Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

I cannot flirt at all - by text, online or in person.
When I do try to flirt either the femme doesn't "get" that I'm flirting or I sound really strange.

Once I spent quite a bit of time with someone - apparenlty she started dating and broke up with someone during that time. *sigh* No luck at all!

Everyone who says to be a good flirter you should be yourself obviously aren't me!
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #42
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
vibing

Thanked 21,373 Times in 6,723 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Library_girl View Post
Leave to one of my favorite girls to start an awesome thread and get everyone all stirred up! Woo hoo!

I'm a much better flirt "in the moment" than any other time, but text flirts are fun! I'm not sure if I have a favorite to share. Although I will say that comedy and flirting go really well together. You could send a text that says "Wow! You look really hot today!" which I think is really funny. But then they might think you're a stalker. Ummmm use your own humor, not mine. Please!
texting can now be considered stalking? geez
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #43
SweetJane

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
always solo

SweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
I like that someone described it as a game of wits and clever. I recently shared this experience with someone, and it was a beautiful thing. I have 3300 saved text messages from this exchange (it went on for months), and I am too sentimental to delete them. It is a rather modern log of an ongoing conversation that never got tired or boring for me.

I'm a writer by trade, and I sometimes find text messages a little claustrophobic, and opt for the "larger canvas" of an email. However, texting is handy, convenient and can be done almost anywhere. And I appreciate the instant outbreak of wordplay that texting can accommodate.

Jake
Jake, I'm a professional writer, too. I never really learned to flirt well, but I have done a bit of written flirting. And it can be a very clever game of words. It shows the intelligence of the two flirting and can become a beautiful collection of sentiments. So I'm not surprised you saved those text messages......But there is a caveat. Sometimes you can get caught up in the word oneupmanship that you lose sight of the friendship or relationship that could be built.
Janie
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #44
SweetJane

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
always solo

SweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
All this about flirting is very intresting cause somehow I missed the ablity to flirt very well,my son said mamy years ago that I need to stop working so much and learn to smell the roses,unfourntunatly bill had to be paid.Now hat I have the time I still for some reason havent managed to learn to flirt with out hopeing I didnt stick my foot in my mouth or sound off the wall.
Rockinonahigh, just relax and be yourself, hun.
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SweetJane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #45
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane View Post
Jake, I'm a professional writer, too. I never really learned to flirt well, but I have done a bit of written flirting. And it can be a very clever game of words. It shows the intelligence of the two flirting and can become a beautiful collection of sentiments. So I'm not surprised you saved those text messages......But there is a caveat. Sometimes you can get caught up in the word oneupmanship that you lose sight of the friendship or relationship that could be built.
Janie
It was never really a game of one upping. It was more like a script for an Irene Dunne-Cary Grant or Hepburn-Tracy film. Frankly, I am tempted to turn the whole premise into a screenplay, but I don't think it would translate well.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #46
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I PROMISE I am not trying to derail.....I was sending flirty text messages to the woman I was dating at the time and they got a little racy. Well, I accidently forwarded one of the more racier ones to my ex-hubby . Good thing he has a great sense of humor. I got a text back asking me, " Can I watch"?? LMAO
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2012, 11:39 PM   #47
nicetgurl_30

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

nicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Is that ur text or mine?

O my gosh I know what u mean! I'm soo corny and nerdy I always get a huh? Or one these 0_o faces! So I always go with the worst lines ever and that way they know I'm at least showing interest and hey if they keep textin back they must enjoy whatever it is ur doing or saying!!

If that doesn't work text from Bennett always makes
Me laugh! Good luck!!

Fav line ever: okay first text and be like omg! Are u okay and then she say yeah y? Then BAM "“You must be tired because you’ve been running through my head all night."

Pretty bad right! There are hundreds of bad lines and some good ones!
nicetgurl_30 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nicetgurl_30 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #48
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

LOL, I never knew there were rules to flirting. Something thought out ahead of time that then ends up in a text could be quite nice indeed, as well as spontaneity. It's all in the delivery and the dance for me.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #49
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
LOL, I never knew there were rules to flirting. Something thought out ahead of time that then ends up in a text could be quite nice indeed, as well as spontaneity. It's all in the delivery and the dance for me.
FRESH! *slap*

... oh... I'm sorry buddy I thought you were flirting with me. I'll get some ice for that...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #50
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Will flirt for cupcakes.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #51
smouldering

How Do You Identify?:
Punky girly girl, glittery femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc.
Relationship Status:
Single, Recovering

Thanked 3,974 Times in 924 Posts
smouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputation

I am a natural flirt, I like to make people feel good and even smile sometimes.. heck i even enjoy making people blush If i flirt it probably means i like ya, but don't worry it doesn't mean i want to marry you :P.

I think the one problem that i have from time to time, especially when it comes to online or via texting is my just being nice or supportive being confused with flirting.. :S
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to smouldering For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #52
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJane View Post
A butch once told me that the femme should know instinctively when the flirt turns serious. I said, "How in the world would she know that if you didn't tell her?"

So how do we know, hmmm?
This is sooooooo me! A friend once referenced my flirting and I looked at him in absolute confusion because to me, I was just being me. So he asked, "Laney is there anytime that you do not flirt?" And I replied, "Yes, there is; I have to sleep don't I?"

Old 01-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #53
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I am severely flirting impaired....can't do it, rarely "get it" when it happens to me.

I can joke, be witty, be serious....but flirt?

Think I need to take a workshop or something.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #54
musicman

How Do You Identify?:
NA

musicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputationmusicman Has the BEST Reputation

Thinking of starting a flirting course just for Jo I have been known on occasion to flirt. I have been told I am charming and I love women. So flirting comes natural for me.

Not sure if that is a good thing or bad.
Musicman
musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to musicman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #55
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by smouldering View Post

I think the one problem that i have from time to time, especially when it comes to online or via texting is my just being nice or supportive being confused with flirting.. :S
This ALWAYS happens to me online…. I’m naturally supportive and caring of everyone in my life and that includes all the forums I’m a regular member off, too. It gets frustrating sometimes when rumours fly around by people who have never met me in person or even taken the time to get to know me online, yet, I’m pre-judged by my posts or the odd PM/Email.

If people really want to get to know the real me, then they will take the time too do so and not assume that I’m flirting with all and sundry just because I’m naturally chatty and friendly.

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #56
HoustonHuny

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

HoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
I hope this isn't your flirting.
HAHAHA...

Well apretty, it sure wasn't conscious flirting, however, subconscious is a whole nother matter, something we have no control over and are not even aware of. Obviously I got some reaction because "U" is posting sweet notes on my profile. LOL
HoustonHuny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #57
HoustonHuny

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

HoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST ReputationHoustonHuny Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan View Post
Besides the fact that my name is not UFO, and I find that to be a little dismissive, I have three things that stick out from your post.

1. Boys and bois, perhaps there lies the difference.

2. If I ever have to Google a flirt I would officially ask Bete to shoot me first.

3. I am too much of a gentleman to engage in childless competitions. Ms. Belle is a dear friend of mine and I would not disrespect our friendship by saying anything more than that.

These are all personal preferences and opinions and we are all entitled to express them respectfully.

I will respect yours and kindly ask you to respect mine.

*hands on hips* Well! If this is your idea of flirting, then I would rather flirt with PrincessBelle. (sorry PrincessBelle, didn't mean to bring you into this, I just think you are too cute for words)

My UFOMAN joke was not meant to be dismissive, I am truly sorry you took it that way. I learned long ago that people love to hear the sound of their name, so I make it a point of using people's names when I interact with them (even if it is only a screen name). It's just that it was stuck in my mind, because I read it that way. I will work very hard to fix the mental thingy so that if we ever interact again together, you will not feel "dismissed."

I will respect your opinion as long as you state it as your opinion. But when you use the word "should" it raises my hackles. You are not the "keeper of the shoulds" and neither am I.

I would still love to match your flirting trophies against mine.
HoustonHuny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #58
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I get Hello Kitty pics by text when I am stressing about something.

Now that's love!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #59
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

I always plan my flirts, or not-flirts. By 'plan' I don't mean I write them down for days and analyse them, but I put some thought into what I say (by not-flirts I mean the flirts you're not doing because someone inappropriate is trying to flirt with you). I've flirted with everything from boys to girls and I don't feel the need to change my flirting style for identity, rather for the person.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #60
Sassy

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Together

Thanked 1,928 Times in 460 Posts
Sassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST Reputation

I almost understand significant others who get jealous about their person/partner flirting with others? But then, I only almost understand monogamy, so I know I'm out of the loop on that one. Jealousy just doesn't run deep in my bones.

But I definitely don't understand people/persons who get offended when an acquaintance or even a stranger flirts with them.

I've always thought of flirting as a fun past-time that mutually bolsters egos. Being flirted with means someone found you cute, or smart, or funny... it's like a verbal exchange offered in reward for your ability to interest another person or engage with them on whatever level.

It's the oldest game in the world. It's generally harmless. It's a compliment. Smile and fire back what you've got. If you're not interested, smile and say so and you or I will shrug and move on. Nothing lost. And at least two people shared a smile.

For my sake, by all means, should you ever meet a 5-foot something gal w/green cat eyes and freckles and think she is cute/smart/funny, say so -- it might be me and I might need cheering up that day!
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sassy For This Useful Post: