Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

If you're ever on a safari, check out the animals.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:14 AM   #682
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

If you're ever on a cruise ship, book the lifeboat.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:04 PM   #683
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

``
Don's Pharmacy, Soda Fountain, and Variety Store 1151 Water St, Port Townsend, WA

Postcards, toys, games, etc etc and after you're tired, treat yourself to something refreshing in their 1950's throwback to a Woolsworth lunch counter
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:57 PM   #684
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

My Goddaughter posted lots of pictures from her recent visit here. It looks really beautiful and then to find out it's a Bavarian little town! Leavenworth, Washington. It definitely reminds me of the Southern California town of Solvang.

Leavenworth is a Bavarian-styled village in the Cascade Mountains, in central Washington State. Alpine-style buildings with restaurants serving German beer and food line Front Street. The Nutcracker Museum displays thousands of nutcrackers, some dating back centuries. On the Wenatchee River, Waterfront Park is a habitat for ospreys and eagles. The village is a gateway to nearby ski areas and wineries.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 10:28 AM   #685
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

1747 N Damen Ave Chicago

SO much more than just hot chocolate too!

We didn't order off the menu just had a goodie and a cup of coca but it was delish..........
Hot Chocolate to Close to Make Room for New Mindy Segal Bakery. From the article I read this happened around May.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:35 AM   #686
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
yum..i haven't had Chicago pizza in a long while..lucky

And should you ever return to Washington state check out the pizza at The Cloverleaf in Tacoma!

Old 07-02-2020, 12:59 PM   #687
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

If you're ever in Ottawa, get a Covid test at the Brewer Park facility.
Old 07-02-2020, 04:10 PM   #688
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
My Goddaughter posted lots of pictures from her recent visit here. It looks really beautiful and then to find out it's a Bavarian little town! Leavenworth, Washington. It definitely reminds me of the Southern California town of Solvang.

Leavenworth is a Bavarian-styled village in the Cascade Mountains, in central Washington State. Alpine-style buildings with restaurants serving German beer and food line Front Street. The Nutcracker Museum displays thousands of nutcrackers, some dating back centuries. On the Wenatchee River, Waterfront Park is a habitat for ospreys and eagles. The village is a gateway to nearby ski areas and wineries.
I've always heard good things about this town! Hopefully someday I'll get to check it out first hand.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2020, 11:16 AM   #689
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Going to be in Chicago soon, then check out....

Pizza Friendly Pizza 1039 N Western Ave Chicago (inhabiting the former Bite Cafe space, but it's a walk-up window and down the alley)

Like its name suggests, the star of the menu is pizza—more specifically, thick Sicilian-style 'za available by the slice or the whole pie. There are four varieties to choose from, including pepperoni and basil with aged parmesan as well as mushroom and Calabrian chili with burrata.

The final product is decidedly Sicilian, which sports a thick and bubbly crust that's anchored by crispy, caramelized edges. "It looks like it's going to be this Chicago deep-dish, gut-bomb thing, but it's much more like a lightly cooked English muffin.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:33 AM   #690
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default And if you're looking for some vinyl, check out these music stores.

Laurie’s Planet of Sound 4639 N Lincoln Ave Chicago

Dave's Records 2604 N Clark St Chicago

Bric-A-Brac Records and Collectibles 3156 W Diversey Ave Chicago

Bob’s Blues & Jazz Mart 3419 W Irving Park Rd Chicago

Sidebar: Please note that as of this posting Aug 6th these stores are open for in-store customer shopping, however it's always a good idea to phone ahead just to make sure.
Old 08-06-2020, 12:12 PM   #691
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default If you're visiting the Olympic Peninsula check out newly opened ........

Sourdough Willy's Pizzeria 11265 NE State Hwy 104, Kingston, WA (this is just a hop, skip, and jump from the Kingston Ferry Dock).

They offer Sicilian, Detroit, and New York style pizzas.

There is only walk-in ordering or online ordering at this time with no inside dining presently. When the back portion of Willy's is completed, there will be a full bar.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:00 PM   #692
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-Butch View Post
If you come to Canada and are around the Toronto area I am a good guide to the city plus areas of recreation and good eats. If you are a buddy and don't mind a butch cave, come on up and I would be glad to put you up for your visit. $100. + a day can go for other things to make your trip enjoyable. Lets get this virus over with and get on with it.
Stone, I realize it will more than likely be canceled but isn't there a film festival in Toronto held yearly?
Old 08-08-2020, 06:01 AM   #693
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

Sourdough Willy's Pizzeria 11265 NE State Hwy 104, Kingston, WA (this is just a hop, skip, and jump from the Kingston Ferry Dock).

They offer Sicilian, Detroit, and New York style pizzas.

There is only walk-in ordering or online ordering at this time with no inside dining presently. When the back portion of Willy's is completed, there will be a full bar.
So far I can recommend the New York & Sicilian Styles....
Old 08-08-2020, 06:53 AM   #694
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default The AWM reopened to the general public July 3....

Quote:
American Writers Museum 180 Michigan Ave, Chicago

American Writers Museum is the first and only national museum honoring American writers and their work, with interactive exhibits and programs that celebrate the past, promote the present and inspire the future of writing in the United States. The American Writers Museum was created to celebrate the writers and their work. Exhibits showcase the writers who helped shape our history – writers of novels, song lyrics, poetry, plays, speeches, comics, journalism, humor, and more. The museum is a modern, interactive place with sights, sounds, scents, touchscreens, and original installations.

Featured are programs with award-winning and bestselling authors too promote today’s writers, by bringing them together with their readers. These events take readers beyond the page, to hear from their favorite authors about their books, their impact, the writing process, and the subjects they write about.

There’s something for everyone, from children’s storytimes and author talks to literary cocktail tastings.
Their adjusted hours of operation upon reopening are Wednesday through Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm. They will be closed Mondays and Tuesdays. They strongly encourage online ticket purchases prior to your visit to minimize contact with front desk staff . Masks that cover your mouth and nose are required to enter the building and the museum and must be kept on at all times. Maintain a safe physical distancing of six feet between you and other museum visitors at all times
Old 08-08-2020, 07:12 AM   #695
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Spinning J Bakery 1000 N California Ave Chicago (b/t Cortez St & Augusta Blvd)

This morning I had a phone conversation with my "Chicago Traveling Companion" who mentioned she was heading over to this establishment! She wasn't sure about inside seating, but if it wasn't available she was willing to do take-out for some of their fabulous goodies!

She also mentioned many of the eating establishments in the Chicago area have gotten very creative with inside dining restrictions as well as Al fresco options.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:26 AM   #696
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Are you a beer connoisseur and visiting in Chicago? Then perhaps check out

Moody Tongue Brewing Company 2515 S Wabash Ave

After a phone conversation recently with my Traveling Companion and Beer Aficionado its come to my attention that Moody Tongue must be added to my "must try" on the next trip to the Windy City!

As I've often stated, I'm not a beer drinker and would never go out of my way to visit a brewing establishment! But after she told me about the food/dessert, I'm game.....

12-layer German chocolate cake
At last report Moody Tongue Brewing Company was not open for dine-in services only delivery, take-out, or curb side pickups.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:00 PM   #697
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Busy Beaver Button Company....

3407 W Armitage Ave Chicago Mon-Fri, 10am–4pm Woman Owned

The Busy Beaver Button Co. has produced tens of millions of shiny pins and buttons since it opened in 1995. They’ll still gladly make you any design you desire, but shopping isn't the only reason to visit the Chicago store. Art lovers and culture vultures will also want to check out the eponymous museum. Scope out the collection of more than 9,000 historical pin-back buttons, including concert memorabilia and political campaign collateral.

Sidebar: Hours may change, call ahead 773-645-3359 or for a live chat 855-439-2879
Old 08-18-2020, 03:35 PM   #698
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Due to the larger economic impact resulting from the coronavirus pandemic...

Many of my posts of places to eat in Chicago may now be obsolete!

Today, in a phone conversation with my traveling buddy, I learned of so many restaurants just couldn't make a go of it once Covid-19 hit!
Old 08-24-2020, 05:21 PM   #699
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Art lover and going to be in Chicago?

Monet And Chicago Opens September 5 - Jan 18 Michigan Avenue Entrance
111 South Michigan Avenue

The Art Institute presents Monet and Chicago, the first exhibition to explore the city’s unique connection to the beloved Impressionist. Among the more than 70 paintings in the exhibition—from the Art Institute’s exemplary holdings and esteemed Chicago-based collections—are iconic works and rarely seen still lifes, figural scenes, seascapes and landscapes.

Advance registration is required to ensure safe capacity limits. Visit artic.edu to reserve your tickets and learn about new museum hours and visiting policies.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:15 AM   #700
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Also at the Chicago Art Institute .....

~~
Now until Monday Nov 16th Malangatana: Mozambique Modern

African painter and poet Malangatana Ngwenya (who was mostly known by his first name) spent his career blending elements of European modernism with the folklore and tradition of Mozambique. "Mozambique Modern" marks the first solo exhibition of a modern African painter at the Art Institute, presenting more than 40 of his surreal, colorful paintings and drawings, highlighting the late artist's contributions to modern African art.