Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 10-09-2018, 11:28 AM   #21
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

A month from today!!!!
Old 10-09-2018, 03:28 PM   #22
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
A month from today!!!!
CA has early voting so I will probably walk over to a voting station and submit my mail in ballot next weekend.

Then hold my breath.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2018, 05:27 PM   #23
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Yup.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2018, 05:50 PM   #24
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I am 60. I have missed one primary ever. I was sick. I vote in person. I know in some cases it's a cultural thing, but I don't understand not voting. One thing I am looking forward to voting for is the amendment that will return voting rights to convicted felons in Florida. Every citizen who wants to vote should have that right. I wish we had the day off as a National Holiday, every November.
I'm in Australia,we vote on a Saturday and voting is compulsary,you are fined if you dont vote,unless you have a valid reason,although our conservitive party would like to change it.
although you do have to register and a lot of younger gernerations are not registering.

funny thing is the Liberal party,IE "our conservitives",wanting a postal vote om marriage equality,so of course the younger lot had to register to vote"so now a whole younger gerneration are registered and will have to vote in election.

oh yeah and marriage romped in 70%-30%

so it was a win win

bloody idiots
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2018, 09:34 PM   #25
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
I'm in Australia,we vote on a Saturday and voting is compulsary,you are fined if you dont vote,unless you have a valid reason,although our conservitive party would like to change it.
although you do have to register and a lot of younger gernerations are not registering.

funny thing is the Liberal party,IE "our conservitives",wanting a postal vote om marriage equality,so of course the younger lot had to register to vote"so now a whole younger gerneration are registered and will have to vote in election.

oh yeah and marriage romped in 70%-30%

so it was a win win

bloody idiots
How much is the fine if you don't vote, Vincent? Are you billed?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2018, 05:04 AM   #26
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

High turnout has historically favored Dems. Hence the Republicans' effective efforts to suppress the vote. Everyone on the left has been hoping demographics are going to be the death knell of Republican power. But traditionally most Latinx and Asian folk don't vote. And among registered voters, their turnout is the lowest. But if they were to vote in greater numbers, I don't think the effect would be as strongly in the favor of Dems as they hope. There are many many conservative Latinx. The evangelicals tend to vote like white evangelicals; whereas African American evangelicals do not. There are many conservative Asian voters as well.

Youth from every background can be counted on to vote in a more liberal way, but they're not voting. It's so hard to predict turnout among younger voters. You hear about enthusiasm and increased registration, but that does not always translate into turnout.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:31 PM   #27
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
How much is the fine if you don't vote, Vincent? Are you billed?
I think its like $50-$100 dollars
they usually send out a letter,from the AEC "Aust electoral commision"
we also still use paper ballots
no machines YET
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2018, 04:06 AM   #28
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Voter Registration Deadline for Every State

Voter Registration Deadline for Every State

https://goodblacknews.org/2018/10/10...r-every-state/

(The information above has been culled from headcount.org, but some of headcount’s links aren’t working.)
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2018, 08:17 AM   #29
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Annnnddddd another bump!!

Old 10-16-2018, 06:14 PM   #30
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Three weeks. I talked to a guy today a few years older than I am. Lives near me in a red county of a purple state. He's hoping for a big blue wave, he said. It's nice to meet strangers here and find they aren't predictably conservative. He has a history of union membership. The longer I live and observe life under capitalism, the more I think that nothing is more important in creating a decent life and decent communities than our unions.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:18 PM   #31
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Three weeks. I talked to a guy today a few years older than I am. Lives near me in a red county of a purple state. He's hoping for a big blue wave, he said. It's nice to meet strangers here and find they aren't predictably conservative. He has a history of union membership. The longer I live and observe life under capitalism, the more I think that nothing is more important in creating a decent life and decent communities than our unions.

If the Dems do win the House, I will start making calls in support of anyone but Pelosi for Speaker.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:02 AM   #32
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Lots of unheard from members. Who else is voting and why? Who else is not voting and why?

Old 10-21-2018, 11:19 AM   #33
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I received my voter's guide in the mail, last week, and I also received my ballot by mail. Today, I'm going to fill out my ballot and personally deliver it to the elections office tomorrow.

We have a lot at stake, here in my state (Oregon).

There is an GOP candidate that is running against our democratic incumbent, Governor Kate Brown. That person has voted down laws on books, prior to running as an gubernatorial opponent of Brown. Although we have many seats held by Democrat's elected to office, it's important to make sure this person is not elected (Brown's GOP opponent). We, in our state, do not take it for granted all the good work accomplished by elected democratic officials in office.

For those not aware, the largest county (by population count) in our state, Multnomah county, is the only reason we have democrats elected to office. By and large, Oregon is an red state, if it were not for the largest representation of democratic voters in Oregon. We call ourselves the "Pale Blue Dot" (referencing Carl Sagan).
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2018, 01:52 PM   #34
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Lots of unheard from members. Who else is voting and why? Who else is not voting and why?
Still waiting to vote here on my end. For many things on the ballot.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:24 PM   #35
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Barack Obama is in Las Vega$ tonight....

I turned in my ballot earlier today and tonight, because not much good news can be found online, I turned to YouTube and low and behold, the Today News Feed just uploaded the live stream video of Obama's Vegas address, to voters in Nevada. I'm watching it right now, it's about 40 minutes long, but it is contagious and inspirational and he drives home some very important ideas about what's at stake during mid-term elections, in just a couple of weeks.

It's just the shot in the arm I needed tonight.

Three Cheers for Barack Obama!

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2018, 12:33 PM   #36
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

After watching his plea for people to vote...hell yes. I was going before the speech, anyway. That President could lead me anywhere. I think Obama was the best President during my lifetime.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:42 PM   #37
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Two weeks. I so am pulling for my state's progressive candidate for governor, Andrew Gillum. I will vote Democratic otherwise, with less enthusiasm, because the alternative is worse. I am disgusted that Pelosi will be Speaker again just because she raised a lot of money. Fuck her. One of the few good things that has come out of 2016 is the Progressive challenge to mainstream Dems. Not successful yet, but being heard. That's better than before.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:44 PM   #38
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I went and did early voting today and also signed up for the Vote Van for several days until Election Day.
The Vote Van picks up people around my county and drives them to the polls if they dont have a ride.

Folks - If you have any spare resources or time, please consider helping get people to the polls to vote. Especially older folks, People of Color, and poor folks who can't afford public transportation. Uber and Lyft are doing free and reduced rides in several places but they don't cover a lot of rural areas and we have GOT to get people to the polls by every means necessary.

VOTE LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT...because it DOES.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2018, 05:56 PM   #39
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'll be voting and driving folks to vote. I have my work van reserved for the day and have been making sure that everyone who moves into the buildings that I manage has the opportunity to register to vote at their new address.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2018, 08:08 PM   #40
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Turnout really is everything. I donated. That's all I could do. I hear Gillum is working hard on the ground game, so I believe my money has been well spent.