Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
unmistakably
Preferred Pronoun?:
dearheart
Relationship Status:
In love, loved and Happy, thanks for askin'

Thanked 3,383 Times in 931 Posts
Nina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST Reputation
Default savings

one of my (many) Things is finding the best savings when I retail shop...it's not my first choice: retail, but sometimes I *need* to give in...I play a games with myself (not By myself) ;>...I try to get in and out without a total meltdown...not cause any injury to fellow shoppers....not get Banned, you know the regular shopping goals.... but all that is a total tangent even for me...

my point:

savings...using sales, and coupons, what ever else one can do/use to get the best price...a few weeks ago I had to go to a chain sewing/craft store...my least favorite place, but they had something I needed...I had coupons...2 50% off, 2 40% off and one from the store at 40% off...the thing I needed was on sale, normally $14.95 a yard (you see why I hate retail)---I use it inside my lap top bags and messenger bags, it's a foam kind of thing (yeah, I got it tmi)...it was on sale for $9.00 a yard, and I bought it all so it qualified as One item, in the end I got it for half that price and walked away with a steal, and a big supply of the stuff...everything else I got was either on sale, or I used a coupon and, in the end, I saved : $97.40...pretty good, eh? :)

of course the winning recipt is when one has saved more than spent...

the thing is to buy only things you actually want, or use...not to get sucked into the store's sale on things you don't want but which the store is pushing...

I have some good clothing sales stories...

on the other hand, when I want something, I often get it--period....this year I wanted leather boots, knee high and above...I've gotten quite a number, and paid a pretty penny...I have free overnight shipping from a site which begins with a 'z' and they played me good---I shell out hundreds of dollars, but I am sated the next morning so I have just the right amount of building anticipation 'till I am satisfied ;)...and, in my own special mind, I feel like if I 'save' money on my bargains, it is fair to overspend on other things...

what can I say?---it's exhausting being me...

what are your best buys?...do you have tricks to win the recipt contest?...do you play?...I always use the frequent buyer cards, or any other store savings...when I use store cards I get ones which don't have my name or any information about them so the store can't use me in their product tracking...did you know that a coupon can't legally expire, even if it says it does, they have to honor it---at least that's My story and I stick by it, and it works !!

OH---another good way to save is to see if the store has mis-marked an item...they really Do, by law, have to sell it at the lowest price, even if it's their mistake...

if your eyes aren't bleeding from reading all this babbling, I 'd love to know your savings stories...

cheers

neen
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I never pay retail prices. My brother works as a buyer/int. designer for a major retail store. Plus with all of his contacts, he gets so much for next to nothing. If I need something or am working on a project for Church, he is the one who I contact.

There are times when I do need something asap, but I still use coupons or buy online. I get everything with free shipping. I have not paid for shipping in years.

I have a rule to only buy what I need. If I don't wear something in 6 months, it goes to St. Vincent de Paul's. Now Rosie is a different story all together.

Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:00 AM   #3
casey35

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
a she
Relationship Status:
finding my way ,

casey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputationcasey35 Has the BEST Reputation
Default savings

ok i am a shopping freak, but i do well in savings, i tend to go to goodwill and buy things that u can change the looks with different items. I will not pay full price for anything unless i have to have to have it. That is never unless it a pair of high heels.