Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-11-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Le Tour de France

Who is watching?

Who is disappointed that Lance has run into such bad luck this tour with several crashes during quite strategic moments, that he is no longer a contender?

Knowing this is his last tour (well, yeah, I know he has said this before, but I think he really means it this time!), it is just sad.

He has always been a bit of a cocky as*, but you have to respect his talent... many say he is the best that has ever been.

Sucks.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,3180126.story

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2010, 09:30 PM   #2
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Bein' a hometown boy, it made me sad to see him fall.

I don't know if he really means it when he says this is his last.....but we'll see, I guess.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Bein' a hometown boy, it made me sad to see him fall.

I don't know if he really means it when he says this is his last.....but we'll see, I guess.

That's right! He is a hometown boy for many of you on this site!

My condolences.

He is old for biking though, Diva...and add another year... it really would be tough for him to come back and be a real contender.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #4
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
That's right! He is a hometown boy for many of you on this site!

My condolences.

He is old for biking though, Diva...and add another year... it really would be tough for him to come back and be a real contender.

Yeah.....he's still a hero here, no matter what. It was very difficult to see him crash....over and over....

But I tell Ya....if anyone could do it, Lance could.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Yeah.....he's still a hero here, no matter what. It was very difficult to see him crash....over and over....

But I tell Ya....if anyone could do it, Lance could.
You are right about that one!

Old 07-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

My housemate follows him as she is prepping for a triathalon in August (and follows all things biking, running, and swimming). She told me about his crashes and I felt so bad for him. I've always found him likeable despite the cockiness.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 05:25 AM   #7
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Who is watching?

Who is disappointed that Lance has run into such bad luck this tour with several crashes during quite strategic moments, that he is no longer a contender?

Knowing this is his last tour (well, yeah, I know he has said this before, but I think he really means it this time!), it is just sad.

He has always been a bit of a cocky as*, but you have to respect his talent... many say he is the best that has ever been.

Sucks.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,3180126.story
I have been watching the tour and yes I am disappointed that Lance is no longer a contender. I cannot believe all the bad luck he had in the stage yesterday. You can bet that he will be riding for Levi since he was able to ride up into the top 10 yesterday.

I personally have not found him to be a bit cocky.

I believe he will retire (hate to see it) like he stated BEFORE this season. However, I believe he will still play be a vital part of the team in one way or another.
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2010, 06:34 AM   #8
shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

Thanked 1,644 Times in 485 Posts
shadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputation

This house is Tour de France and bike racing central during the season as both me and my bro Snack are terminal cycling crackheads.It was hard to watch Lance go down yesterday,but no matter what his role is on the team after today's rest day I know he will do it to the best of his still considerable ability. The word was that the team will take today's rest day to decide if a shift is in order since Levi Leipheimer,Andreas Kloden,and Chris Horner all have a shot at the podium,with Levi being the highest placed RadioShack rider at this time. My prediction is that Lance will give it a go in the first stage back tomorrow and if he isn't strong enough to pull back up in the standings after that mountain stage,Levi will become the primary rider and Lance and the rest of the team will turn themselves inside out to see him wearing yellow into Paris. Both Lance and the director sportif, Johan Bruyneel,are brilliant strategists. As far as Lance being cocky, you have to have a certain amount of swagger to be as driven to excel as he is. I find him to be very direct and dedicated to his foundation. He promised his children that this was his last year away from them,so I don't see him returning as a rider next year.He is the owner of the domestic Trek Livestrong U23 Team so hopefully that will help to grow the sport in the USA. He has stated that he will do rides,both mountain and road,triathlons and running events in support of the Lance Armstrong Foundation.I also think that if you asked Lance or any other professional cyclist who the greatest rider of all time is,the consensus would be Eddy Mercxx "The Cannibal" and 5 time winner of the Tour. Just my .50 as bikes and all things cycling are one of my main passions!! Shad
Old 07-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #9
Daktari

Another Tour nut here. Lance really should have stayed away, he's too old and he's not going to get a podium finish, I think he should have just left us all with the memory of a fantastic 7 tour wins. I personally don't want to see him be a shadow of his former riding self. What news of the Floyd Landis allegations?

I'm rooting for the new Sky team with the fantastic Bradley Wiggins at the helm. Of course I'm keeping an eye on Mark Cavendish too, who hopefully will continue to take stage wins.

Merckx was the rider of legend in my childhood, along with Hinault who is not that far behind Merckx in number of stage wins over a career. I also loved watching Big Mig in the early 90's as he rode into that rather rarified group of 5 times winners of the Tour.

I'm so glad that y'all are interested in the Tour.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2010, 05:46 AM   #10
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Yes, my guess is that Levi will become the primary rider for RadioShack. Today will be interesting for sure!

And yes, in terms of Eddie Merckx historically having been heralded as the best. The last couple of years I have heard/read the same said of Lance...that is all I was saying.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:33 PM   #11
Daktari

To be fair Lance has won 7 Tours, Merckx only 5...although his 5 Giro's and 1 Vuelta as well as wins in the Classic day races probably do put him ahead of Lance. Although one has to herald the achievement of Mr.Armstrong, 7 Tour wins is monumentally awesome. He's in a class of one.

Poor Bradley is struggling a little bit right now and not looking like beating or even equaling his last years position of fourth.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:33 AM   #12
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

http://www.fanhouse.com/2011/01/26/r..._lnk2%7C197548

Old 01-27-2011, 05:11 AM   #13
Daktari

Oh Alberto, you twit!!
Old 01-27-2011, 10:02 AM   #14
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

I heard the news about the ban yesterday on ESPN. I am not a fan of Contador, especially since the 2009 Tour. Contador proved that he was not a team player.

I believe he should be banned for two years.

"There's something to be said for not saying anything"
The Following User Says Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2011, 01:06 PM   #15
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackTime View Post
I heard the news about the ban yesterday on ESPN. I am not a fan of Contador, especially since the 2009 Tour. Contador proved that he was not a team player.

I believe he should be banned for two years.
Agreed, on both points.

I am quite pleased with this turn of events.

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #16
Daktari

I believe it calls his other victories into question. I'm rather hard-line about drug cheats in any sport and believe that they should receive life-time bans from competition.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #17
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
I believe it calls his other victories into question. I'm rather hard-line about drug cheats in any sport and believe that they should receive life-time bans from competition.
I TOTALLY agree with you!

I cannot believe that Contador is blaming this on a bad steak!

"There's something to be said for not saying anything"
Old 07-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #18
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Default 2011

Who's watching this year????

Old 07-07-2011, 04:03 AM   #19
Daktari

Me!

Wooohoooo Cav won the sprint finish yesterday.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:34 AM   #20
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Me!

Wooohoooo Cav won the sprint finish yesterday.
Yes, I read this morning that this moves him into the top 10 on the all time list of stage wins.