Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Lol no romantic bone in my body.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2015, 06:29 AM   #142
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,098 Times in 8,593 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Lol no romantic bone in my body.
Really?

Aren't you the one who suggested dancing in the living room with your honey even if you can't dance (see the "What TO DO in a relationship" thread)?

Methinks there's a romantic bone or two in you, JD.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #143
storyspinner70

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

storyspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputation

I am very affectionate, extremely solicitous, very tactile and loving...but the gifts and candlelight dinners with lots of meaningful stares and frought silences kind of romance just puts me on edge. Soooo uncomfortable for me. I'll actually take a passionate debate over that kind of romance any day. lol
storyspinner70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to storyspinner70 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2015, 04:31 PM   #144
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I'd say I'm fairly romantic
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2015, 04:35 PM   #145
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Really?

Aren't you the one who suggested dancing in the living room with your honey even if you can't dance (see the "What TO DO in a relationship" thread)?

Methinks there's a romantic bone or two in you, JD.
Might be one but I think that's about it lol

Albert Einstein
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2015, 09:28 AM   #146
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Might be one but I think that's about it lol
J Deere
I was totally like that too,I was in a band in the 80's and flatly refused to do love songs,only political songs,the last relationship I used to joke that she had put a spell on me,coz I used to find that stuff BS.In my 30's I never celebrated valentines day,I used to say it was a capitalist plot,to get ppl,to spend $,they cant afford,on stuff that is double the price,on that day.

Guess who sent 2 doz red roses on a recent VD ????????

sheepishly putting my hand up.
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2015, 11:50 PM   #147
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
J Deere
I was totally like that too,I was in a band in the 80's and flatly refused to do love songs,only political songs,the last relationship I used to joke that she had put a spell on me,coz I used to find that stuff BS.In my 30's I never celebrated valentines day,I used to say it was a capitalist plot,to get ppl,to spend $,they cant afford,on stuff that is double the price,on that day.

Guess who sent 2 doz red roses on a recent VD ????????

sheepishly putting my hand up.
I have like one bone in my body that does the romance stuff and that bone isn't working lately LOL.

Albert Einstein
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2015, 08:09 AM   #148
Shystonefem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Shy for President

Thanked 3,678 Times in 898 Posts
Shystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST Reputation

Depends on what you think romance is....

If dancing is romantic, guilty

If sitting on the beach and talking is romantic.... guilty

If if is the fact that I love romantic proposals.... guilty again

I think that is as far as it goes with me and typical romance.

I don't like receiving flowers (unless from my kids for a mother's day, etc) or if they are hand picked - why waste money on something that is going to die?

What is romance? I think that something I would find romantic just might be something another would not find romantic.

For the most part, I like the simple things..... oh, plus gold and diamonds, I like gold and diamonds too.

Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

~Lao Tzu
Shystonefem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shystonefem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2015, 11:28 AM   #149
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

To me romance is about discovering those thing, both big and small that make your lover feel cherished and loved, and then doing them. What feels romantic to one person could feel like a complete bore to the next person, so taking the time and making the effort to truly get to know what romance means to your lover/partner is romantic in itself.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”

Last edited by Jesse; 10-04-2015 at 11:35 AM. Reason: I guess I didn't really answer the question. ;)
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2015, 12:10 PM   #150
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,782 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I am not fussy about romantic gestures. If they come genuinely from the heart then I will love and appreciate them, whether they are more traditional or unconventional or unique things. My girl is an over the top romantic, so I get all kinds, all the time. I am very lucky. I also consider myself to be romantic and like expressing it in various ways, some of which are traditional and some of which come from my quirky self, but most of all what I think will resonate with her heart.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2015, 12:33 PM   #151
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
To me romance is about discovering those thing, both big and small that make your lover feel cherished and loved, and then doing them. What feels romantic to one person could feel like a complete bore to the next person, so taking the time and making the effort to truly get to know what romance means to your lover/partner is romantic in itself.
I agree Jesse,I remember reading her revolutionary poetry,by El Salvadorian poet Roque Dalton,definitely not everyone's cup of tea.LOL
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2015, 10:59 PM   #152
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

I don't really know what romantic means but if you call bringing flowers, doing little things, etc, then yeah I am guilty. But I am a 2x4 trans guy so I gotta be told LOL.

Albert Einstein
Old 10-09-2015, 12:17 AM   #153
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

Romance works both ways.I like it when she helps me put on my tie and gives me a long kiss.Telling me she loves me and to be safe.Standing behind me in the bathroom,both of us looking into the mirror as she combs my hair back and kisses my neck..sometimes she'll pull my hair back and bite my neck.I love long hugs and surprise dinners.Making out in the backseat of a car.Getting flowers is nice..mushy,blah..moving on.
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2015, 05:37 PM   #154
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Okay so I bought my girl a single pink rose, a card and candy she likes. She said that I was becoming more romantic. I just think it's cuz she puts up with me.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:51 PM   #155
Lecheloco

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine preferred
Relationship Status:
Happy as is, but a date would be nice

Thanked 1,975 Times in 633 Posts
Lecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST Reputation

I guess it would depend on what the person I am dating at the time felt was romantic. To me thinking of you and while I am out picking up some little thing I know you either like or something I see reminds me of you so I get it for them. to me the little thoughtful things I feel I do naturally are being romantic. but I doubt all women would think that ,like some may be the type that like the grand gestures periodically, maybe they think is romantic. I feel it's all in one's perception.

also a card in the mail to say hey I am thinking of you, for them to get out of the blue yeah that is being romantic
Lecheloco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lecheloco For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2015, 07:07 PM   #156
ForestGirl88

How Do You Identify?:
tomboy femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/It
Relationship Status:
Pleasantly Unfettered

ForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST Reputation

I tend to be overly practical. I clean the house, fix the faucet, make you a five course dinner and rock your body with things like drinking wine off your skin and letting you completely sit this one out (so to speak).

But......I have a very hard time talking about my feelings or being gushy and vulnerable. I should be butch, but I'm definately femme lol!
ForestGirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ForestGirl88 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2015, 07:11 PM   #157
ForestGirl88

How Do You Identify?:
tomboy femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/It
Relationship Status:
Pleasantly Unfettered

ForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST ReputationForestGirl88 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shystonefem View Post
For the most part, I like the simple things..... oh, plus gold and diamonds, I like gold and diamonds too.
This last part made me laugh so hard! Love it ^_^
ForestGirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:32 AM   #158
boioboi

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
they/them or ze/zer
Relationship Status:
Happily Committed

boioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputationboioboi Has the BEST Reputation

Romance, to me, is the small things. Coming home to discover my spouse did all the dishes. Or a phone call halfway through my day when I've casually mentioned that I'm having a hard day. Surprising me with my favorite foods. Snuggling with me at night. It really is the little things.

Romance goes both ways. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.
boioboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boioboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2015, 05:59 AM   #159
angelface
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

angelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputationangelface Has the BEST Reputation
Default VERY!!! :)

Romance and thoughtfulness go hand in hand for me. They both symbolize that you're thinking about your partner's wants and needs, so wish to put those thoughts into actions whatever they may be. I agree it's a two way exchange but once you find the right partner it should be a natural expression of your love and not a false forced gesture that's cliché.
Running a hot bath, making a meal, going for a walk somewhere scenic or cuddling on the sofa watching a movie are all very romantic to me and not material things. Time is such a very precious gift so giving that to me and vice versa is also very romantic.
angelface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angelface For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2015, 01:31 PM   #160
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestGirl88 View Post
I tend to be overly practical. I clean the house, fix the faucet, make you a five course dinner and rock your body with things like drinking wine off your skin and letting you completely sit this one out (so to speak).

But......I have a very hard time talking about my feelings or being gushy and vulnerable. I should be butch, but I'm definately femme lol!
Absolutely romantic in the same way. Not fond of grand gestures, I find them embarrassing in a bad way and unpleasant. I throw up from stage fright so attracting a ton of attention is hideous to me.

I think it's romantic when someone makes me a cup of tea, fixes my bike, buys me a book I really want, takes me to see a lecture I've wanted to see, teases me /takes the piss, calls me semi-insulting terms of endearment, picks out shoes they'd like me to wear, ogles my boobs in the restaurant or park or supermarket, surprises me with a road trip to some place science geeky. Or surprises me with something very dark and pervy.

Flowers to me just mean "I've done something shitty and I'm trying to butter you up" and they just no longer have a pleasant link for me.

Like people doing things for me because they *know* me and know what I'd like. Not because "butches do _____ for femmes." Because it means they aren't paying attention to who I am, just my gender, and frankly it feels like I'm a number in a well trodden formula and I could be any femme, cause they did it for them too.

I prefer to tailor my romantic moves to the individual. My exwife loved me baking her favourite bread, picking her flowers and reading her to sleep. Another ex liked me wearing clothes she'd pick out for me, washing her hair and making roast lamb.

I'd prefer to do what others like. But I'm not good with words or being emotionally expressive. I'm good with humour and teasing endearments.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: