Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 07-21-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Politicians, Policies, Politics You LIKE!

A thread to acknowledge those politicians or policies that you agree with and/or you think will make (or are striving to make) changes for the betterment of your community, society, government or the world at large.

Here's my first pick: Alan Grayson (D-FL/8th District)

Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2010, 07:51 AM   #2
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
A thread to acknowledge those politicians or policies that you agree with and/or you think will make (or are striving to make) changes for the betterment of your community, society, government or the world at large.

Here's my first pick: Alan Grayson (D-FL/8th District)

He is, by far, the first on my list also!
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2010, 08:01 AM   #3
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

At the top of my list also, Senator Al Franken.

UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

One of the first things President Obama did in his administration was this!

(Clinton reversed it from Bush Sr., then Bush Jr. reinstated it, then Obama reversed it AGAIN!)

Obama reverses 'global gag rule' on family planning organisations

President Barack Obama today made the most contentious move of his young administration with an order, overturning a ban on federal funds to foreign family planning organisations that either offer abortions or provide information or counselling about abortion
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2010, 08:15 AM   #5
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Both for VA and for this country, Sen Mark Warner's record has been in my opinion one of the better examples of "good politics" available. A smart businessman and future minded in his approach to healthcare, energy savings/ alternatives and human rights, he would have had my vote hands down for President based on actual experience and his track record. He declined to run however. Glad he chose to stay in the Senate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Warner

http://www.bilerico.com/2009/10/virg...of_the_day.php

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/03/sen-...life-treatment
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2010, 08:40 AM   #6
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

While looking at "policies" we DO like, maybe take a moment and send your senators a note ( or phone call ) urging them to vote progressively on :

S.1102 Domestic Partnership Benefits and Obligations Act of 2009

S.1584 Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2009

S. 1675 Energy Development Program Implementation Act

S. 1686 The JUSTICE Act

S. 2821 a bill that would require new international trade agreements to contain conditions requiring partner countries to guarantee the right to form labor associations and collectively bargain, eliminate forced labor, end child labor, and outlaw employment discrimination.

S 424 Uniting American Families Act

There are more bills pending that need support, but these are a few I have chosen to focus support on right now.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

The United Nations on Monday accredited a major gay and lesbian organization that Egypt, Russia and others had tried to keep out as a group permitted to lobby at the world body. The International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission, a U.S.-based advocacy group, had applied for "consultative status" at the U.N. Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) three years ago.

linkyloo

Alan Grayson 2012 - So Conservative America Can See What A REAL Liberal Looks Like
Old 07-21-2010, 01:53 PM   #8
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
[I]

Alan Grayson 2012 - So Conservative America Can See What A REAL Liberal Looks Like
Love this!
Old 01-16-2024, 01:17 PM   #9
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Democrats in my home state (Oregon)

Gov Kotek is governor of our state and she is fearless, and strong in her moral and ethical values. For example: people mindlessly, during T——p’s occupation of the WH, voted for a cruel transportation policy that hurts several communities near bridges that have been set to become road toll robbersville. One community by a certain big bridge impacted harshly by this back-door trumpian policy appointed community reps to challenge this horrible venge filled idea and luckily they have almost put the kibbosh on municipal tolls on our roads and bridges. We don’t need to do that and I find it refreshing that a city dominated by trumpian voters is saying No Way to Tolled Highways and Bridges. Gov Kotek has blocked this horrible idea until 2026, which by then, hopefully that entire hate filled idea is extinguished.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2024, 05:24 PM   #10
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,346 Times in 2,667 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb no advice, please

I would have liked to vote for Elizabeth Warren for President. 🗳️
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post: