Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #1041
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Dakarti, what are your thoughts on the unicycle (plus balancing wheels) that Kim's brother made?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #1042
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Dakarti, what are your thoughts on the unicycle (plus balancing wheels) that Kim's brother made?

I've seen a couple of such concepts over the years. It looks like great fun too. The fixed upright position would sure make the whole operation so much easier.

The Skatecycle looks fun in and of itself and I'd love a go but for myself I prefer the challenge and core workout of the rather more unstable one wheel.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #1043
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Pffft

Boys.

Today was an active day for sure! Dustmopping, sweeping, mopping, cleaning, dusting, and organizing. Oh, and supervising one of my supervisors.

Whew.

That nearly exhausted me by itself.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #1044
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
I look forward to the article if you can find it Dapper.

Ms.Sponsorliscious bought herself a fancy pair of quad skates last christmas and I know she's barely used them. Sadly she's rather larger of hoof than I so borrowing them is out.
We have an awesome Promenade here. Several miles of shared pathway by the sea. Can't think of a much better place to get yer skates (bike, unicycle, pedestrian) on. It's all that ozoney fresh air!

I am so jealous. oh wait, i live near the beach! tis not the Atlantic however.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #1045
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I read that roller skating (in a rink specifically I think, for some reason), is THE best exercise of all...when it comes to fat/muscle burning/calories/full body exercise, etc. I saw a recent article. I will look for it.
i thought it was cross country skiing

Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #1046
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
I've seen a couple of such concepts over the years. It looks like great fun too. The fixed upright position would sure make the whole operation so much easier.

The Skatecycle looks fun in and of itself and I'd love a go but for myself I prefer the challenge and core workout of the rather more unstable one wheel.
Yes, I guess I was thinking of it as a way to move towards using a unicycle.

Kim PMmed me and said she will get her brother's info.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:01 AM   #1047
Daktari

Quote:
Yes, I guess I was thinking of it as a way to move towards using a unicycle.

Kim PMmed me and said she will get her brother's info.
I don't think it's a case of moving towards using a unicycle. When you take the seat stabiliser away and the front stabilisers it's a vastly different story. Of course the ones in the videos aren't unicycles.

The way I started to learn on the uni, was in my hallway at home, holding onto walls, door jambs etc., just to get the feel of being unbalanced in every direction and learn how to sit in the seat. Seriously, learning to just let yourself relax into the banana seat is a skill in itself. I still can't mount the uni without holding onto something...I'm a wuss and can't quite let myself do a free-mount with the inherent risk of face-planting hard, or ripping the skin of yer shins if you have metal pegged pedals. ...although I do a free-mount when doing rola bola and that's really scary too.

Now we've moved into the shop and have space outside, I shall be practicing again the small 20in wheel (when time allows) with a view to moving onto the 24in wheel again. One day (when I've bought full shin pads and a bubble wrap suit ) I'm gonna learn that free-mount.

My 20 and 24

eta. ooops! sorry for the big pic.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #1048
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I've found it helpful to search online for workouts. Youtube has a variety of full length workouts....including tae bo I remember that one....

There's a site The Daily Burn that does different workouts also...

http://dailyburn.com/?s1
Old 11-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #1049
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I gotta say, this take a vid of what I'm doing might be one of the better ideas I've had for myself. This morning I turned on the phone and let it run while I did my morning stretches and caught several form issues. Stuff I wouldn't notice if turning my head to look in a mirror (don't have one anyway).

Kind of like having a detached observer across the room. I can then go to my chart that shows how X is supposed to look and see small stuff like a tipped pelvis or rounding of my shoulders part way through something.

I'm not self conscience because a) nobody is around, and b) I know I am the only one to see it and I can delete if I want to. I might transfer to the 'puter for future comparisons after practicing changes.

Today is a light day because I have appointments. So, morning stretches and I will work in a couple of rounds of my 'stations'. No beach walk or swim today.

Oh, I also blew through another pair of shoes yesterday. Thank god for Zappos, free replacements due to arrive today.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #1050
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
I'm not self conscience because a) nobody is around, and b) I know I am the only one to see it and I can delete if I want to. I might transfer to the 'puter for future comparisons after practicing changes.
I think you should post the videos.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #1051
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Mad at myself. Had a really stressful day at work. Almost started to look for a new job, probably won't but did contact the union. Anyway mad at self because I should have gone right to pool tonight to work it off. But came home to write some emails and watch Scandal. I guess watching Kerri Washington is as good as a swim. Lol
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #1052
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Mad at myself. Had a really stressful day at work. Almost started to look for a new job, probably won't but did contact the union. Anyway mad at self because I should have gone right to pool tonight to work it off. But came home to write some emails and watch Scandal. I guess watching Kerri Washington is as good as a swim. Lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #1053
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I think you should post the videos.

Yeah, you go 'head and wait. Frosty day in hell.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #1054
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,330 Times in 2,661 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Overheard in my kitchen

Pete: Baby, you have a nice ass.

Chancie: I work hard at that nice ass!

Pete: Well, it's working for me.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #1055
Happy_Go_Lucky

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Butch who desires femme company.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Handsome devil you.

Thanked 3,359 Times in 626 Posts
Happy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST Reputation
Default A great workout I had today.

Want to share with all.

Mulched and raked the leaves until the green grass thanked me. So pleased at my work the wind was, she decided to give it a good blow so I need to repeat tomorrow.

It's uphill both ways, it's good for me....blech
Happy_Go_Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Happy_Go_Lucky For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #1056
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

So, I switched up today (exercise wise, lol). Not sure I am getting this ok cupid thing but my date had too many errand to run so bombed out on me. That gave me more time to either stay in the gym and work out, or, go home and clean. I think I choose the right option. I exercised. I wanted to see if going back to the machines and weights would improve my swimming.

I did 45 minutes on the recumbent elliptical, worked out on the ab machines. rowing, hi abduction (?). I did free weights and sweated. I then went to swim a mile and noticed how much easier for me to go faster and with less stress on my body. I think I will do the machines at least once a week.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #1057
PwrFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married to HeelBilli

1 Highscore

PwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST ReputationPwrFemme Has the BEST Reputation

So, can't say I have had consistent daily exercise since I posted here. I walked once.

Today I am starting a 24 day challenge to tighter abs. I figure at least it's something and will start my brain thinking in the burn-the-fat-off way.

So today I did 6 crunches, 6 leg raises and a 10 second plank.

Think I'll take a pic so I can see if I notice any changes by day 24.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #1058
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Too cold to run. So half hour on the bike andhalf hour on the eliptical.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #1059
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
Too cold to run. So half hour on the bike andhalf hour on the eliptical.
The funny thing is, for me, I prefer to run in the cold. Once I get over that iced over lungs feeling, it works for me. I totally have no excuse now not to go and do a mile or two outside.

Maybe tonight.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #1060
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

It's my holiday break so I'm trying to get in some good gym time.

Today I did two hours on the Beast, 1 hr Hill Interval-Level 10, and the second hour Strength-Level 10. I watched Toddlers and Tiaras (Please don't send me hate mail ). It's a poorly put together show. I am watching it in a series but am skipping chunks because it's just not good. I thought it might be fascinating but to my surprise Dance Moms was much better, and Dance Moms was not very good.

Then I did an hour of weights, stretching, and floor exercises in blessed silence.

I calculated my exercise for the year of 2013, and it comes out to 5 hours per week.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights