Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-02-2017, 03:37 PM   #6581
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Oooooh excited to get these secrets!!! Sounds like everyone did a great job!

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2017, 04:49 PM   #6582
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,832 Times in 1,064 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Mine are also in the mail and you should get them on Tuesday!

I'm so excited to see everyone's post secrets!
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2017, 08:51 PM   #6583
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Cool We Dens DAY

Mailed in regular envelope last Weds.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2017, 10:36 PM   #6584
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today I got ts_kajira's and tommi's, so I'm only awaiting GeorgiaMa'am and Nanners, both of whom have checked in. So we are totally on track!

ts_kajira, your postsecrets had nothing to do with holidays that I could fathom but they were genuine and long secrets, bits of handwritten delight, so f_ck the rules! I love 'em! It's always a mega treat when you participate!

Tommi, original idea and really beautiful art. Not sure you addressed holidays either, but, again, the output is so impressive and people are just gonna love these, so they fit right in!

Everybody's really nailing this project!!! I like to rummage through the packages and imagine each of you opening them! They are so fun!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2017, 03:37 AM   #6585
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Originally, I had an idea that would have been awesome but then I saw it was supposed to be restricted to winter holiday secrets. It's too late now, so I see no harm in telling what it was. Since we had 12 participants, I was going to do one secret for a holiday in each month. I was all set to go and had already started laying out the designs and then re-read the directions so I know how easy it is to get off topic or miss a rule when I'm excited about the project.

Although, now I kinda wish I'd gone ahead and finished it, just to see how it turned out.

Hindsight! This way gave me an opportunity to work with a new material, so there's a benefit there too.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2017, 04:53 PM   #6586
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
There is a product called Gallery Glass that is intended for making "stained glass", but it is basically glue that you apply to clear glass. There are lots of colors, but there is a clear color that dries transparent. You can also use it to attach "gems"/cabochons to glass. I don't know how much weight it would support, but if the vials are light, and meant to hold something light, it ought to work fine. A small bottle should only cost about $3.
I ordered some of the clear Gallery Glass off Amazon last night. Thanks for turning me onto it. I also got some more E6000, so I'll experiment and see what works.

What I'm working on is a shadow box and gluing a very small vial of morphine (empty) , so it's not heavy I just need it to stick well.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2017, 04:56 PM   #6587
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,513 Times in 3,156 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
gluing a very small vial of morphine (empty) , so it's not heavy I just need it to stick well.
How did it get empty?
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2017, 05:32 PM   #6588
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,015 Times in 5,084 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I ordered some of the clear Gallery Glass off Amazon last night. Thanks for turning me onto it. I also got some more E6000, so I'll experiment and see what works.

What I'm working on is a shadow box and gluing a very small vial of morphine (empty) , so it's not heavy I just need it to stick well.
I'd love hearing how it works out!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2017, 06:25 PM   #6589
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
How did it get empty?
Hehe. Well I have a friend who used to work in the ER and he swiped it a long time ago after it was used. Probably totally not legal but since it's empty I figure I can't get in trouble using it for my art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I'd love hearing how it works out!
I will let you know!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2017, 08:13 PM   #6590
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default In the spirit of the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Today I got ts_kajira's and tommi's, so I'm only awaiting GeorgiaMa'am and Nanners, both of whom have checked in. So we are totally on track!

ts_kajira, your postsecrets had nothing to do with holidays that I could fathom but they were genuine and long secrets, bits of handwritten delight, so f_ck the rules! I love 'em! It's always a mega treat when you participate!

Tommi, original idea and really beautiful art. Not sure you addressed holidays either, but, again, the output is so impressive and people are just gonna love these, so they fit right in!

Everybody's really nailing this project!!! I like to rummage through the packages and imagine each of you opening them! They are so fun!
All I can say, is...well... we were in the season. Post turkey day, and before Dec. so, Ummm, that's my story and I'm stickin to it. I did remember to include the money..lol
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2017, 09:16 PM   #6591
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today Nanners and GeorgiaMa'am's postsecret mailings arrived, so we have not had one person who didn't come through! Awesome! I will try to mail out tomorrow. Can't wait to hear the reactions. Literally everyone did such a splendid job!

How do I... ?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2017, 08:43 PM   #6592
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Hey, y'all packages mailed tonight! Didn't add anything extra because I had to grab 'em all before work so I could get the post office in on my lunch. Thanks, everyone, for doing all the persnickety things I asked for, hope everyone will post when they receive!!!

How do I... ?
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2017, 06:31 AM   #6593
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Does anyone want to have a project going during the holiday season with a deadline in late January?
I don’t have an idea in mind, but I’m sure someone might.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2017, 07:37 PM   #6594
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,513 Times in 3,156 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
Does anyone want to have a project going during the holiday season with a deadline in late January?
I don’t have an idea in mind, but I’m sure someone might.
January wouldn't give me enough time to recover from Christmas but maybe something with a deadline in February?
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2017, 08:04 PM   #6595
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
January wouldn't give me enough time to recover from Christmas but maybe something with a deadline in February?
How about a theme of love and friendship, and have the project due sometime shortly after Valentines Day?

Any thoughts on that everyone?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2017, 11:29 PM   #6596
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Quote:
How about a theme of love and friendship, and have the project due sometime shortly after Valentines Day?

Hmm, I like it but wouldn't mind something with a twist.

Also, it really depends who wrangles and what ideas they have as well.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 04:09 AM   #6597
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I agree that we need to allow for family time, travel, holidays, etc.

This idea has promise.

Since you're thinking about around V Day, what about if we leech off of Besame's thread and make it a *Hearts* theme? That leaves it open to interpretation, people can get inspiration from the thread and love and friendship could fit in that too.

These are some good ideas being bounced, y'all! Any more?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 12:29 PM   #6598
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I like the hearts theme. Should we leave it open as far as medium, size, etc. What about twinchies? We've done inchie size and ATC'S. Dont know if the size would feel too restrictive for some.

I also agree a January deadline is a bit too soon for me.

GeorgiaMa'am, the Gallery Glass is working perfectly on all the small bits of glass I have for my shadow boxes. Thank you so much!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 01:07 PM   #6599
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Maybe people could choose between inches and Twinchies?

Quote:
I like the hearts theme. Should we leave it open as far as medium, size, etc. What about twinchies? We've done inchie size and ATC'S. Dont know if the size would feel too restrictive for some.

I also agree a January deadline is a bit too soon for me.

GeorgiaMa'am, the Gallery Glass is working perfectly on all the small bits of glass I have for my shadow boxes. Thank you so much!

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 01:08 PM   #6600
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Georgia or CCB, do you mind describing the specifics of how to work with gallery glass?

How do I... ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types