Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

If everyone looked in their own backyard/community you'll see so many little things. You just simply need to walk out your door and adopt the attitude that we are all human beings living the human experience or trying to. If we all realized that we are all truly connected, part of each other, then we might find it easier to nurture and embrace all things.

Be kind and considerate of all things.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #22
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

I have been "paying it forward" ever since I was old enough to realize I came from the poor side of town and everytime someone would bring clothes or shoes or food to my Mama, I would feel sooo guilty for getting whatever was being brought as I knew there were many of my friends at school that was worse off than I was.
I started by taking whatever I couldn't wear and passed it along. Anytime I had a treat, I shared it with my best friend, etc. That made me feel a little better.
Now, I will find things at yard sales/consignment stores and pass them along to some of my friend's kids who are poor like I was growing up. I know these kids need the stuff and I am more than happy to pass along the blessings.

I start in late summer shopping the clearance sales on toys to pass along at Christmas. ALWAYS shop end of season sales like now, this time of year to get good deals on clothing. Some I pass along now if I can find someone who can use it, the rest I store til next season. I do this every chance I get.

I ALWAYS buy consignment for my son who is 4. If I have to buy new, I consign the clothing back or pass them down to someone else I know. No one can believe my son is wearing used clothing! He is always dressed in style and in good taste. It saves $$ and helps other parents who are in the same position as I was/am.

Most importantly in my life, I am responsible for 5 individuals who have varying levels of developmental delays. None of them are "adults" mentally. My family-which I call them as I am like "Mom" to them and take total care of them like their own mom's would. I am "Mom" to 3 of them! This is a full-time job, the pay isn't much, the "benefits" from the job are non-existent, but the benefits I get from knowing my "kids" are well fed, have a safe, stable roof over thir heads, medical care, clean clothes, health care-everything a bio mom would do. It's like having 4 teenagers around the age of 14-16 and 1 who is around the age of 10!
I love it! I give to these poeple what their own families can't or WONT give them. This is my pleasure. My calling. I know I will not be able to mother them forever and they will move on in life to another program or placement, but I know when they leave my care, they have felt valued and respected as human beings and know what it's like to be safe, loved and *wanted.* Something many have never felt.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #23
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

My life is so blessed. Even in the tougher emotional times, I have it better than many people. My honey enjoys anonymously purchasing meals for people. I hate to see people have to put back food when short money at the grocery store, so I will step up and pay.

Most of our neighbors are below poverty level income, disabled and/or elderly. We share foods from our garden and find ways to help them with dignity. One time we did that by offering a neighbor a new folding chair for his front porch because his had no seat strings. We told him our dad couldn't use it and we thought he might take it off our hands.

I order freebies that are then donated to our local homeless shelter. Shampoo, toothpaste, lotion...... For those of you that travel, consider donating the shampoo, etc from your hotel rooms.

Each payday we look around us to see if any of our friends, neighbors, friends of friends, etc., need some financial help. It seems like someone is always in need of a little extra help.

Like someone else mentioned, I smile at everyone. I remember days when a smile from someone made the world less heavy.

Paying it forward is the best medicine in the world.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #24
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

A small "extra" garden on the boulevard, between the sidewalk and street (check city ordinances first) with tomatoes etc. for those who walk by (lots where we live) with a little staked sign facing sidewalk "Pls take what you need"... always nearly picked bare but happily I've never seen anyone one person strip it bare... anyway, just a thought for city dwellers....
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #25
adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

I love this thread. I believe very strongly in paying it forward. It's right in line with the phrase "faith without works is dead," which is an important mantra in my life. I rarely tell anyone. I get upset when people find out actually. I'm not part of the 1% by any stretch, but I do make decent money for what I do. I also grew up dirt poor, so money doesn't hold the same power for me as it does for some. I will buy/do/donate things because I can. There is nothing that makes me feel better. It's like I have magical super powers. lol. I can create magic for others. I love Christmas for this reason. I've always struggled with long term anything, friendships, relationships - commitments to others in general - I am excellent though at paying attention and reading people. Two abilities from childhood that really have little purpose in my life today other than the ability to use them for magic making now.
adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to adorable For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #26
Morgan

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, hy, hym, does not matter
Relationship Status:
I am enjoying life....

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,604 Times in 411 Posts
Morgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST Reputation

I was driving through a small town the other day, when I was saw a man, down on his luck, holding a sign that said "Hungry, Need Food", well guess where my lunch went, the lunch that i had just purchased. I have seen people bumming for money, but never for food. I cannot imagine what it must feel like to have stand on a street corner and have to ask people for food.

I am so lucky I have met people here, that are willing to open their doors and their hearts, to people that need help.....

I think it is time we all learn to work together, this is our family, we all have so much to offer....forget about the petty bull crap, the arguing, the snide comments, the gossip, our pride and be better people, better neighbors, better friends.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #27
PaPa

How Do You Identify?:
GQ Butch Daddy
Relationship Status:
A Very Protective BIG Daddy...

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,530 Posts
PaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST Reputation

I actually am in the process of fulfilling an obligation to six people in an effort to pay it forward. I am crocheting dishcloths for them this year and will mail them out. I also wanted to share another thing that I found out about recently. An organization by the name of Threads of Compassion in Harrisburg, PA accepts donations of knitted or crocheted scarfs. They give them to individuals who seek treatment at the hospital for the crisis of rape. I have completed one for them and that will be in the mail soon as well.

I truly enjoy doing for others. I feel it is my duty here on earth. We are all in this world together so should make it as pleasant for each other as we can. I have many blessings in my life. As a matter of fact my father just today turned 92 years old. I am very grateful and feel honored to share with others.

Thanks for starting this thread. I really enjoy reading what others do too.
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PaPa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #28
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

I believe , I said this before . We are combining two houses together and number of donations it's huge . I am so happy for people in need they will get things . It gives me a pleasure
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vlasta For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #29
GPS
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy to my 5 year old..
Preferred Pronoun?:
Banned 12/27/2012 - Former member came back under a new name
Relationship Status:
Enjoying Life

Thanked 1,171 Times in 351 Posts
GPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST Reputation

There are some really great ppl here paying it forward
GPS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GPS For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #30
GPS
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy to my 5 year old..
Preferred Pronoun?:
Banned 12/27/2012 - Former member came back under a new name
Relationship Status:
Enjoying Life

Thanked 1,171 Times in 351 Posts
GPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST ReputationGPS Has the BEST Reputation

I had the opportunity to help a family in need, we just gave quilts we found so a woman with polio just starting her life without abuse. I wish her all the luck in this world and I know she can make it on her own
GPS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GPS For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #31
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

At the corner store , the lady behind me in line had two dollars and her purchase was $2.86. While she was hunting for change, I handed the cashier an extra dollar and went on my way. A young man in the other line surprised me by coming out the side door to tell me what a nice thing I'd done. I smiled the whole drive home.

It was really nice, not expecting to be thanked, but having someone notice. I told him I liked helping. I hope he'll take it to heart.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #32
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

I love this thread , it makes my eyes water how many awesome people are in our community and in many ways we are still being looked like a second class citizens . Sad , but true .
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vlasta For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2017, 05:56 PM   #33
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,352 Times in 862 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation

I had plenty time left on my pay-and-display parking receipt (8+ hrs.) and wanted to pay it forward by providing it to the next driver so they wouldn't have to pay. The intention was to pass it on to the next driver which would have happened had the driver just been patient and waited.
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post: