Notices

Old 11-12-2019, 02:47 PM   #401
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~~

Pie perhaps?
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2019, 02:53 PM   #402
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~~~

Pie perhaps?
H, definitely
Lemon Meringue..
i would love to use Meyer Lemons..sigh

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2019, 04:04 PM   #403
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Roger Stone because he was just found guilty!

Boy what a different Roger Stone we saw today exiting the court house! Unlike flashing the piece sign like a cheap imitation of Nixon, pleads of being
innocent, and grandstanding by holding an impromptu news conference on the day he was charged and released, this Stone appeared subdued and certainly not in any mood to answer questions as he scurried off like a timid little mouse to his waiting vehicle!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2019, 09:32 PM   #404
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

My ex...

She has been way too quiet lately and hasn't said much to me.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2019, 12:28 AM   #405
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

dancing w friends ..the music
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2019, 12:41 AM   #406
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

These people on this tv show

They gotta be outta they minds to do what they do
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2019, 02:58 PM   #407
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

best friend coming over w pizza not sure i'm ready for it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2019, 04:44 PM   #408
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default I was reading news and now this young lady is on my mind.

A missing college student, Aniah Blanchard from Auburn Alabama. It has been a little over a month since she has been heard from. I keep hoping to read good news about her ... you know ... that she has been found and she is safe now. I cannot imagine how her family is coping ... feel so much for them.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2019, 07:45 PM   #409
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,119 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

My mom. It's been about six weeks since I have seen her (except for her visiting me for a few hours in the hospital with my sister). When I spoke to her on the phone yesterday, she seemed more cloudy and out of it than usual. She also sounded pretty worried about me. I don't know how to calm her on that account - I'm worried about my health too.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2019, 03:29 AM   #410
Silk

How Do You Identify?:
An American Bohemian Femme
Relationship Status:
Galahad bleeds black and orange and I'm proud to ride pillion.

Silk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST ReputationSilk Has the BEST Reputation

Several faces fill my thoughts at this time of year. Those of family and friends who are lost to the past are there not to make me grieve but rather to make me remember that I was blessed to share some time with them. My fur babies now beyond the bridge warm my heart with the generosity of unconditional love that they left here.
But all these cherished memories are blighted by the memory of the cold gaze of a particularly deceitful creature who wormed her way into our home a couple of years ago taking advantage of a family that sought to provide comfort to a stranger for Thanksgiving and delayed the stay with sob stories and con games for 45 days virtually holding us hostage and leaving only after draining my 85 year old mother’s bank account (unknown to me until the thug had moved out of the state) and “borrowed” several hundred dollars from me to make the move. The destruction of and theft of property, elder abuse - psychological, emotional and physical made the loss of a few thousand dollars a bargain to have this person vacate the property. Unfortunately the memory of that time has dimmed what was once a bright season for our family.
My beloved Galahad has worked minor miracles in helping all of us heal. She is a singular beacon of integrity, honesty, and honor and this year is lighter and brighter than the last and last year was a lifting of a veil.
So many faces ... angels some once human and some furry, one poison thorn, one perfect knight, friends, family, neighbors. I am blessed even with the thorn for it taught me to see more clearly.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:50 AM   #411
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default On my mind

My physical therapist, he has me at 70 % post surgery. I was thinking of a gift for him when we reach 100%. What to get a natural healer is a hard decision.

Our goals are that I can bowl again, work my land, climb a latter, and ride my bicycle again.
The bike is a throwback from my knee replacement but I really miss it.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2019, 02:08 AM   #412
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

My cousin, he died this weekend 3 yrs ago.

I was watching TV and a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving came on. It made me think of him and how he loved Charlie Brown when we were growning up. Wish I could have helped ya buddy but you couldn't/wouldn't help your self.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2019, 10:25 AM   #413
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

My niece because I can't wait to see her!!!!

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2019, 04:44 PM   #414
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

An ex of mine, who I am _certain_ has all of my missing Christmas tree ornaments.

- Prince
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 02:30 PM   #415
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation
Default Monkey Talk

I think it's safe to say..Me,again.

I'm finding peace of course in not only me but the whole f***ing world. Odd?,for my own sanity, yes.

Next..
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 05:42 PM   #416
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

My hunny..

Shes uber sick and I can't do anything to help seeing as its an ldr and I can't get up to see her yet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2020, 06:38 PM   #417
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

My bitch of an aunt. I had a dream about her last night - she had decided to raise cows in her basement, and for some reason I had to clean it all up. I've never had to clean her house and she has never raised cows, but for some weird reason this dream has kept popping up in my mind all day.

- Prince
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 09:31 AM   #418
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default On my mind

Friends, life with humans is interesting. Sometimes with friends you spend everyday together and then things change. Folks get married or have kids and life gets busy but you never stop loving each other and when the "pause" lets up there you are back together.

Interesting for sure.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2020, 02:13 PM   #419
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,085 Times in 8,588 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Woman plays violin mid-surgery to ensure doctors hadn't damaged brain

Dagmar Turner has been on my mind. Have been thinking about her after reading about her online.

Woman plays violin mid-surgery to ensure doctors hadn't damaged brain

LONDON, England – It’s like a scene straight out of “Grey’s Anatomy” – a patient at King’s College Hospital in London played the violin while surgeons removed a tumor from her brain.

The hospital says the unusual approach was taken to make sure that areas of Dagmar Turner’s brain that control delicate hand movement and coordination were not inadvertently damaged during the precise procedure.

The 53-year-old violinist was diagnosed in 2013 with a large, slow growing glioma after suffering a seizure during a symphony, according to the hospital.

Turner, who plays in Isle of Wight Symphony Orchestra and various choral societies, underwent biopsy and then radiotherapy with her local specialist to keep the tumor at bay, but the hospital says it became apparent in the fall that the mass had grown, and it needed to be removed.

“Dagmar’s tumor was located in the right frontal lobe of her brain, close to an area that controls the fine movement of her left hand,” wrote the hospital in a release. “Precise and skilled use of this hand is essential for playing the violin as the fingers regulate the length of the strings by holding them against the fingerboard, producing different pitches.”

A consultant neurosurgeon at the hospital, Professor Keyoumars Ashkan, discussed Turner’s options and the two ended up bonding over their mutual passion for music. After Turner explained concerns she had over losing the ability to play the violin, Ashkan and the neurosurgical team devised a plan.

Prior to the operation, they spent two hours carefully mapping her brain to identify areas that were active when she played the violin and those responsible for controlling language and movement. They also decided that they would wake Turner mid- procedure so she could play, ensuring the surgeons didn’t damage any crucial areas of the brain.

During the operation, the team performed a craniotomy and then took Turner off anesthetic, so she could play the violin while her tumor was removed. Meanwhile, she was closely monitored by the anesthetists and a therapist.

After the surgery, Ashkan said his team performs about 400 tumor removals each year at the hospital, but this was the first time he’s had a patient play the instrument during a procedure.

“We knew how important the violin is to Dagmar so it was vital that we preserved function in the delicate areas of her brain that allowed her to play,” said Ashkan. “We managed to remove over 90 percent of the tumor, including all the areas suspicious of aggressive activity, while retaining full function in her left hand.”

Turner later thanked the team for their work.

“The violin is my passion; I’ve been playing since I was 10 years old. The thought of losing my ability to play was heart-breaking but, being a musician himself, Prof Ashkan understood my concerns,” said Turner. “He and the team at King’s went out of their way to plan the operation – from mapping my brain to planning the position I needed to be in to play. Thanks to them I’m hoping to be back with my orchestra very soon.”

Three days after the procedure, the hospital says Turner was well enough to go home to her husband and 13-year-old son.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2020, 06:31 PM   #420
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

My mom. When we spoke on the phone, she sounded more relaxed and happy than usual. I think it's because she's currently in her own home and not at my sister's house. She loves my sister and her family, and she has her own suite there, but there are four other adults in that house. She prefers to keep more to herself most of the time. Also, my sister has cats - which are not allowed in my mom's suite - but my mom was a farm girl and has never quite been able to resign herself to the idea of animals in the house.

- Prince
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: