Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

My wrist is on my mind. It was two years ago this week when I accidentally cut my wrist. It’s healed really well, but it’s a little numb and isn’t as strong as my left wrist. I notice the weakness when I do (or did) my curls.

Exercising and weight gain is on my mind too. I miss my bike and will start ridding again once I’m in the condo. I think I’ve gained a couple pounds. Hopefully not more than a few. We’ll see soon enough.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2021, 09:40 AM   #14702
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation
Default Texas

The situation in Texas with the electricity is on my mind right now. Apparently, almost all of Texas has its own power grid which is not connected to either the Eastern or Western U.S. power grid. This is why so many Texans were without power during the storm last week.

Also, it seems that one of the electric plans that's available to Texans is a variable rate plan. This allows their bills to be low - most of the time. But in a situation like last week where demand far outstripped availability, the rates went sky high - I have heard two examples so far, one family with a bill over $10,000, and another with a bill over $5,000. Also, the ranchers racked up huge bills because they were trying to keep all of their farm animals warm and alive. Some of these ranchers are family businesses, who have all of their money tied up in their livestock - if the livestock dies, the ranchers go bankrupt and could even lose their homes.

Their state legislature is working now to do something; like for instance, the electric utility has been prevented from sending out any more bills for the moment, and they can't disconnect people's electricity. But I suspect the Texas government is spending a lot of time playing the blame game, and it will all be tied up in politics. In the meantime, the electric bills keep ticking their way upward.

I haven't heard any statistics or news stories about how many people died or how much livestock died during the storm, but surely there must have been some. I'm sure the homeless people were hit hard. Also, I know people were melting ice and snow to get water; but in Georgia, whenever it snows, we have always been warned not to drink or eat the snow. It's full of pollution from the upper atmosphere, and can be harmful. I wonder what the repercussions of millions of people drinking this stuff will be for years to come?

I know several of our own BFPers live in Texas. I hope they are all doing well; my heart goes out to them.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2021, 03:14 PM   #14703
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Now that GeorgiaMa'am mentioned it, it's got me thinking too about how the power outage in certain parts of the state coupled with the COVID crisis is affecting people down there, particularly in some of the harder hit areas, especially members of our most vunerable populations.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2021, 05:05 PM   #14704
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default On your mind

Up here in Canada we have had tons of snow but we have not run into the problems that you have down there particularly in Texas. Even though we are separate countries we are all together on BFP to wish each other safe journey. We hope you can get some relief for Texas and all other affected states. Yes we do think of you and wish you well.
Stone-Butch is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2021, 10:05 AM   #14705
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~
Spring......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2021, 03:20 PM   #14706
Reach *BANNED*
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Scammer.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Moratorium

Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,018 Posts
Reach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST Reputation

That losing my Mom has been the most devastating event of my entire life, and it has been only a little over a month since she passed. I cannot imagine a feeling of comparative heartbreak.

For those that still have their Mom- call her and tell her how much you love her.
Reach *BANNED* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Reach *BANNED* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2021, 05:10 PM   #14707
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

nina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
That losing my Mom has been the most devastating event of my entire life, and it has been only a little over a month since she passed. I cannot imagine a feeling of comparative heartbreak.

For those that still have their Mom- call her and tell her how much you love her.
I'm so sorry for your loss. A month for that kind of loss is like a minute. You'll need so much more time for grieving and healing. I hope you're surrounded by love and support right now.
nina03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2021, 06:34 PM   #14708
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation
Default All on my mind

I was just sitting here thinking about this girl, actually. I’ve thought about her a lot. I almost hurt myself counting back the years trying to figure out how long it’s been since I met her, online. I’ve always thought about her like “the one that got away.”
We talked forever and became really good friends but I always felt another connection there. She had reservations I guess because I was a wild asshole. I’m not sure about that one but if I had to guess.
Anyway, fast forward almost 20 years which I cannot believe myself and now I’m just an old, calm, ass hole.
She’s strong and honest and bold and sexy as hell. Did I mention just a big hearted amazing person? I’m not sure if she didn’t believe me or didn’t believe all that about herself. I’m pretty sure she does now.
If you see her around...
Old 02-24-2021, 03:33 PM   #14709
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~
Chicago........
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 04:54 PM   #14710
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

SNOW
The snow is melting in my neck of the woods and I’ve been out and about. Got a car wash, gas, checking out the neighborhood, not using cabs (for now), feelin’ good behind the wheel. Got a notification on my car while driving that I might be driving on ice—thank goodness I wasn’t. Didn’’t know I had a warning like that. Very cool. I need to re-read my user manual. Will do that soon.

RENOVATIONS
Met a contractor yesteray that didn’t want to give me a written estimate on a tub-to-shower conversion (!) and only offered a discount if I gave him an answer right then and there, on the spot (as if).

Met a contractor today who’ll give me a 12% discount on the conversion if I choose them in 30 days and will throw in a nice shower head/hand held thingy if I go with them in 7 days. They’ve been in business for 28 years. They pretty much offer the same as the guy from yesterday, but a few more bells and whistles that I like. I’m really digging the contractor I met today. Will meet another contractor tomorrow and they will have to come strong and be really good to impress me more than the guy I met today.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 07:29 PM   #14711
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
RENOVATIONS
Met a contractor yesteray that didn’t want to give me a written estimate on a tub-to-shower conversion (!) and only offered a discount if I gave him an answer right then and there, on the spot (as if).
Orema, good for you for standing your ground and being strong against this contractor. No written estimate? I call shenanigans! And if anyone tells me I have to make a deal right then and there, or lose out, it's an automatic deal breaker. I figure if they don't want me to check up on them or compare, there must be a reason.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 08:04 PM   #14712
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default On your mind

I have worn double mask since this pandemic started. I go out only for groceries and paid one visit to my brother and had the family here with all 3 of them wearing masks while here for an hour or more. Now that surrounding areas are opening up a little, our area has again been moved to Mar. 6 as the first time we can go and buy anything except groceries. This timing has been changed 3 times already and I am going to have to put my hair in a pony tail unless I can get a haircut. The lineups at the grocery stores are from one end of parking to the other in most of the plazas as people just want to get out and about. Most of the problem is illegal openings of after hours clubs and restaurants with hundreds of people attending. Many have been broken up and it does little good as if one person were positive for the virus in each case the chance of it spreading are certain. Put higher fines on those that break the rules I say. If you fly into our largest airport you can be fined if you don't go into isolation.WTH is that? Someone needs to slap Trudeau with a virus napkin.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 04:38 AM   #14713
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSunshine View Post
I was just sitting here thinking about this girl, actually. I’ve thought about her a lot. I almost hurt myself counting back the years trying to figure out how long it’s been since I met her, online. I’ve always thought about her like “the one that got away.”
We talked forever and became really good friends but I always felt another connection there. She had reservations I guess because I was a wild asshole. I’m not sure about that one but if I had to guess.
Anyway, fast forward almost 20 years which I cannot believe myself and now I’m just an old, calm, ass hole.
She’s strong and honest and bold and sexy as hell. Did I mention just a big hearted amazing person? I’m not sure if she didn’t believe me or didn’t believe all that about herself. I’m pretty sure she does now.
If you see her around...

STILL ON MY MIND

I was off by quite a few years. I joined here in 2009 and it was a couple years before that. That shortens the 20 years of a bit. Maybe it just seems like 20.
Old 02-26-2021, 03:04 PM   #14714
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,352 Times in 862 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Post Update Your Software

I think after 14 years it's a good idea to update your email client to a newer updated version.
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 10:12 PM   #14715
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Default on your mind

It puzzles me that a woman can show some interest and exchange niceness for a while and then out of the blue, for reasons beyond your thinking that would cause her to not only ignore you but to be rude about it. I say, just say sorry, I was wrong, I am not interested any more "because". I would like to know why that's all.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2021, 03:51 PM   #14716
Reach *BANNED*
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Scammer.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Moratorium

Reach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST Reputation

The phone call I just had with my sister.. just laughing and crying in regards to our Mom. It felt good to share the pain with her...as weird as that might sound.. she felt the same way. Because we both understand what the other is going through.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Reach *BANNED* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2021, 02:48 PM   #14717
Reach *BANNED*
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Scammer.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Moratorium

I just received an earlier will that my Mom had done- she did a new one in 2019 that cancels this one out- but they still have to show myself and my siblings that it was filed.

I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that she is gone. I have the surreal feeling of being in a dream- even though rationally I know that is not true. That losing my Mom is truly real.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Reach *BANNED* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2021, 09:47 PM   #14718
gurlnextdoor

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
Happily married & crazily in love!

gurlnextdoor Has the BEST Reputationgurlnextdoor Has the BEST Reputationgurlnextdoor Has the BEST Reputationgurlnextdoor Has the BEST Reputationgurlnextdoor Has the BEST Reputationgurlnextdoor Has the BEST Reputationgurlnextdoor Has the BEST Reputationgurlnextdoor Has the BEST Reputationgurlnextdoor Has the BEST Reputationgurlnextdoor Has the BEST Reputationgurlnextdoor Has the BEST Reputation

Mr. Reach: Being able to let someone else share in O/our pain makes losing someone dear bearable and i know from experience that if i could not have shared my grief with others the pain would crumple me into nothing. Some day You will be able to laugh more and cry less when You think of Your Mother. It's hard right now to believe that but it will happen.

Last edited by gurlnextdoor; 03-01-2021 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Needed to add more.
gurlnextdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gurlnextdoor For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2021, 08:30 PM   #14719
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Default What is on your mind.

Reach I can relate to you and hope you find your way through although as said, you never forget as the grieving just gets less. Since the beginning of 2000 I have lost my father, mother, sister, best friend all at different times. My brother who is much older than me is not well and we are the last two of our family. I have never stopped grieving as they cross your mind on every occasion or when someone else reminds you or when you are alone and deep in thought. I will never be the same person as I was but I have to go on or give in and that I won't do.
Hang in there Reach you are in my thoughts and I am sure many others here on BFP know the value of family and friends and their loss. Keep strong.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2021, 04:44 PM   #14720
Reach *BANNED*
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Scammer.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Moratorium

I signed the lease today on my new place- a 2bdr 1.5 bath townhouse!! All I kept thinking was that I wish my Mom was here to see it. We would have had the best time picking out stuff- she loved to help us get settled into our abodes.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Reach *BANNED* For This Useful Post: