Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 10-11-2014, 12:47 AM   #2301
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation

Lynda la plante. Wrongful death
What a brilliant writer, love all her books.
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2014, 01:11 AM   #2302
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTulane View Post
I just finished "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein. Absolutely recommend it. I have now ordered his other novel "How Evan Broke His Head and other Secrets.".... The author also has another novel coming out in March of 2010 which I will surely purchase as well.

I have now vowed to get through the Lord of the Rings books and all of the Harry Potter's. I have seen all the films and loved them. So now I am starting The Hobbit and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
Have read all the HP books and I was so sad when I finished them, was like losing some really good friends (you will know what I mean if you like the books)
I love that hermione in the books gets a lot more written about.
And love her character.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:06 AM   #2303
Daktari

The second of St.Stephen of the Fry's autobiographies: The Fry Chronicles
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2014, 02:16 AM   #2304
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

Default bram stoker dracula

This was the very first book I read of my choice. I was scared as hell, but at the same time couldn't put it down. Hope you enjoyed it.
Its a great book

Last edited by jools66; 10-12-2014 at 02:18 AM. Reason: didnt put name of book
Old 10-12-2014, 04:13 AM   #2305
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation

"Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some We Eat." by Dr. Hal Herzog

"Does living with a pet really make people happier and healthier? What can we learn from biomedical research with mice? Who enjoyed a better quality of life—the chicken on a dinner plate or the rooster who died in a Saturday-night cockfight? Why is it wrong to eat the family dog? Drawing on more than two decades of research in the emerging field of anthrozoology, the science of human–animal relations, Hal Herzog offers surprising answers to these and other questions related to the moral conundrums we face day in and day out regarding the creatures with whom we share our world.

Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some We Eat is a highly entertaining and illuminating journey through the full spectrum of human–animal relations, based on Dr. Herzog’s groundbreaking research on animal rights activists, cockfighters, professional dog-show handlers, veterinary students, and biomedical researchers. Blending anthropology, behavioral economics, evolutionary psychology, and philosophy, Herzog carefully crafts a seamless narrative enriched with real-life anecdotes, scientific research, and his own sense of moral ambivalence."

So far an interesting read. Having grown up around farming folks I remember the first lesson was always "If you are going to eat it, don't name it."

Katniss~~
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2014, 06:17 AM   #2306
mythy

How Do You Identify?:
silly buggar
Relationship Status:
single

mythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputation
Default book

Am reading I am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes
mythy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:19 AM   #2307
mythy

How Do You Identify?:
silly buggar
Relationship Status:
single

mythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputationmythy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JD View Post
Just finished Peeps by Scott Westerfeld. If you like thinking about diseases, parasites, vectors and hosts, and combining all that with (yet another) theory on the origins of vampires, you'll like this book.

The fictional narrative is pretty gruesome, but even more gruesome (and fascinating) are the interspersed chapters that describe non-fictional parasites and the very real ways that the host's behavior changes to accommodate the parasite. Example: Rats infected with the parasite that causes toxoplasmosis become attracted to the smell of cat pee. They seek it out, increasing their chances of finding the cat it belongs to, and increasing the parasite's chances of getting into a cat's gut, which is the only place it can start its reproductive cycle. Nifty, huh?

All the real examples of the mechanisms of disease strengthen the story, and makes it seem that much more plausible... or at least really enjoyable. Highly recommended.
Buggar me thats bloody scary chuck
mythy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mythy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2014, 02:05 PM   #2308
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I started reading Wild by Cheryl Strayed

Its about a woman who, after a series of traumatic events, decides to hike the Pacific Crest Trail. I've read other memoirs where people do these things as a sort of sabbatical. Maybe that's why I'm drawn to the idea....

I SAY I just started reading it but I'm about 25% through already. One thing I do love about my job; it affords me a wonderful opportunity to read...
Old 10-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #2309
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Just started it! Looks so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
I started reading Wild by Cheryl Strayed

Its about a woman who, after a series of traumatic events, decides to hike the Pacific Crest Trail. I've read other memoirs where people do these things as a sort of sabbatical. Maybe that's why I'm drawn to the idea....

I SAY I just started reading it but I'm about 25% through already. One thing I do love about my job; it affords me a wonderful opportunity to read...

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #2310
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,450 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

HVAC #4 and is Greek to me..
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2014, 05:50 PM   #2311
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

After finishing The Paying Guest by Sara Waters (which I enjoyed very much btw) I picked up

This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper (Yes the movie out is based on this book). I am

almost 3/4 of the way thru this book and have no idea why I continue to read it
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:35 PM   #2312
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lesbian Romance

I am so happy my copy of The Blush Factor by Gun Brooke JUST arrived!

I'm sure it will be the equivalent of those heterosexual harlequin romance novels, but that is just the type of escapism I'm looking for now
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:40 PM   #2313
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default books

"After the Quake"

and "South Of The Border West Of The Sun"

both by Haruki Murakami

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:08 AM   #2314
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

my daughter let me borrow her copy of Gone Girl...

lets see if i have time to read it hahaha

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2014, 09:18 AM   #2315
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

"Who Pays for My Time Off? The Costs and Consequences of Government-Mandated Leave" by Carrie L. Lukas----- the joys of essays

but on a more "enjoyment reading" I'm reading my kitty death book "The Cat, the vagabond and the victim" by leann sweeny. looooove these books.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:43 PM   #2316
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Tonight I'm starting...

Made from Scratch: discovering the pleasures of a homemade life by Jenna Woginrich.

This is the same author as Barnheart and I love her writing. However, if she whines about being single in this book too... I won't buy another!!

Note about Wild...it was honest and endearing. The author bared her soul and its given me a lot to think about as far as my own motivators for wanting to hike the AT and MTS and now...despite the difficulties she wrote of..the PCT as well...its therapy...from the inside out. Bottom line...
Old 10-22-2014, 11:18 AM   #2317
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:13 PM   #2318
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up

jus' finished "be my eyes", by dustin stevens
and
"love is enough", by cindy rizzo

now readin':
"private down under", by james patterson
"mean little deaf queer, a memoir", by terry galloway
and
"blue horses", by mary oliver
Old 10-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #2319
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Because I forgot my current book at my new place....and cuz I feel nakie wirhout a book to read...

I'm reading... John Muir: Nature's Visionary by Gretel Ehrlich

The book gives (what seems to me) snippets vs complete views into the life of this exceptional man....but I'm learninga lot just the same...
Old 10-30-2014, 03:16 PM   #2320
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

10% Happier by Dan Harris

"After having a nationally televised panic attach on Good Morning America, Dan Harris knew he had to make some changes. After learning about research that suggests meditation can do everything from lower your blood pressure to essentially rewire your brain, Harris took a deep dive into the underreported world of CEOs, scientists, and even marines who are now using it for increased calm, focus, and happiness. "10% Happier" takes readers on a ride from the outer reaches of neuroscience to the inner sanctum of network news to the bizarre fringes of America's spiritual scene, and leaves them with a takeaway that could actually change their lives."

Only about half way through I'm enjoying this. He's a good storyteller.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading