Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,089 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Peacock Pansy Butterflies

The peacock pansy butterflies are recognized by their striking eyespots. The fascinating butterflies are native to South Asian countries. The upperside of peacock fansy’s wings are yellowish brown in color with brown edges. There are also distinct costal bars and attractive ‘peacock eyespots’ on the wings. The eyespots on the lower part of the wings become more prominent and attractive. The patterns on underside peacock pansy’s wing’s changes with season. Unlike dry season more brightfull patterns and eyespots form on the wings in wet season. Compare to upperside the costal bars on the edges of underside of their wings are appears to be dull and less attractive.

It takes 3 – 5 days to hatch the eggs of peacock pansy. The leaves of host plant become main food of caterpillars. It also takes another 5-6 days for development as a butterfly from pupa. The adult peacock pansy has a wingspan between 54-62 mm. They mainly prefers to live in gardens and open areas.

https://themysteriousworld.com/10-mo...-in-the-world/
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2020, 08:44 AM   #21842
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,460 Times in 2,631 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Randomly posting stuff

In 1994 I adopted a baby gorilla in Africa under the "Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International. I received a birth certificate and details on her group and her mother and father (known Silverback). You just apply for your support payments and automatically let them take it out of the bank, easy as that. Her picture hangs on my wall and they send you updates and newer pictures along with details. She is now a mother a couple times over.
The money goes to pay anti-poachers to try to guard against poachers but it is a dangerous job. A lot of gorilla hunters out there. Such a shame they are so magnificent an animal to be destroyed at man's will.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2020, 08:52 PM   #21843
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-Butch View Post
In 1994 I adopted a baby gorilla in Africa under the "Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund International. I received a birth certificate and details on her group and her mother and father (known Silverback). You just apply for your support payments and automatically let them take it out of the bank, easy as that. Her picture hangs on my wall and they send you updates and newer pictures along with details. She is now a mother a couple times over.
The money goes to pay anti-poachers to try to guard against poachers but it is a dangerous job. A lot of gorilla hunters out there. Such a shame they are so magnificent an animal to be destroyed at man's will.
^5 to your selfless act ~ I always knew you were a pappi lolol couldn't resist ~
Old 02-05-2020, 10:11 PM   #21844
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,460 Times in 2,631 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Randomly posting stuff

ty Ocean, sweet one, but it is an honor for me to be able to help these beautiful first cousins of our. They have no protection but what is granted them by stupid, selfish, ignorant humans. I am more than happy to be a part of that protection in one small way.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2020, 02:23 PM   #21845
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Journalist Gwen Ifill to be memorialized with USPS Forever stamp

Journalist Gwen Ifill to be memorialized with USPS Forever stamp

The United States Postal Service has unveiled several new Forever stamps that will be issued in 2020. Among the stamp-sized works of art is a portrait of late PBS journalist Gwen Ifill.

Ifill's stamp will be a part of USPS' Black Heritage series. The esteemed journalist died in 2016 following a battle with cancer. She was 61. Throughout her career, Ifill moderated vice-presidential debates and worked for 17 years as a moderator on PBS "NewsHour." She was also managing editor of "Washington Week."

A 2008 photo of Ifill taken by photographer Robert Severi is now set to appear on a Forever stamp. "Among the first African Americans to hold prominent positions in both broadcast and print journalism, Ifill was a trailblazer in the profession," according to USPS. The Postal Service has been celebrating people, events and cultural milestones on these special stamps since 1847.

Ifill's stamp, designed by art director Derry Noyes, is the 43rd stamp in the Black Heritage series, which includes entertainer Lena Horne, civil rights activist Dorothy Height, Carter G. Woodson, who is credited as the "father of black history."

The group of 2020 Forever stamps includes an homage to Arnold Palmer, a celebration of the Lunar New Year: Year of the Rat, and a commemoration of Maine's statehood on its 200th anniversary.

There will also be four Forever stamps that celebrate different facets of hip-hop: "MCing (rapping), b-boying (breakdancing), DJing and graffiti art," according to USPS. And another stamp will commemorate the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which granted women the right to vote.

While the USPS unveiled these and other stamp designs Tuesday, they did warn that the 2020 stamps "are preliminary and subject to change."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/journal...mp-2019-10-22/
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2020, 08:28 AM   #21846
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Roy Hargrove Album Cover

The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2020, 09:44 AM   #21847
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Old Lesbians Guess Famous Lesbians

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 06:30 AM   #21848
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Los Tres Grandes | Vida Americana: Mexican Muralists Remake American Art, 1925–1945

With more than 200 works by sixty Mexican and American artists, Vida Americana: Mexican Muralists Remake American Art, 1925–1945 reorients art history, revealing the profound impact that the leading Mexican muralists—José Clemente Orozco, Diego Rivera, and David Alfaro Siqueiros, known as "los tres grandes"—had on the course of American art. From Jackson Pollock to Jacob Lawrence to Marion Greenwood, artists in the United States were inspired by their Mexican counterparts to transform elements of national history and everyday life into epic narratives of strength and endurance.

Narrated by Cheech Marin and featuring interviews with curators Barbara Haskell and Marcela Guerrero, and artists Aliza Nisenbaum and Derek Fordjour.

Vida Americana: Mexican Muralists Remake American Art, 1925–1945, on view February 17–May 17, 2020.

More info at https://whitney.org/Vida.
Old 03-07-2020, 12:16 AM   #21849
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

"The biggest human temptation is to settle for too little,"

--Thomas Merton

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2020, 03:18 PM   #21850
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

"Most institutions demand unqualified faith; but the institution of Science makes skepticism a virtue," --Robert K. Merton.

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2020, 11:19 AM   #21851
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Smile For Saturday and Sunday (Weekend Woo-woo)

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2020, 11:55 AM   #21852
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Virtually Tour 500+ Museums and Galleries

Virtually Tour 500+ Museums and Galleries
By Emily Price

Social distancing means that we’re all spending a lot more time at home, canceling or rescheduling vacations, and probably not going out to things like movies and museums. Staying at home doesn’t mean you can’t experience a little travel, and maybe a little culture, from your home computer.

Google Arts & Culture has a collection of more the 500 different museums and galleries up on its site that you can visit virtually. Clicking through to each one will bring up images of some of the museum or gallery’s collection, and in some cases full virtual tours of the museum you can take to pretend like, in a way, you’re actually there.

You can check out the full (massive) list of included galleries and museums. The list defaults to listing some of the most popular options first, but you can also sort them in alphabetic order or look at where they all are on a map.

Google Arts & Cultural Link to galleries and museums online:
https://artsandculture.google.com/partner?hl=en
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2020, 12:18 PM   #21853
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Finding out that Marilyn Monroe was raised by a single mother..

A story showed up on my newsfeed about celebs raised by single moms.

It's way more prevalent than I had ever known.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2020, 09:45 AM   #21854
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2020, 10:52 AM   #21855
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Spectre View Post
Do you live in a bubble?

I scored a 33.

There exists a new upper class that’s completely disconnected from the average American and American culture at large, argues Charles Murray, a libertarian political scientist and author.

Take this 25-question quiz, based on a similar one published in Murray’s 2012 book, “Coming Apart: The State of White America 1960-2010,” to find out just how thick your bubble is.

Here is a sample question:

Have you ever lived for at least a year in an American neighborhood in which the majority of your 50 nearest neighbors did not have college degrees?

Make your judgment with regard to your neighborhood, not your ZIP code. Answer “no” if you are thinking of a gentrifying neighborhood in which you were one of the gentrifiers.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/making-s...bble-a-quiz-2/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
i scored a 59.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Fascinating. I scored a 41.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
You got 68 points.

The higher your score, the thinner your bubble. The lower, the more insulated you might be from mainstream American culture.

See below for scores Charles Murray would expect you to get based on the following descriptions.

48–99: A lifelong resident of a working-class neighborhood with average television and movie going habits. Typical: 77.

I am not surprised!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
My score was 57.
<<<<<~~ My score was: 62 points.

The higher your score, the thinner your bubble. The lower, the more insulated you might be from mainstream American culture.

See below for scores Charles Murray would expect you to get based on the following descriptions.

48–99: A lifelong resident of a working-class neighborhood with average television and movie going habits. Typical: 77.

42–100: A first-generation middle-class person with working-class parents and average television and movie going habits. Typical: 66.

11–80: A first-generation upper-middle-class person with middle-class parents. Typical: 33.

0–43: A second-generation (or more) upper-middle-class person who has made a point of getting out a lot. Typical: 9.

0–20: A second-generation (or more) upper-middle-class person with the television and movie going habits of the upper middle class. Typical: 2.

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 06:47 AM   #21856
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
<<<<<~~ My score was: 62 points.

42–100: A first-generation middle-class person with working-class parents and average television and movie going habits. Typical: 66.

11–80: A first-generation upper-middle-class person with middle-class parents. Typical: 33.

0–43: A second-generation (or more) upper-middle-class person who has made a point of getting out a lot. Typical: 9.

0–20: A second-generation (or more) upper-middle-class person with the television and movie going habits of the upper middle class. Typical: 2.
My score was 32. Probably because I’ve never seen an episode of Wendy Williams, Dr. Phil, nor Ellen. I thought was an interesting question.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:49 PM   #21857
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Default Kite Festival

my favorite summertime activity...

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2020, 04:02 AM   #21858
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

More photos at The Guardian found here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2020, 05:34 AM   #21859
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default The Girls

Old 03-28-2020, 04:03 PM   #21860
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:

Tags
randomly, randomly post, stuff