Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 04-01-2019, 07:55 PM   #4341
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Well, it's the first day of a new month...the first Monday of a new month...the first time I've been in the gym in one week less than 5 months. No joke on this Fool's Day!

Elliptical: 281 cal, 1.76 mi, 30:00 min

Granted the elliptical was completely kissing my hiney and I doubt I burned more than 150 calories total but it was nice to get back into the groove of things again.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 10:48 AM   #4342
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Last night, I went to the gym after work.

Elliptical again: 271 cal, 1.54 miles, 30 min.

This morning, back again. It's National Walking Day, so I walked on the treadmill even though I kind of hate it. I have to jack the incline up crazy high to minimize the compaction of my lower vertebrae. It didn't work very well and stiffens the heck out of my back but it's nice to do something different.

Treadmill: 177 cal, 1.11 mi, 30 min

Tomorrow, I might play with the weights. We'll see. I'm going to go to the gym almost every day this month to build up my gym habit again and to encourage myself to eat a little better as I typically do when I'm regularly active.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 11:29 AM   #4343
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,127 Times in 3,009 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

A good brisk walk with the 100 lb dog pulling me at a fast pace. Will probably hop on the rowing machine later to top it off.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 02:16 PM   #4344
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Day 4: elliptical warm up-167 cal, 1.03 mi, 18 min-followed by some light weight training. My old body isn't used to doing this every day so I'm a little tired. I'll adjust soon, though.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:38 PM   #4345
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I got my workout in after work and it was a good one. I'm happy about that.

Elliptical: 288 cal, 2.03 mi, 30 min

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:52 PM   #4346
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today was 30 minutes on the stairmaster. Pattern:

Levels 9 down to 1, 2 minutes each, 1 set.
Level 9 down to 1, 30 seconds each, 2 sets.
Level 1 cool down, 3 minutes.

I've been sick for like a week. BB was/is sick, and I caught her cold. I went to my ENT on Thursday and started taking Augmentin (antibiotic) and Prednisone (steroid) for a sinus infection.

I never know whether to go to the gym when I'm sick, but I went ahead today, and it went okay. I was definitely more tired and sputtering and such but it wasn't the worst. I really hate being sick.

I hung out with my 80 year old friend, Miriam. I have really come to adore her. I had a pang of fear of losing her one day since she is a lot older than me. However, she takes jazz classes every day and performs as a singer and dancer herself so... she doesn't seem to be leaving this earth anytime soon!

I'm really not looking forward to going to work and being sick this week, so I'll have to see whether the gym is part of that equation. Work may be tiring enough. I have 9 work days until spring break

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2019, 07:03 PM   #4347
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

April 6--this was a really good workout! I even extended it a wee bit. 330 cal, 2.14 mi, 35 min

April 7-it was okay today. I'm starting to get into the watching something while on the machine thing. I know it's counterproductive because I'm zoning out and not concentrating on what I'm doing so my body is not benefitting as much as it could but I don't mind for now. I'm just trying to get to the point where I look forward to some kind of intentional movement every day and will build better workouts after it feels natural and the habit is formed.

287 cal, 1.94 mi, 30 min.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:00 AM   #4348
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

April 8. I found myself starting to talk myself out of going to the gym but I nipped that in the bud. My whole purpose of doing this every day is to build up the habit of going; to make me want to go naturally, so I couldn't bail on the second week!

Having said that, there are days this month that I won't be able to go as the hours I have available don't match up with the hours the gym is open so I anticipated doing my 30 minutes of intentional movement at home by walking or working in the house and so on. I couldn't do that on the 8th as the weather was not cooperating and a walk would have been miserable and cut short so I sucked it up and went and it was okay. Getting inside the gym is the challenge. Once I'm there, I'm good and want to work out.

April 8-292 cal, 2.01 mi, 30 min

Yesterday, it also rained during my gym time. I got hooked into watching Passengers. I've already seen it but I like it and there was nothing else I was interested in watching so I found myself ending and then restarting my workout routine because the earbuds won't work if the machines aren't in use. Sneaky!

April 9-318 cal, 1.84 mi, 35 min for the initial workout then 133 cal, .77 mi, 15 min for the remaining workout so I could see the end because that's the best part of the movie.

I'm doing the bulk of my workouts on the ellipticals and these were no different.

nyc, I hate being sick! I think the rule of thumb is that if you have a fever and/or are not able to keep things down/in (either via the mouth or tush), stay home from the gym (and probably work). Sometimes I feel better after I go to the gym and I'm sick, like my body is thanking me for trying to do something helpful for it. Just take it easy. Doing your normal workout could put additional stress on your body and backfire.

I used to get sick all the time and I actually pinpointed that it was the gym so I became religious about wiping down each machine and weight, etc BEFORE I used it. Afterwards too, of course, but after people watching, I realized that few actually wipe the machines down the way I do so I took it into my own hands and once I started to do that, my illnesses dropped significantly. We both work with the public, so you're screwed there unless you constantly hand sanitize yourself and, of course, it's hard when you have someone home that is sick. You can't get away from it!

I've been lucky this winter...*knock on wood*...and I think it's because I've take a dose of Airborne every single day this whole winter. I did that because I got sick twice in September and October and they got me pretty good and that was twice as sick as I normally get so I decided to boost my immune system and nip this sickness stuff in the bud. I can't promise it will work for everyone and it costs roughly a buck a day to do so but it's worked for me and I'll continue to do it each winter that I can. I don't do flu shots so I have to find something to help and this has worked for me.

I hope you feel better soon!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:06 PM   #4349
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I took a walk with a stranger who I met on Facebook named Beck. They ended up being super cool! We'd texted a bit a few years ago and then I'd ghosted them because they said they were allergic to cats and that freaked me out. So today I just randomly texted Beck if they wanted to go for a walk, and they said yes! And we ended up having a GREAT walk. We walked along the river for several hours (20K steps). The weather was so lovely and spring-like finally. And I'm pretty much over my nasty cold, thank goodness. Beck was easy to talk to, and I look forward to more walks together.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2019, 06:35 AM   #4350
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Today I took a walk with a stranger who I met on Facebook named Beck. They ended up being super cool! We'd texted a bit a few years ago and then I'd ghosted them because they said they were allergic to cats and that freaked me out. So today I just randomly texted Beck if they wanted to go for a walk, and they said yes! And we ended up having a GREAT walk. We walked along the river for several hours (20K steps). The weather was so lovely and spring-like finally. And I'm pretty much over my nasty cold, thank goodness. Beck was easy to talk to, and I look forward to more walks together.
Excellent! Better health and a new walking buddy! No need to worry about folks allergic to cats. As long as they don't go home with you, it should be fine.

Catch up!

April 10. I spent somewhere between half an hour and an hour going through boxes and moving and hauling stuff around.

April 11. Elliptical, 270 cal, 1.58 mi, 30 min

April 12. 30 min walk.

April 13. 60 min walk.

Today is more going through my garage and boxes and reorganizing and decluttering. It'll likely last several hours most of the day so it will be a slower calorie burn but a longer one overall.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:23 PM   #4351
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I did 35 minutes on the stairmaster (my favorite).

Pattern:
Levels 9 down to 1, 2 minutes each level.
Levels 9 down to 1, 30 seconds each level.
Levels 1 extended cool down.

It was awesome! I'm still straggling along not being totally done with my cold but I'm so much better.

I ran into the anorexic in the locker room. Her nickname is Lala, prounounced "La la", and I took the plunge and yelled it out! I complimented her hair which she had just styled. She has long, black, beautiful hair. Then I complimented her stacks of bracelets. I showed her my minion backpack (like a 1st grader!) and she said, yeah, she's seen it- I mean... I wear it all the time! I showed her my hello kitty purse and she nodded along, but I think she's probably seen that too. I lavished affection and made an ass of myself.

Wishing all some good exercise this week

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2019, 05:45 PM   #4352
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I did 35 minutes on the stairmaster. Levels 9 down to 1, various patterns, ranging from 2 minutes each level to 15 seconds each level. I'm still getting over the cold so a bit asthmatic but not too bad.

I ran into La la but she was on her way out so she just called out "Hi Jennifer!" I'll take it! Although I would have preferred more of a conversation.

I watched a Youtube video while stair stepping about the West Borough Baptist Church debating a Satanist. That sounds interesting, but somehow it was boring as all get-out!

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2019, 05:35 PM   #4353
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default 90

So...90 minutes as follows:
15 minutes EASY
2 x 1 mile at TEMPO pace with 1 minute recovery between reps
Complete the remainder of the run at an EASY pace

Doing this time run...not in love with tempo runs but they're
necessary...tomorrow looking forward to my regular 1.5hr run...
using time now preparing for using only time as my pacer in the
Fall.

keep on keepin' on friends, Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2019, 09:13 PM   #4354
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

All day long at work, I walked more than ordinary, and I even got in a few extra trips up and down the stairs, which the stairs were hand poured and moulded with marble stones and they're awkward to climb or descend, but I'm getting better at going up and down the stairs. Plus, the stairs are actually making my legs more than shapely. My calves are getting to big from all this going up and down the stairs, so I might have to find a way to exercise other parts of my body (maybe).

I guess it is kind of a good sign that the stairs, even as hard on me as they are, are becoming the staple of exercise that helps me to break into a sweat, although I wish it didn't do that to me. LOL, I know it sounds like I'm complaining, but I am not. I guess I am more annoyed than anything, but super glad I am mastering the stairs.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2019, 08:20 PM   #4355
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I'm finally well after 3 weeks (literally!) of being sick with a bad cold, sinus infection (etc.).

Stats: 1 hr 25 minutes at the gym (50 minutes stairmaster; 35 minutes weight floor)

So I went back to the gym today (Monday). It is SO hard to go back when out of the habit! Of course, as soon as I arrived, I felt exhausted. But I just went ahead. Because I'm on spring break for this whole week, I can go at times when the gym is not crowded. I went to my favorite stair master (Yes!) and ran into Taylor on her way out. She was excited to see me. She smiled and was like, "Jen!" She came over to me, as I had not yet climbed up on the stair master. We did the traditional "how are you - good" exchange that takes about 20 seconds, and we were poised to say goodbye but then she made a face and added, "I'm having some boy problems." I became quite curious and really wanted the issue in less than 30 seconds but clearly she wanted to really get into it. Oy vey. She said that she'd get on the elliptical for a bit while I started on the stairmaster and we could talk. I have been into a routine on the stairmaster where I start at Level 9, so the idea of discussing anyone's problems of any kind while exerting myself at that intensity was like... "Are you f-ing kidding me?" But... I was trapped. So I was like, "Sure, sounds good." I just had to go with it! So we both started doing our thing, and she told me about her problems. She has been seeing this man (I already knew about) named Joseph and he might take a job in the Netherlands (He's some kind of high powered business man or something.). I remember she had been thinking about whether she'd go with him if he offered to marry her. However, she's also still involved with Ross, the billionaire, for whom she works full-time as his house manager. He's about 35 years older than her. She told me that she'd rather be with Ross because he's her "soulmate" (insert a tremendous eye roll here). However, Ross said that he cannot promise that he will marry her when he finishes his divorce. Ross seems to be making somewhat of a play for Taylor now hearing that she might run off with Joseph. Ross said, "You'd abandon me like that?" Taylor is now somehow convinced that the reason Ross can't promise he'd marry her is only because he's not done with the divorce yet. I asked Taylor what she was going to do. And she said, "Just go with where God leads me." Oy vey. She asked if I had any advice. At this point I was six minutes into my workout and could barely talk let alone pontificate like Dr. Phil so I somehow eeked out, "I need some time to think about it." Then she went on her merry way. Joseph is the one who ghosted her a few times, once because she left her toothbrush overnight with him and didn't ask first (insert another eye roll). Let's see what God has in store . . .

So I ended up doing 50 minutes on the stairmaster (Go, Jen!). The pattern I did was:

Levels 9 down to 1, two minutes each level.
Levels 9 down to 1, one minute each level.
Levels 9 down to 1, 30 seconds each level.
Levels 9 down to 1, 15 seconds each level.
Cool down: Level 1.

My heart rate was generally in the 160's (which is high) and the 150s while cooling down. Basically it was brutal, but not impossible. I watched Judge Judy when my conversation with Taylor was over.

Then I did 35 minutes on the weight floor.

I did have a small amount of asthma throughout this grueling workout but nothing too concerning.

I'm hoping to get a ton of good workouts and exercise in over my spring break. My health was very bad while sick. I was sloth-ing around and eating junk food. Basically just trying to make it through the work day.

My friend wrote to me and asked if I wanted to go out on Friday night with a group of friends, and I texted back: no, but if you want to go on a walk, just let me know.

A body in motion stays in motion.

Love to anyone who took the time to read this!

How do I... ?
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2019, 06:51 AM   #4356
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,127 Times in 3,009 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I biked to work today and will bike home. I'd go on an extra ride after work to make it longer but I have a meeting at 6 that I need to drive to.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2019, 02:44 PM   #4357
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday morning run 1hr 45mins EASY run...good to simply enjoy a quiet morning...

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2019, 08:30 PM   #4358
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post

Easter Sunday morning run 1hr 45mins EASY run...good to simply enjoy a quiet morning...

I've got mad respect for you, Greco.

I've never met a single run in my entire life that I've known as 'easy'.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:53 PM   #4359
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default g

Love your sense of humor Gemme...

Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

I've never met a single run in my entire life that I've known as 'easy'.

The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2019, 01:59 PM   #4360
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default t

So...will be using the outdoor 400 meter track with a group evenings.
Now, I don't care for group runs, yes like to run alone in early mornings...
but, I want to do speed workouts and more intense tempo runs so I suppose
working out with other folks will be productive...but in the evening...damn.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights