Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > Words Games, Quizzes, Etc.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #21
adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

I was a history major......

adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to adorable For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #22
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,248 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

My idea:

#1-Divide the 100 coins into piles of 50. The heavier pile has the counterfeit.

#2-Divide the heavier pile into piles of 25. The heavier pile has the counterfeit.

#3-Divide the heavier pile into two piles of 12 (24). You hold one coin.
IF the piles are equal, you have the counterfeit!
IF they are unequal, you have a "normal" coin, and the heavier pile
has the counterfeit.

#4-Take the heavier pile (unless you were lucky above) of 12, and divide it into 6. The heavier pile has the counterfeit.

#5-Take the heavier pile of 6 and divide into two groups of 3. The heavier pile has the counterfeit.

#6-Take the heavier pile of 3, and put one coin on each pan. You hold one coin.
IF the coins are equal-you have the counterfeit in your hand.
IF the coins are unequal-that heavy coin is the counterfeit.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #23
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Another please. Since I missed out on this one. (Not that I would have come up with the right answer.)
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #24
SoberBoi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Robert
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Sharing my journey with God... ;)

SoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST Reputation

You would separate the coins into four groups of 25. Put group #1 on one side of the scale and weigh group #2 against it.

1) First, we need to isolate a control group that has all good coins in it.

Case A) If they weigh the same, neither has the bad coin. weigh group #3 against #1. If #1 and #3 are the same, then #4 is the culprit.
If they are different, #3 is the culprit.

Case B) If they weigh different, weigh group #3 against group #1. If they are different also, then #1 is the culprit.

Take 5 coins from the good coins to be your control group and put the rest of the good coins aside to purchase ice cream and dark chocolate.

2) Whittle down some more.

Break the culprit group into groups of 5.

Put your control group on one side of the scale.
Measure each of the culprit groups against the control group, stopping as soon as you find a group that is different.

Save one coin from the control group and the culprit group that was different.
Put the rest of the coins towards that new dildo you were saving for.

3) Go for the kill.

Take one coin from the control group and measure it, one by one, against the coins
from the new culprit group.

As soon as you find a coin that does not weigh the same, you have found the counterfeit.

Take the control coin and the other good coins and save up for some nice cologne for the boi who just found the counterfeit coin for you...and, please, remember to share the chocolate, ice cream, and dildo with the boi as well.

SoberBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoberBoi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #25
SoberBoi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Robert
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Sharing my journey with God... ;)

SoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST ReputationSoberBoi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberBoi View Post
You would separate the coins into four groups of 25. Put group #1 on one side of the scale and weigh group #2 against it.

1) First, we need to isolate a control group that has all good coins in it.

Case A) If they weigh the same, neither has the bad coin. weigh group #3 against #1. If #1 and #3 are the same, then #4 is the culprit.
If they are different, #3 is the culprit.

Case B) If they weigh different, weigh group #3 against group #1. If they are different also, then #1 is the culprit.

Take 5 coins from the good coins to be your control group and put the rest of the good coins aside to purchase ice cream and dark chocolate.

2) Whittle down some more.

Break the culprit group into groups of 5.

Put your control group on one side of the scale.
Measure each of the culprit groups against the control group, stopping as soon as you find a group that is different.

Save one coin from the control group and the culprit group that was different.
Put the rest of the coins towards that new dildo you were saving for.

3) Go for the kill.

Take one coin from the control group and measure it, one by one, against the coins
from the new culprit group.

As soon as you find a coin that does not weigh the same, you have found the counterfeit.

Take the control coin and the other good coins and save up for some nice cologne for the boi who just found the counterfeit coin for you...and, please, remember to share the chocolate, ice cream, and dildo with the boi as well.

I knew I was bad with navigation here... I didn't see the other answers first! .... quick, where's my tom-tom?!! LOL
SoberBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #26
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation

I'd just use my hands and see if there was any discernible difference before spending money on a scale. Then, I would compare it against another coin of the same denomination for a control.
Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:34 PM   #27
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I think people should remember the accuracy of their statements are so easy to check these days with all the modern technology available!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:31 PM   #28
Clyde

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Queer Butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/They.
Relationship Status:
Butchelor.

Clyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST ReputationClyde Has the BEST Reputation

This is a variation of an interview question that I ask. I believe the optimal algorithm is (3) piles of 33 with one coin leftover. Do you have the actual answer?
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clyde For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2015, 08:57 PM   #29
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
This is a variation of an interview question that I ask. I believe the optimal algorithm is (3) piles of 33 with one coin leftover. Do you have the actual answer?
Is Clyde correct?
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:06 AM   #30
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

after a bit of research, it appears he is not.

given new developments in science, do you believe the 3rd rock from the sun is actually earth?
Old 04-26-2021, 03:42 PM   #31
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipstickLola View Post
This might as well be the "one train leaves the NY station at 10 am doing 100 mph, one train leaves Chicago at 10 am doing 150 mph, what time do they intersect in.....Timbucktoo?"

I have NO idea but if it's safe to travel you can bet I'd be on that damn train!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote