How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Oh I also started watching Shameless. It's one of my mother's favorite shows. It reminds me of an American version of Angela's Ashes. I just want to bash the father in the face the whole time. So I think I'll skip it lol

I tried Black Mirror. The first episode was amazing. The second not so much (IMHO) I May try the third to see if the momentum picks back up
Old 11-17-2016, 05:38 PM   #202
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know if it counts but I've been watching hoards of homesteading videos on YouTube. Some very cool stuff. One couple built their 800sqft cabin for 15k and live off grid on 11 acres. Very awesome. They have much knowledge.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:53 PM   #203
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Last night I attempted to watch Bag Man with John Cusack &, Robert De Niro. I ended up turning it off after roughly 45 minutes!

I then watched Trouble With The Curve which I enjoyed very much
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2016, 07:16 PM   #204
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post

I tried Black Mirror. The first episode was amazing. The second not so much (IMHO) I May try the third to see if the momentum picks back up
Try the 3rd season. I think it is much better than the first two.

My total favorite: “San Junipero" really, really, good, sweet and surprising

"Playtest" pretty good

“Shut Up and Dance” creepy but good

IMHO.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2016, 12:51 PM   #205
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Hellen Mirren always

Eye on the Sky-- (Great tech stuff)

Col. Katherine Powell, a military officer in command of an operation to capture terrorists
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:44 PM   #206
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

X Files baby! Loved the first 5 or so seasons...so happy to be revisiting some favorites and finding some I missed.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:40 PM   #207
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

A web series called Starting from Now. That counts as streaming, right?
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2016, 06:38 PM   #208
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

I remembered how much I loved the show Bomb Girls. It's done production I think. I just hope it ended well.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:15 PM   #209
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation
Default American Crime

I tend to watch shows in a pretty critical way and with some cynicism. i'm always looking for inconsistencies in the filiming, even shows i end up really getting into. I stay pretty detached.

American Crime is blowing my fuckin mind. i am almost through the 2nd season. Watching the first season took me forever (which is odd for me because i'm soooo a binge watcher these days). i kept getting so pissed off and aggravated and irritated and and and... (how much redundancy can y'all handle?) For probably the first 4 or 5 episodes every time i'd stop Netflix i kept telling myself i wasn't going to watch any more. But then i would....and get all worked up over it again. i was talking to the tv. me. Talking to the characters. So silly. But omFg.

This 2nd season is hitting even closer to home. i cried tonight. Over a tv show! And not my usual, "oh how sweet," 15 second choke-up. i cried.

i keep telling myself it's just a tv show. It's scripted and the actors are playing pretend. But this shit is happening for real. The only time i've had such strong reactions watching something have been during (and after) a few documentaries. i'm just so blown away by it.

Here's the wiki article on it
Old 11-22-2016, 05:02 AM   #210
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

I started watching the Walking Dead on Netflix. The first episode where he gets on a bike and rides home was so much like a recent dream I had. And yet I've never seen this show. Its crazy.

I'm not much for zombie stuff but it's a pretty good show.
Old 11-24-2016, 05:27 PM   #211
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Started a little slow in ep 1 but then captured my interest. Great actors!

An Amazon original series:

Goliath

A disgraced lawyer, now an ambulance chaser, gets a case that could bring him redemption or at least revenge on the firm which expelled him.

Creators: David E. Kelley, Jonathan Shapiro

Stars: Billy Bob Thornton, William Hurt, Maria Bello, Molly Parker

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2016, 04:45 AM   #212
Demure

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Ma'am or Oi
Relationship Status:
Single

Demure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST Reputation

Lucifer - gotta love the devil being bored!
Old 11-26-2016, 08:58 PM   #213
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Netflix and the series is called The Crown.

I mainly watch documentaries on Netflix but house of Cards and the crown are the 2 I actually sit and watch during the day.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2016, 09:08 PM   #214
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Daredevil on Netflix. (Only 1 episode left! but I can't stay awake long enough to sit through another whole episode tonight.)

I hope they will have a 3rd season.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2016, 09:20 PM   #215
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Netflix and the series is called The Crown.

I mainly watch documentaries on Netflix but house of Cards and the crown are the 2 I actually sit and watch during the day.

I loved the Crown. I've now moved on to The Reign. Its incredible to see Megan Follows playing such a strong role. The only thing that puts me off is the music. Its very modern.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:39 PM   #216
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Default New series on Netflix from Brazil, with subtitles. Very interesting.

3%

Netflix has given a series order to the futuristic drama series “3%,” which marks its first original production shot in Brazil.

The Portuguese-language series hails from Boutique Filmes and Cesar Charlone, whose credits include cinematography on 2002’s “City of God.” It’s targeted to begin production early next year and debut in Netflix territories worldwide later in the year.

The project is described as a thriller set in a world sharply divided between progress and devastation, where people are given the chance to make it to the “better side” but only 3% of the candidates succeed. Joao Miguel and Bianca Comparato star.

“Ultimately, the series questions the dynamics of society that imposes constant selection processes we all have to go through, whether we like it or not,” Charlone said. Exec producer Tiago Mello praised Netflix for moving local production. The streaming service launched in Brazil in 2011.

“Netflix(‘s) willingness to invest in Brazilian content, local talent and creative storytelling is key for our growth as a industry,” Mello said.

“We look forward to working with such an acclaimed team for our first Netflix original production entirely shot in Brazil,” said Erik Barmack, Netflix’s VP of independent and local content. “We are confident that this fascinating premise will be widely enjoyed by our members internationally.”

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/netf...ne-1201556793/

~Washington Post

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2016, 09:49 PM   #217
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
I loved the Crown. I've now moved on to The Reign. Its incredible to see Megan Follows playing such a strong role. The only thing that puts me off is the music. Its very modern.
I'm really enjoying The Crown. I might check out The Reign when I'm done with my current watching.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2016, 12:26 AM   #218
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

on Amazon Prime:

Taking Chance

Based on a true story: "Kevin Bacon stars as a military officer whose life is changed after taking an assignment to escort home the body of a 19-year-old Marine killed in Iraq in this profoundly moving HBO Films drama."

It was as they described it..."profoundly moving" and cause for reflection.

I may not always agree with war, but I will always respect and honor those who serve. So, I say to you Chance Phelps and to all those who have served and those who continue to

..Thank You For Your Service
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2016, 12:32 AM   #219
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I watched this a few months back. I agree, it is profoundly moving. I wish that all who serve/have served are treated with as much respect from their government and fellow citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazingboi View Post
on Amazon Prime:

Taking Chance

Based on a true story: "Kevin Bacon stars as a military officer whose life is changed after taking an assignment to escort home the body of a 19-year-old Marine killed in Iraq in this profoundly moving HBO Films drama."

It was as they described it..."profoundly moving" and cause for reflection.

I may not always agree with war, but I will always respect and honor those who serve. So, I say to you Chance Phelps and to all those who have served and those who continue to

..Thank You For Your Service
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2016, 09:25 AM   #220
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

miss fishers murder mysteries

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote