Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Parenting

Parenting This area is for discussing parenting, adoption and anything related to raising our kids!

Old 03-30-2014, 03:52 PM   #121
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Gay, lesbian, femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I, you, she

Thanked 12,017 Times in 1,997 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I have always been told I'm great with kids. My nieces and nephews are very fond of me. But I had a terrible experience with my partner's son in my last relationship. He really didn't want me in the house. I don't think it was even personal.

Now she is quite possibly dying, and her sister and mother have both said they won't take the kid (I guess because he's been giving them such a hard time, in many of the same ways he did with me—I really don't know. I'm out of the loop but get news from someone).

A friend of my ex's is taking care of her kid at the moment, and hopefully that friend will adopt him when the time comes.

The whole thing though scared me off kids. I won't even consider dating someone with a kid. No way.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:20 AM   #122
ReadandSnapFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

ReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm new here, and like many single parents, never thought I would end up in this boat alone. So now, as a single mom to 2 children under 5... I've realized as I venture out into the dating world... that it's much, much harder.

Now, no longer do I just have myself to think about... but 2 small children as well. This thread has been an eye opener on many things... I thank you all.
ReadandSnapFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ReadandSnapFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2018, 09:39 AM   #123
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
bachelor

Thanked 18,220 Times in 5,158 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Kids

This is a great thread.

As a young buck I never wanted kids but then real life experiences changed my mind. I have helped raise the children of my partners and found it to be very rewarding. I learned that my heart is bigger than I thought.

One day I walked into a situation where my best friend needed a help raising his kids. That day made me a dad. I still have my boys even though I lost my best friend.

Being a parent and even a coparent is a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it.

For the single femnes out there I wish you all the best experieces. There are good butches that can complete your family.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2018, 10:49 AM   #124
ReadandSnapFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

ReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Chad,

This gives me hope! From what I am seeing out here, not many want to date those of us with children (especially not small children like mine). I think people worry about custody or being the "other" person in the lives... whereas with mine, I have sole legal and physical. There is no "other" person out there. I also have my children thanks to medical science and a sperm bank, so I wasn't "straight" to get children...

One day... one day someone will come along. Thanks again for the renewed hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
This is a great thread.

As a young buck I never wanted kids but then real life experiences changed my mind. I have helped raise the children of my partners and found it to be very rewarding. I learned that my heart is bigger than I thought.

One day I walked into a situation where my best friend needed a help raising his kids. That day made me a dad. I still have my boys even though I lost my best friend.

Being a parent and even a coparent is a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it.

For the single femnes out there I wish you all the best experieces. There are good butches that can complete your family.
The Following User Says Thank You to ReadandSnapFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2018, 11:19 AM   #125
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
bachelor

Thanked 18,220 Times in 5,158 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadandSnapFemme View Post
Chad,

This gives me hope! From what I am seeing out here, not many want to date those of us with children (especially not small children like mine). I think people worry about custody or being the "other" person in the lives... whereas with mine, I have sole legal and physical. There is no "other" person out there. I also have my children thanks to medical science and a sperm bank, so I wasn't "straight" to get children...

One day... one day someone will come along. Thanks again for the renewed hope!
Thank you ReadandSnapFemme. I have been with a partner that tried to get pregnant through science unfortunately it did not work for her. It is a painful experience for a lot of people.

Hang in there and be proud that you are a mom and the right butch will come home to you
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:22 AM   #126
ReadandSnapFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Thank you ReadandSnapFemme. I have been with a partner that tried to get pregnant through science unfortunately it did not work for her. It is a painful experience for a lot of people.

Hang in there and be proud that you are a mom and the right butch will come home to you
It for sure isn't easy... but it's all worth it for this journey I now love!