Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-29-2019, 05:46 PM   #141
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Memoirs of a Literary Forger by Lee Israel

The movie Can You Ever Forgive Me was based loosely on this book..

After enjoying this book so very much I read Estee Lauder Beyond the Magic and Miss Tallula Bankhead but neither were nearly as enjoyable sad to say!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:13 PM   #142
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default IF it ever arrives.......

I will be reading Gentleman Jack: The Real Anne Lister The Official Companion to the BBC Series by Wainwright, Sally.

I guess I didn't realize it was coming from across the pond when I ordered it.
Old 05-17-2019, 04:43 PM   #143
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

I've been reading quite a bit lately, although I am not quite sure where I am finding the time.. lol..
Just finished.. Love Match by Ali Vali.. it was an okay read, entertaining but Ill probably forget it in about a week
Beauty and the Bitch by Shawna Hunter .. excellent read, had me smiling and laughing out loud a few times.. recommend..
Smoke and Water by ORIGIN authors, highly recommended. This one I will not forget for a long while.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:55 PM   #144
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

I will be reading Gentleman Jack: The Real Anne Lister The Official Companion to the BBC Series by Wainwright, Sally.

I guess I didn't realize it was coming from across the pond when I ordered it.

It F I N A L L Y arrived and it was wonderful.......

The books goes into more details about the various affairs she carried on and some shall we say "one night stands" which she had more than her fair share of.. yup Anne got around! The book explains how the diaries were almost NOT published and who found them. If you're enjoying the series, I think you'll enjoy this companion piece.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2019, 05:08 PM   #145
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

With yesterday being the 75 anniversary of D Day, I thought to read something from the history section and I chose 'The Tattooist of Auschwitz' author Heather Morris. Based on one man's account from the time - being a Slovakian Jew and forcibly taken to concentration camps in Auschwitz-Birkenau. Although it was a very hard book to read - it is also a testament to the endurance of love and humanity under the darkest possible conditions. Not for the faint of heart, but highly recommended. Comparable intensity to the 'Pianist'
Old 06-14-2019, 06:16 AM   #146
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default John Waters.

Mr Know It All

I've always been a fan of Waters the man but Waters the movie director and his movies not so much!

This book is typical John Waters the man's outlook on life, love, death, and even some very interesting advice for those "would be movie makers"! Who knew securing the music used in movie soundtracks was so freaking

E X P E N S I V E ...
Old 08-19-2019, 06:15 PM   #147
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Shakespeare Requirement (2018) by Julie Schumacher ....

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune keep hitting beleaguered English professor Jason Fitger right between the eyes in this hilarious and eagerly awaited sequel to the cult classic of anhedonic academe, the Thurber Prize-winning Dear Committee Members.

Now is the fall of his discontent, as Jason Fitger, newly appointed chair of the English Department of Payne University, takes arms against a sea of troubles, personal and institutional. The fearsome department secretary Fran clearly runs the show (when not taking in rescue parrots and dogs) and holds plenty of secrets she's not sharing. The lavishly funded Econ Department keeps siphoning off English's meager resources and has taken aim at its remaining office space. And Fitger's attempt to get a mossbacked and antediluvian Shakespeare scholar to retire backfires spectacularly when the press concludes that the Bard is being kicked to the curricular curb.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:42 AM   #148
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Landslide: The Unmaking of the President, 1984-1988 by Jane Mayer and Doyle McManus.

Several weeks ago, Rachel Maddow made mention of this book, when she made a correlation between Attorney General Edwin Meese (who Trump had just awarded some award to that day) and Attorney General Barr, so needless to say my curiosity was piqued! I haven't read much, but so far it's been very informative.

Sidebar: Jane Meyer is also a co-author of the book Strange Justice: The Selling of Clarence Thomas which is very interesting reading.
Old 11-30-2019, 02:28 AM   #149
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

One Walk In Winter Georgia Beers..

Pure lesbian fluff romance reading and just what I'm in the mood for at the moment
Old 12-24-2019, 10:02 PM   #150
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I know for sure Santa is bringing me at least two books! I'll report back as soon as the gifts are opened......
Old 01-08-2020, 08:51 AM   #151
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I know for sure Santa is bringing me at least two books! I'll report back as soon as the gifts are opened......
Indeed I did receive two books! Well 1 actually and the other is coming Feb 4th!

I Heard You Paint Houses by Charles Brandt which chronicles the life of Frank Sheeran, an alleged mafia hitman who confesses the crimes he committed working for the Bufalino crime family and which the movie The Irishman is based on.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:01 AM   #152
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default My Autobiography of Carson McCullers.....

by Jenn Shapland released Feb 4th

While working as an intern in the archives at the Harry Ransom Center, Shapland encounters the love letters of Carson McCullers and a woman named Annemarie—letters that are tender, intimate, and unabashed in their feelings. Shapland recognizes herself in the letters’ language—but does not see McCullers as history has portrayed her.

And so, Shapland is compelled to undertake a recovery of the full narrative and language of McCullers’s life: she wades through the therapy transcripts; she stays at McCullers’s childhood home, researches McCullers’s days at beloved Yaddo.

As Shapland reckons with the expanding and collapsing distance between her and McCullers, she sees how McCullers’s story has become a way to articulate something about herself. The results reveal something entirely new not only about this one remarkable, walleyed life, but about the way we tell queer love stories.

I had first seen this book mentioned in Oprah Magazine and can't wait to read it.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:16 PM   #153
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~
I just came across an article about a book being released on January 20th titled Gentleman Jack: A biography of Anne Lister, Regency Landowner, Seducer, and Secret Diarist. Not sure if I'll be ordering it or not.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:06 AM   #154
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
~~
I just came across an article about a book being released on January 20th titled Gentleman Jack: A biography of Anne Lister, Regency Landowner, Seducer, and Secret Diarist. Not sure if I'll be ordering it or not.
Update: I did not order it!
Old 02-23-2020, 08:07 AM   #155
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
by Jenn Shapland released Feb 4th

While working as an intern in the archives at the Harry Ransom Center, Shapland encounters the love letters of Carson McCullers and a woman named Annemarie—letters that are tender, intimate, and unabashed in their feelings. Shapland recognizes herself in the letters’ language—but does not see McCullers as history has portrayed her.

And so, Shapland is compelled to undertake a recovery of the full narrative and language of McCullers’s life: she wades through the therapy transcripts; she stays at McCullers’s childhood home, researches McCullers’s days at beloved Yaddo.

As Shapland reckons with the expanding and collapsing distance between her and McCullers, she sees how McCullers’s story has become a way to articulate something about herself. The results reveal something entirely new not only about this one remarkable, walleyed life, but about the way we tell queer love stories.

I had first seen this book mentioned in Oprah Magazine and can't wait to read it.
I got it, I read it, I liked it.....
Old 02-23-2020, 08:14 AM   #156
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Longing for Less: Living with Minimalism – by Kyle Chayka

It's not so much of a "how to" manual but more of an in-depth & history look at minimalism I would say.

I first saw it mentioned in The Week magazine Feb 9th issue.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:19 AM   #157
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Dark Towers: Deutsche Bank, Donald Trump, and an Epic Trail of Destruction
Enrich, David

After hearing Rachael Maddow go on and on about this book and seeing her interview with the author last week, I decided to order this book earlier this morning!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2020, 10:09 AM   #158
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Pure lesbian fluff.........

First Edition Romance: A Garriety Romance by Shannon M Harris

Ainslon O’Neil is co-owner of Turn the Page, the most popular children’s and comic bookstore in Garriety. Her life revolves around her business and family. Romance is far from her mind, until one day Lauren Millán, owner of C & C, walks into her store and commissions Ainslon to find a first edition of Mary Poppins.

A book about books, chocolate, and a budding romance between two women.It just arrived yesterday late afternoon but I'm already 100 pages in!
Old 03-18-2020, 10:29 AM   #159
randomnotes

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

randomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
First Edition Romance: A Garriety Romance by Shannon M Harris

Ainslon O’Neil is co-owner of Turn the Page, the most popular children’s and comic bookstore in Garriety. Her life revolves around her business and family. Romance is far from her mind, until one day Lauren Millán, owner of C & C, walks into her store and commissions Ainslon to find a first edition of Mary Poppins.

A book about books, chocolate, and a budding romance between two women.It just arrived yesterday late afternoon but I'm already 100 pages in!

I’m going to check this out. Sounds good! Also if you have any other good lesbian romances to recommend (especially butch/femme ones) please let me know.
randomnotes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to randomnotes For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2020, 11:18 AM   #160
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney

The inspiration and titular character of Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk is modeled after real-life ad copywriter and poet, Margaret Fishback. Lillian Boxfish author Kathleen Rooney offers us a fascinating glimpse of a woman who was far ahead of her time, taking to print to declare that she didn't need a husband to support her. Starting out as a school teacher, Fishback took on a job at the lower rungs of copywriting at the prestigious department store R. H. Macy's (today referred to simply as Macy's) but quickly rose through the ranks, eventually becoming chief copywriter. She was a highly paid woman in the advertising world of the 1930s, a time when the Great Depression firmly had its grip over the United States.

It just arrived yesterday, so hopefully I'll start it soon!