ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

In my school, 7th grade was the earliest you could be in the high school musical. This was THE big production of the year, and one of the major events (aside from the homecoming football game, and the corn festival). EVERYONE wanted to be in it, especially me. I had only been in this town for two years, so i was still a "new kid" and wanted to do really well and get a great part so I could make friends and fit in.

Everyone was talking about how "hair" was going to be the musical, so I prepared an elaborate song and dance number, LOTS of choreography, there was a chair involved. There were about 20 of us waiting for them to start the auditions, so I was practicing my choreography. One of the seniors asked me what I was doing, so I told them. They said "okay" and went back to their seat. After about 15 minutes, they started rehearsals.

We were called on stage one at a time and asked to sing 3 lines from a pre-selected song, while standing still.

oops.

Needless to say, my "theatrics" did nothing to improve my popularity, but I DID get the part of "Pepper" in Annie, which was what the musical ACTUALLY was.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #22
smouldering

How Do You Identify?:
Punky girly girl, glittery femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc.
Relationship Status:
Single, Recovering

Thanked 3,974 Times in 924 Posts
smouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputation

I would have to say the dumbest thing that I have ever done that I absolutely regret to impress someone was getting a stupid tattoo.. someday I will have it covered up.. Doh!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to smouldering For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #23
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I really don't remember the stupid things I did to impress folks. I know I did them but it's been so long, I can't remember what they were.

I know that I've done the bought stuff I didn't need or want and pay off someone's bill things but those fall under the title of 'stupid things you did for your ungrateful partners', which is a completely different thread.

**edited to mention that the partners I make reference to are loooooong in the past and NOT Ebon or, to my knowledge, on this site**

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 02-24-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #24
Sassy

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Together

Thanked 1,928 Times in 460 Posts
Sassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
i don't even know what a Les Paul is.

.................. *dies*
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sassy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #25
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
i don't even know what a Les Paul is.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #26
Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Bought her a $5000 Les Paul after we were together for a week and paid off all her debts, we were together 5 years and I bought and bought and bought, it still was not enough.....boy was I ever an idiot. (a broke one)

Yes I have learned my lesson.....
Amen

Glynn
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oiler41 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #27
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Well, it was a long time ago (back when I was in my early 20s) and as it was, I was with a bunch of girlfriends from school and we were invited to an after-work-school party... up in the hills. Mixed company, of course.

I still have this trait to me but I've never forgotten what happened the day this happened:

There was this obnoxious smarty pants who dared people to outdo them in practically everything they did. Finally, toward the end of the party, this person dared us to see if any one of could climb to the top of a particular tree. Of course, about this time, I was sick hearing them do this and said to myself -- 'Let's see what you have to day about this when I get to the top'. Boy, oh boy, did we ever have a lot to say when it was all said and done. Once I got to the top of the tree, I realised how far up I was and of course, because I get motion sickness at the most inconvenient times ever (plus I can be a klutz at times too), I looked down and became so dizzie that I lost my balance and came flying down all the tree limbs that would not only save my life, but also hurt me too. Once I recovered, I was still lying on the ground laughing hysterically with my friends.

I've never forgotten that day, ever.

Everytime I am tempted to best someone, that memory comes to the front: immediately.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:23 PM   #28
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

When I was a kid....I crossed a wicked high train trestle which spanned the Connecticut River...all to prove to my cousins that I wasnt chicken....
Old 05-05-2014, 11:57 PM   #29
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I was apprentice white water rafting and one of the guides brought his "bit on the side" german tomboy quasi girl friend. Who to me read "screamin dyke" (not exposed too much to cultural gender expression variation at that point in my life. She wasn't a dyke at all). So in a fit to impress I wanted to show her how safe the water was. She was a bit nervous of swimming in the river. I was trying to show her that even though there are rapids, there are back eddies that are safe to swim in, and I was demonstrating this to her by doing a back flip into one from the back of the raft.

I hit my head on a huge rock on the bottom of the river. As soon as I hit it, I thought fuck. oh well, committed now and kept turning, peeling off an inch wide strip of skin from mid scalp down my forehead and down my nose. scalp wounds bleed like fuck. so when I emerged from the water I had blood running down my head and my face. She screamed. excellent. that's just the reaction I was looking for.

the first aider, my mate Linea (hot and also looked and acted dyke to me, and wasn't) asked me how I felt and I said "sexy."

I had a concussion two weeks later that made me not recognise people I knew and recongise people I didn't know. for six months. that was entertaining. and I lost my spot in field school in africa because I wasn't allowed on the plane to fly with a concussion.

Last edited by imperfect_cupcake; 05-06-2014 at 12:11 AM.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2014, 12:27 AM   #30
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,840 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Looking back, everything I have done to impress someone seems pretty dumb. I need to ponder a little while to see if anything stands out as post-worthy.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2014, 01:27 AM   #31
WildHorses

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch/Big Heart/Rough Edge
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, She, Hym, Whatever, it really does not matter but do NOT call me lady!
Relationship Status:
Crazy over Genesis!

Thanked 2,425 Times in 917 Posts
WildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST ReputationWildHorses Has the BEST Reputation

I got a tat with the nickname I called her attached to it. VERY stupid.
I had it removed YAY!

There's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away.

Sarah Kay

WildHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WildHorses For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2015, 05:55 PM   #32
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I guess it's not really dumb but I did accompany someone to a vegan restaurant when what I REALLY wanted was a steak!

The things we've done to accommodate others when we should of just focused on ourselves!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote