Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation
Default MMA (UFC, Strikeforce, K-1 etc.)

Wondering if anyone is into MMA here? Feel free to talk about favourite fighters, orgs, the sport itself if you practice it and basically anything concerning MMA.

To get the ball rolling, anyone else watching UFC 124 tonight? Thoughts on the GSP vs. Koscheck fight?

Been a long time GSP fan and hoping he picks up another win tonight. From past performances he's far more versatile and athletic than Koscheck, and I think he'll have little problem dominating no matter if the fight stays standing up or goes down to the ground. Koscheck made a few comments about how he figured GSP would try to avoid standing up with him and try to take him down, but I can't see GSP avoiding stand up given that he's a fairly good striker himself. That said, I think wherever GSP wants the fight to go, that's where he'll take it give he's likely the UFC's strongest Welterweight. As far as Koscheck, too much talk and fairly mediocre performance, imo, considering the calibre of the majority of fighters he's faced in the past versus those GSP has faced who have been some of them top Welterweights in the organisation. We'll see tonight though!

In the spirit of tonight's competition:

EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Smile UFC Fan Here

Hey there, I'm a big fan of MMA fighting too. I like several fighters. My favorite is the the Iceman Chuck Liddell. Other favs include Urijah Faber, Forrest Griffin, GSP, and Brock Lesnar, amongst others...

I didn't get a chance to see UFC 124 but I do know how stringently GSP trains for a fight and that dedication is one thing that impresses me most about him. I remember his fights with BJ Penn and BJ's lackadaisical training methods...that's what cost BJ the fights. Until I saw how poor BJ Penn trained for his fight with GSP, I was a fan of his.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

I love MMA!!!!! I have a buddy who does MMA. I love UFC and Strikeforce. I love Rich Franklin, Chuck Liddell, Chris Leben, Forrest Griffin, Jake Shields, and Randy Couture.
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:25 AM   #4
Camo Eagle

How Do You Identify?:
FTM in these communities. Male in everyday & public life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Camo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST Reputation

I love MMA, and rem the very beginning of it here in the states.
I go far enough back to the Gracie Days. LMAO...........ohhhhhh Im offically an "old fart" I think.

I havent kept up with all the new grps & fighters very well. Im most familiar with UFC & K1.
I just rearranged my Sat Tv lineup and see that there are a lot on now. So I put those channels in my line up.
The other night I watched the Bellator Championship, which I hadnt heard of.

Im happy to see how it progressed. I still rem when it was being banned and ran out of most every state. It was being called barbaric. It was being done underground around here, bc there was no venue. It wasnt illegal, just not sanctioned. It drew huge crowds.
TX really stepped up to the plate. Its a big deal here in the SA area.

I would really like to get into it as a sport. Too old to compete. Hell, who am I kidding, just the workout would prolly kill me. LMAO
Camo Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
I didn't get a chance to see UFC 124 but I do know how stringently GSP trains for a fight and that dedication is one thing that impresses me most about him. I remember his fights with BJ Penn and BJ's lackadaisical training methods...that's what cost BJ the fights. Until I saw how poor BJ Penn trained for his fight with GSP, I was a fan of his.
Yeah, I was never really a BJ fan but watching his training before the fight and his general attitude not taking the fight seriously, really didn't improve my opinion of him. He may think he's a prodigy, but he still needs to train. Then after his loss he couldn't even accept it without trying to accuse GSP of cheating...coming from the guy who stuck his thumb in GSP's eye the last time they fought, well, I wouldn't be the one talking about cheating. That fight in general wasn't BJ's finest hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud_puppy1991 View Post
I love MMA!!!!! I have a buddy who does MMA. I love UFC and Strikeforce. I love Rich Franklin, Chuck Liddell, Chris Leben, Forrest Griffin, Jake Shields, and Randy Couture.
What did you think of Randy's last fight before his recent retirement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo Eagle View Post
I love MMA, and rem the very beginning of it here in the states.
I go far enough back to the Gracie Days. LMAO...........ohhhhhh Im offically an "old fart" I think.

I havent kept up with all the new grps & fighters very well. Im most familiar with UFC & K1.
I just rearranged my Sat Tv lineup and see that there are a lot on now. So I put those channels in my line up.
The other night I watched the Bellator Championship, which I hadnt heard of.

Im happy to see how it progressed. I still rem when it was being banned and ran out of most every state. It was being called barbaric. It was being done underground around here, bc there was no venue. It wasnt illegal, just not sanctioned. It drew huge crowds.
TX really stepped up to the plate. Its a big deal here in the SA area.

I would really like to get into it as a sport. Too old to compete. Hell, who am I kidding, just the workout would prolly kill me. LMAO
Yeah, it definitely has come along way and I've only been watching since 2004 when I was finally old enough to watch the fights at the bar lol The last fight here in Toronto was actually the biggest UFC ever and not sure how they'll manage to top it attendance-wise. There were over 50,000 people in attendance and sold out in a split second (which sucked for those of us who wanted to pick up some tickets for it...). It's insane how big the UFC has gotten.

And you're never too old to get into a sport. Even if you can't compete, it's just as fun to train at a club.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote