How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,587 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

My parents are coming to visit today and I decided to make breakfast for lunch. Is that still considered brunch?

I'm trying a new recipe. It says it's called Southwest Casserole but other than the cilantro (which I'm leaving out) it just seems like a regular casserole to me.

Cross your fingers that it will be yummy!
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2019, 08:19 AM   #2302
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Breakfast

Mom and I made cinnamon toast with grape vitamin water to drink.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2019, 08:24 AM   #2303
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,088 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Bacon and eggs at a local diner.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2019, 09:44 AM   #2304
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Breakfast was delish, today

I miss having Albacore tuna, so last night I made up a small batch of what might pass for Albacore Tuna Salad.

I pan seared six Quorn Meatless Chik-N patties; then cut them up into tiny cubed pieces, then placed that into a mixing bowl. Then I added diced fresh organic celery, a splash of Sea Salt and Cracked Peppercorns. Then added my favorite sweet pickle relish and a big spoonful of organic vegan mayo (trader joes brand).

So I had two Wasa wafer crackers with a half cup of that 'Albacore Tuna Salad' stuff I made and I put it on top of a small bed of organic Power Greens.

Freshly finely ground Colombian roast (decaf) coffee, with coconut creamer and two tiny tabs of Stevia sweetener.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2019, 11:50 AM   #2305
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Since I just ate at 12:15 for the first time today, I suppose this could be called breakfast.

I nuked a frozen meal, vegan Pad Thai with 3 glasses of unsweetened soy milk. It was delicious but did not fill me up. I really needed two of the frozen meals but mid-week last week I ran out because of double-dipping. Stuck with the one Pad Thai today.

I am good with this vegan food. I am disappointed that most times, I feel like I need more than their frozen servings. Also, my Corn Pops cereal is fucked for good. I cheated with a cup of regular milk with Corn Pops ... well, actually did it more than once early on. I made a bowl of Corn Pops with regular milk yesterday and found I cannot stand the taste of regular milk anymore. Who could know????
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2019, 01:50 PM   #2306
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
Since I just ate at 12:15 for the first time today, I suppose this could be called breakfast.

I nuked a frozen meal, vegan Pad Thai with 3 glasses of unsweetened soy milk. It was delicious but did not fill me up. I really needed two of the frozen meals but mid-week last week I ran out because of double-dipping. Stuck with the one Pad Thai today.

I am good with this vegan food. I am disappointed that most times, I feel like I need more than their frozen servings. Also, my Corn Pops cereal is fucked for good. I cheated with a cup of regular milk with Corn Pops ... well, actually did it more than once early on. I made a bowl of Corn Pops with regular milk yesterday and found I cannot stand the taste of regular milk anymore. Who could know????
Hey RockOn, do you mind if I ask you a few questions concerning the post you shared about you having a hard time missing your favorite drink (milk)?

It sounds to me, based on having read many of your posts over in the 'dinner thread', that for your own personal reasons (health related or not), you are giving up milk. Are you giving up milk because your doctor has made this specific recommendation, due to the nature of your own health trajectory and concerns?

I ask, because in my case, I can't have milk due to being lactose intolerant and because I am pre-diabetic and because my own physician explained to me that milk and milk based products (cheese, cottage cheese, typical dairy yogurts, cream and cream-based creamers, ice cream, anything that is made from dairy products) are converted instantaneously into sugar, in the bloodstream. In order for me to NOT become diabetic, I have to stay away from dairy permanently. That, and it also makes me break out in rashes, which become open sores that don't heal fully and scars my skin and is hard for my body to recover from.

You mention that your milk replacement is soy based 'milk'. I have a heart condition, so I can't partake of soy products because soy based products interfere with my heart's ability to function properly. Plus, my doctor also said that soy based products mess up my hormone system, so that's another reason why I don't specifically partake of soy based products.

For me, specifically: I can't have Dairy products and I can't have Soy based products.

I wonder if partaking of coconut based products might be useful in your situation. I'm no doctor, but I replaced dairy products with coconut based products and while it's not the same as dairy products, at least there are less health related consequences by utilizing coconut products.

I would suggest that next time you see your physician, to maybe see what they have to say about your plan of instituting new food habits and see what type of suggestions your doctor comes up with. It might be as simple as incorporating more water into your daily dietary intake or incorporating more fiber based products into your daily diet, to address what you talk about -- the idea that you still feel hungry and possibly why you feel the need to drink 3 glasses of 'milk' a day or at each meal.

But at any rate, it sounds to me like you're trying to establish new habits, that will help you in the long term, and that is something you can feel good about, I imagine.

Don't give up. Keep up the good work on helping yourself to feel better!

---K.

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2019, 08:36 AM   #2307
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Breakfast

I had a picadillo taco with grape vitamin water to drink.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 10:27 AM   #2308
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Cottage cheese with chopped apple, salt, pepper, and a touch of allspice.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 12:25 PM   #2309
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Six giant size, homemade, snickerdoodle cookies. Emotional eating. Every time I think I've got nerves of steel something like this comes up and kicks me right in the gut.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 01:29 PM   #2310
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Mac and cheese and I'm only getting around to eating it now...

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2019, 09:35 PM   #2311
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

chilled cubes of baked sweet potato, with a handful of blueberries and organic coconut flakes (unsweetened) on top of a small bed of granola oats, with coconut creamer splashed on top of it all. Big glass of carrot juice. Small cup of freshly ground decaf coffee, with coconut creamer and a sprinkle of stevia.

_____ ______
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 02:59 AM   #2312
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know if almonds at 4 a.m. count as breakfast but there you go!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 04:57 AM   #2313
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I am starving and don't really have appropriate breakfast foods, so one of my nuked Amy's meals.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 06:19 AM   #2314
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Think i’ll pick up a cinnamon roll from Petersons to go with a cup of decaf.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2019, 02:17 PM   #2315
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Amy's enchiladas are so good and now I can find them in a family size pack. The family pack is not enough to feed any family of four or more I know, not even those made up entirely of skinny people. I guess you have to serve them along with other things, salad, some sort of fruit or something but really if given a choice who would choose that when instead you could just choose to have even more of their wonderful enchiladas!
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 03:49 PM   #2316
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default reply to Katzchen

Hey Lady,

Sorry I am just now responding to you.

I got a primary doctor back in April. Aside from several bulging discs, there is really nothing going on with me except my blood pressure is a little high and she wants better cholesterol numbers. I'm on meds for those now. Thinking it is a good thing because I used to fall off the bed of the truck bed sometimes when I would bend down, unload stuff. I would not realize I was a little dizzy and off balance until after I started to topple. She is vegan, only eats plant-based everything. The woman put me through a battery of tests ... just because I had not been keeping up, I had been neglecting my health is all. Heart, kidney, liver, lung, gyno and even had a colonoscopy. Everything was great! I turned 63 back in the summer and had been dodging that colonoscopy test for well over a decade. New doc and I had a big fight about the colonoscopy but I gave up and did it. I have come to realize I won't get to win with her. The struggle was wearing me out. Plus, I have turned over a new leaf. A close friend of well over two decades (she's in medical field) has been providing me lectures (yes, free lectures) for the past couple of years about what a bad patient I am. She is serious too. I cannot believe it. I had to promise her I will cooperate with doctors. This new primary doc is a petite woman doctor but I will tell you, she is ferocious. The colonoscopy doctor said the results could not have been any better. I do not have to have another colonoscopy for 10 years. YAY! That prep was violent!!! Pure violent!!!!

About the milk ... I was drinking way too much milk, it was helping jack up my choleterol ... so she hands me her personal vegan handout ... list of books, links to sites, food suggestions to get started. I thought to myself it was a crock. She really looked at me and said, "I promise you that you will feel better." She told me to go non-dairy too, which of course is vegan. Her milk replacement suggestions were Almond milk and Soy milk. I had to experiment with both sweetened and unsweetened versions of both. I do not miss my old regular milk at all now. I just gulp the soy unsweetened flavor like I used to do with the regular milk. I can drink all of that I want and will not ever be reprimanded. Sometimes when I think about it, I still find it unbelievable I gave up my milk and that I am okay with it.

I did file a complaint with her yesterday morning in a message via patient portal , told her I am starving to death on this vegan but intend to stick with it. Asked her to come up with some high protein vegan and tell me during next appt on SEP 17th because I was eating 2 nukeable vegan frozen dinners at a time and still became hungry again too fast ... and make sure it is nukable because in the kitchen, I do not do complicated. I could not believe new doc sent a message back (on the weekend even) said she couldn't believe I am starving to death, couldn't let that happen, to go buy some of these different kinds of rice packets ... then something about lentil soup and okay to mix brown rice in it. Lentil soup? WTF! It sounds watery to me but I am willing to try it. Sometimes I get this contempt prior investigation deal going on but I will deny having said that if it is ever mentioned. She was right, I do feel better on vegan. All of my insides(guts and everything) feel so much lighter. That is the only way I know how to describe it. She did mention to take a vitamin B12.

I have heard about coconut milk and other coconut products being very good but not tried them yet. I hope you can land on things that taste good.

Kachen, I am very sorry you are having to deal with lactose intolerancey, rashes and other difficulties which make you have to seek out other things to eat. I think one of the non-dairy cheese brands I now use has coconut listed as an ingredient. It is CHAOS cheese. The coconet is in one of the three flavors. It is good to me.

I don't like change has been some of my problem I believe. New doc said we will go over more foods on the 17th. After I get this list, I will share it with you. Perhaps (hopefully) there will be things on the list that you will enjoy, be good nutrition for you with no side effects and most importantly, will not be harmful to what you have to be particular about.

Best Wishes!
RockOn
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2019, 08:48 PM   #2317
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default Katzchen

I bought some more soy milk today. Then I saw a container of SILK UNSWEET COCONUT milk. Thought of you, bought it. Just tried a cup of it a little while ago. It is not bad at all. I think it is 2nd best, with my soy milk leading way out front.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2019, 01:08 PM   #2318
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I try to eat the bulk of my calories in the first part of the day, which gives me automatic Universal approval to eat a non-breakfasty breakfast. I had baked fries and two small Perdue chicken patties, an oj/pom juice blend and a wee bit of black cherry ice cream.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2019, 09:41 PM   #2319
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Cream of Wheat, with coconut cream, a dash of Cardamom and a sprinkle of Cinnamon, and sweetened with a titch of Stevia (half a packette). It was yummy. Hot Roiboos Tea to drink.

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2019, 05:57 AM   #2320
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Hard-boiled egg
Sharp cheddar cheese
Mocha Frappuccino
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:

Tags
breakfast