Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
Would Gladys be cruel?

Yes! That is a name you don't hear anymore. The only Gladys I can think of was the neighbor lady, character, in the TV series, "Bewitched." Mrs. Kravitz, Gladys Kravitz.

I can't remember what happened yesterday but I can remember this character's name. Funny how that goes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2011, 11:52 PM   #42
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorninthesofa View Post
I still remember one old headstone in a cemetary that had nothing else carved on it except the name "Bad Boy". Also, an obituary notice in my local paper stated someone's first name as being "Useless". I named one of my furkids "Number One", and when he hears the number one, he looks up lol!
Number One reminds me of Star Trek and Jean Luc Picard.

That's one hot bald guy.

Quote:
Would Gladys be cruel? I always liked the name Gladys
Yes, because it's unlikely that you'll be able to provide her with Pips, which IS the official Gladys requirement.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2011, 02:49 AM   #43
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Would Gladys be cruel? I always liked the name Gladys
Well, you can make her middle name Bee and change your last name to Nice. Or you can change your last name to Knight and she may pop out the Pips later lol!
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2011, 03:37 AM   #44
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Gemme;471925]This family stresses me out. I fear for the children.

Gemme, I really don't think that some people grasp the severity of this story . These parents must be mentally ill or not having a clue whatsoever about these names how deep in history it's damaging these kids .

I feel for the children . Not only they would be raised in hate , but not giving option to kids choose they lifestyle . I am not sure how much impact would be here on them , except being humiliated by they peers .

In Europe , just try to introduce yourself " Hello , I am Adolf Hitler , nice to meet you "

It's just beyond my mind and I do understand it's your choice to name your child , but come on . This is sick !!!
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vlasta For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #45
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasta View Post
Gemme, I really don't think that some people grasp the severity of this story . These parents must be mentally ill or not having a clue whatsoever about these names how deep in history it's damaging these kids .

I feel for the children . Not only they would be raised in hate , but not giving option to kids choose they lifestyle . I am not sure how much impact would be here on them , except being humiliated by they peers .

In Europe , just try to introduce yourself " Hello , I am Adolf Hitler , nice to meet you "

It's just beyond my mind and I do understand it's your choice to name your child , but come on . This is sick !!!
Sadly, I think they do (have a clue, that is). I think they are passing their personal beliefs down to their children, without any thought for the children's safety and emotional health.

If the boy had just been named Adolf, that's one thing. Adolph actually means 'noble wolf' or 'noble hero' and I could see how someone might like that for their child. Lines would still be drawn but they could wiggle out of using the origin of the name. Using the full name and then naming succeeding children equally horrific names just speaks volumes about these people.

Maybe they do have emotional and/or mental issues. I don't give a rat's patootie about them, though. It's the children I'm concerned about.

I definitely agree with you.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #46
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

The parents have lost custody of all four of their kids, including their newborn. I wonder if the state changed the kids' names or if they will have to grow up with them?

I think there should be some circumstances where you can get a free name change if your name is awful enough.

A spokeswoman for the New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services said she could not discuss individual cases but added: "We would never remove a child simply based on their name."

Some reports say there was violence in the home, while others say the agency does not reveal information on individual cases. The fact that the doctor alerted the agency of their latest child's birth - I just wonder how that works. Did the doctor see evidence of violence or drug use? Or did the doctor just happen to know these were the hitler parents? That part confuses me a bit. I did know somebody who had CPS show up at the birth of her child. She was a recovering meth addict and had had two children taken away from her due to her history. CPS didn't take the kid because the father was willing to take custody and had no prior record - and because the mom was clean through the pregnancy. (The father had total custody and regular CPS checkups anyway. The things you hear when you drive a big white cargo van - "I thought you were CPS!") But I still don't know how the hospital knows to notify CPS unless its somehow in the medical record.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl

Last edited by Nat; 11-24-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2012, 12:10 AM   #47
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

How's Matilda?

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
Old 03-14-2012, 02:33 AM   #48
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

I have a cousin named Whispering Dawn.

As for names being spelled the way they sound, which I think was mentioned earlier in the thread...two of my godchildren, brothers are unfortunate victims of this craze.

Krischun Jaymez (Christian James)
&
Jakub Ian (Jacob Ian)

I tried to talk her out of it but she just wouldnt listen, said she wanted the names to be different.

Thank god it wasnt a girl, in that case it would have been Diamond Tandy Renee. *shaking my head*
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2012, 02:40 AM   #49
WomenMoveMe

How Do You Identify?:
I just wander about and be!
Relationship Status:
Caution: Dead End

Thanked 2,101 Times in 417 Posts
WomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST Reputation

We've an inmate who suffers through life with the name, Esperanza143. Yes, she actually was named at birth, with all I can figure is, an internet handle.

The saddest part however, is I believe, Esperanza143, sorta translates to English to mean...Hope, and the 143 is a text code for I Love You. Soooo...best I can figure, her name is..."I hope I love you".
WomenMoveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WomenMoveMe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2012, 05:23 AM   #50
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

My sister was named Rose Royce, (she was named after a great-great aunt, but was taunted with "rolls" for most of school career and her peers didn't get the implicit cool of having the same name as a 70s disco queen) ... my sister did not hesitate to take her husband's surname when they married.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:33 AM   #51
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Cool story. Right away when I saw the name, I thought of "Wishing on a Star". Very cool song back in the day.

Thanks for sharing this!

Best,
Scorp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
My sister was named Rose Royce, (she was named after a great-great aunt, but was taunted with "rolls" for most of school career and her peers didn't get the implicit cool of having the same name as a 70s disco queen) ... my sister did not hesitate to take her husband's surname when they married.
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:37 AM   #52
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Hmmm, interesting. I wonder if Fonda was a distant cousin of Ben Dover... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Leonard View Post
Iowa high school basketball star of years ago-

Fonda Dix.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #53
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

a childhood classmate had an uncle named Miles Long....
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #54
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,863 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Okay, so I work in a hospital.

We had a patient once with the name Richard Head, and yes, he went/goes by "Dick"!!!

We now have a nephrologist (kidney doctor) named "Dr. Flood" and we once had a general surgeon by the name of "Dr. Slaughter".

My ex had a gynecologist in northern California, years ago, by the name of "Dr. Fillerup", and my first knee reconstructive surgeon's name was "Dr. Longnecker".

Go figger.

~Theo~
Old 03-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #55
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

I just remembered something too. My friend's GYN was named Dr. Pantilakis...

I'd call him Dr. Panties......
The Following User Says Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2016, 07:30 PM   #56
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Fondue - I think that would be a fun name

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl