids because they:
(1) eat less,
(2) don't ask for money all the time,
(3) are easier to train,
(4) normally come when called,
(5) never ask to drive the car,
(6) don't smoke or drink,
(7) don't want to wear your clothes,
(8) don't have to buy the latest fashions,
(9) don't need a gazillion dollars for college and
(10) if they get pregnant, you can sell their children...

I love this post. Especially #10.

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rufusboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #27
Jeep

How Do You Identify?:
confused
Relationship Status:
YEEHAW!!!

Jeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST Reputation

I am currently taking care of 2 of my friends houses while they are on vacation so in addition to my own 2 cats, dog, and possesed rabbit I have the joy of feeding 9 cows, 3 horses, a miniature horse, 1 dog, 3 barn cats (most lovable things ever, following me around, trying to trip me, using me as a jungle gym) and 3 indoor cats.
I too woke up one morning and found myself snowed in.. Plowing through 18 in. of snow carrying 75 pounds of grain and wondering why the hell I agreed to this shit.
I love em all though.. Yes, even the cows. They are very well behaved for their size. Unlike the horses who think it's ok to sneak up behind me and try to knock me over. On the nights I don't sleep at my house I find it rather lonely with no one to hog my bed or lay on top of me..
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle. ~Author Unknown
Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeep For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #28
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Legendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST Reputation

I am sitting here at my desk, trying to complete an outline for an essay class, and I have two dogs in a pile at my feet. They have decided the desk is a great den, and if I am working, that is the place they need to be. Makes it a bit uncomfortable for me however, as I cannot put my feet there, so I must type with my arms almost totally extended. Thanks, guys.
Legendryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Legendryder For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 04:22 PM   #29
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

My outdoor crew is doing well considering this snow we have. My indoor cats are resting as usual.

Dino is having a major issue. He refuses to go outside at all. In fact, it scares him. I am not sure if it is the snow drifts, piles, and what not, but he refuses to go outside. He sits by the door and cries. It is horrible. So, of course, I tell him it's ok, and I close the door. He goes back to the vet for a blood curve test for his diabetes. I am hoping we have resolved this. If not, I will be in the vet's office. And it won't be pretty. Trust me.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #30
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Have you seen these birds? They are black and some of them the male I assume have a brown neck. I call them cow birds, there are a million of them when they come in and i think they sense bird food from 100 miles. I won't see one and let me put out bird food and here they come.

Now I don't mind feeding the birds a bit, but these greedy suckers eat get full flap their wings and puke up what they just ate and eat again. The lazy asses also lay their eggs in some other birds nest so they don't be bothered with raising their own young. All they do is eat. This pisses me off when the other birds won't even hardly eat around them. So I open the door a few hundred times after I feed the birds to run them off so the song birds can eat.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 04:42 PM   #31
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Our entire living room is arranged so that our Kittehz are more comfy.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #32
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

ya'll make me feel like the bad moma..

I think I treat my kiss as if they were teenagers....