Old 07-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
skeeter_01

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you!
Relationship Status:
Sleeping single in a double bed..

skeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Do you have weird ass "Festivals" around where you live?

We sure do here! Take this weekend for example, it's the "Elvis Fest" in the 'Depot Town' area of beautiful downtown Ypsilanti (the "Y" is silent) Michigan. Depot Town is kinda the little area most towns have, that has like cool places to eat and drink and little touristy shops. Imagine being down there and hundreds of Elvis impersonators wandering around, sitting in the outside bars. LoL!!

http://mielvisfest.org/

Meanwhile, in downtown Ann Arbor next weekend, it's the 53 annual Ann Arbor Art Fair. It boasts being "The only juried art fair in the world". It brings about 150,000 visitors to Ann Arbor. People ask every year, "Are you going to the Art Fair?" I tell them "HELL NO!!" LoL!! I grew up in Ann Arbor, I know the insanity that is Art Fair! I stay far, FAR away from downtown Ann Arbor during Art Fair.

Even so, I really can't avoid it. I work in the ER at U of M hospital and we get quite a few folks from the Art Fair. Since it's ALWAYS the hottest week of the year, we usually get our fair share of heat strokes and dehydration.

http://artfairs.visitannarbor.org/

And there's a ton more scheduled for a 50 mile radius of me every weekend through Halloween!

I usually end up at the Art Fair about once every 5 or 6 years. I go for the food court..they have GREAT food vendors! I don't go to many of the hundreds of festivals around me though, too damn many people!

And I just have to say this, please forgive me for yelling!

DOGS DO NOT BELONG AT THESE EVENTS!!

OK, I feel better! LoL!! So how about anyone else? Any weird assed festivals around you? Ya goin'?
skeet

Texting while driving is a real KILLER!!!

‎"It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together...but it takes only one nut to scatter them all over the highway..."
Jeff PARAMEDIC
skeeter_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skeeter_01 For This Useful Post: