Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation
Default Question:

Please check me on this, y'all.

Recently, I ran out of estrogen (again!), and when I don't take it, about a day after I am not taking it, the best way that I can describe it is that I go into PMS mode, just without the physical symptoms. One of my ex-roommates confirmed that that was about how I acted, when that situation occurred when we were living together.

I'm thinking that during the menstrual cycle, PMS (at least the mental symptoms) comes about when the hormones of estrogen and progesterone are produced at their lowest volumes.

Mind you, I've never really studied the hormonal systems in any detail at all, nor have I experienced a menstrual cycle (at least in this lifetime). Am I close to the truth in this idea?

Y'all have had a hell of a lot more experience with this then I have; so please check me on this.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2015, 11:50 PM   #2
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

I don't really know... Yes, low estrogen and a surge of progesterone are features of PMS, but I think the effects of PMS depend on a person's total body chemistry. If you already have low serotonin levels in the brain then the hormonal shifting can affect mood. Some people don't experience PMS at all. Lucky them!

Last edited by Angeltoes; 12-21-2015 at 12:00 AM. Reason: readability...
Angeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angeltoes For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2015, 06:50 AM   #3
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I think it's the other way around for me. I tend to experience most of the symptoms early on and feel better when the hormones wane a bit and stabilize.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2015, 07:39 PM   #4
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeest View Post
Please check me on this, y'all.

Recently, I ran out of estrogen (again!), and when I don't take it, about a day after I am not taking it, the best way that I can describe it is that I go into PMS mode, just without the physical symptoms. One of my ex-roommates confirmed that that was about how I acted, when that situation occurred when we were living together.

I'm thinking that during the menstrual cycle, PMS (at least the mental symptoms) comes about when the hormones of estrogen and progesterone are produced at their lowest volumes.

Mind you, I've never really studied the hormonal systems in any detail at all, nor have I experienced a menstrual cycle (at least in this lifetime). Am I close to the truth in this idea?

Y'all have had a hell of a lot more experience with this then I have; so please check me on this.
Our bodies get used to regular dosing. When you stop your estrogen, or I stop my testosterone, our bodies get out of whack.

It was pretty standard for trans men to do their shots every 14 days, but that has changed to every 10 days, or now, most commonly, every 7 days. As the T lowered in their system, they would "feel it", usually feeling irritable. I know that until I finally settled on a dose, I was all out of whack.

Since we don't make the hormones ourselves, there is a "big drop" unlike natal women or natal men.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2016, 04:25 PM   #5
pumpndude

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

pumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputation
Default Whats Up?

I have read some of the posts and feel that this is a very important subject...
But I don't understand why its in the Trans Zone Thread...

there are probably more women that would like to talk about this topic but may not find this thread....

I don't mean any disrespect to anyone on this thread....Just believe its in the wrong space.....
The Following User Says Thank You to pumpndude For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2016, 06:44 PM   #6
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Maybe because the woman who started the thread is Trans and was commenting on how she responded to fluctuations with her hormones.

Makes perfect sense to me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2016, 06:54 PM   #7
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I know that my ex would get pretty out of sorts if he got out of cycle with T. Not the same as estrogen- but it's the feedback I can offer. Sometimes he just wasn't up to doing his shot and it would delay a week or so. It would really impact him emotionally, even if he couldn't always put his finger on it right away.

I hope you get a re-fill soon and can get back to feeling better!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2016, 09:21 PM   #8
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I know that my ex would get pretty out of sorts if he got out of cycle with T. Not the same as estrogen- but it's the feedback I can offer. Sometimes he just wasn't up to doing his shot and it would delay a week or so. It would really impact him emotionally, even if he couldn't always put his finger on it right away.

I hope you get a re-fill soon and can get back to feeling better!
Did he do intra-muscular? Shot directly into the thigh? Men sometimes avoid their shots if that is their vehicle of administration of hormone due to the pain.

I do mine subcutaneous (people call it, subq), small needle into belly fat, every 7 days. It is taking some areas of the U.S. longer than others to catch up to using this vehicle of administration for testosterone. I never miss my shot as I know that it keeps me steady. My mental health has never been so good since I started taking testosterone. Which makes sense of course.....if I don't manufacture the right hormones, finally getting the right hormones into my body, would certainly make my quality of life better, now wouldn't it!

Nadeest, I can't recall if I asked you this before, but did you get stuck in the estradiol shortage issue? I know many women that had to switch to pills during this shortage, and don't like them. They plan to switch back to shot as soon as possible.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #9
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Did he do intra-muscular? Shot directly into the thigh? Men sometimes avoid their shots if that is their vehicle of administration of hormone due to the pain.
Dapper, Yes, that is his method. He always had a hard time getting his head there to do it. I don't blame him.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2016, 08:04 PM   #10
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

I am a transwoman, pumpndude.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2016, 08:06 PM   #11
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

No, I am on premarin, and before that, on estradiol. Both were and are administered as pills, except for a short time when I was on an estrogen patch. The patches didn't work well for me, so I talked to my doctor and went back to pills.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2018, 05:50 PM   #12
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Hormone Question: How does one prevent T from converting to estrogen?

Also, I have a problem. In the community where we are living now, cannot find a doc to rx my T. New primary care MD informed me she doesn't do gender "transformation."

Last doc gave inservices to the area Planned Parenthood clinics, but when I called they said, "we don't do that here." Wish she hadn't moved out of state.

Seems the nearest hope is 1.5 hours away without a car. Anyone know of a telemedicine practice that may be helpful?
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post: