How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default recipe sharing :)

I dont know for certain if there is a thread started on the subject...but I was just posting about slow cooker recipes and it occurred to me that this could be a nice thing to do

Lemon Dream Pie

juice of 3 lemons (you can reserve some lemon slices for garnish, if desired)

16oz container of cool whip (NOT lite..it will not set up!)

1 reg sized can sweetened condensed milk (lite or fat free is fine)

1 graham cracker crust

Blend first 3 ingredients. Pour into pie crust and allow at least 4 hrs to set up. Also, if you want something a little richer, you can add 4oz of cream cheese. This is a very easy no bake summer pie that my entire family loves.
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
I dont know for certain if there is a thread started on the subject...but I was just posting about slow cooker recipes and it occurred to me that this could be a nice thing to do

Lemon Dream Pie

juice of 3 lemons (you can reserve some lemon slices for garnish, if desired)

16oz container of cool whip (NOT lite..it will not set up!)

1 reg sized can sweetened condensed milk (lite or fat free is fine)

1 graham cracker crust

Blend first 3 ingredients. Pour into pie crust and allow at least 4 hrs to set up. Also, if you want something a little richer, you can add 4oz of cream cheese. This is a very easy no bake summer pie that my entire family loves.

when do we get 1
Teddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teddybear For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

i love lemon pie. and i just love pie! if someone can make a delicious pecan pie, ... i consider that someone a cook! you can conquer the world lol. and if you know that texas pecans will make that pie even better, well then, ... you can conquer the universe!

yes, i love pie!
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
skeeter_01

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you!
Relationship Status:
Sleeping single in a double bed..

skeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputation

This is a recipe called "angel pie"....It took me 7 years to get the recipe from a co-worker...so, don't give it to ANYONE!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANGEL PIE

Meringue Shell:
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup sugar

Filling:
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/3 cups milk
3 beaten egg yolks
1/2 cup dairy sour cream
2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
1/4 cup lemon juice

Garnish:
Whipped Cream (optional)
Lemon peel (optional)
Raspberries (optional)

FOR MERINGUE SHELL: In a large mixing bowl beat egg whites, vanilla, and cream of tartar with an electric mixer on medium speed till soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed about 7 minutes, or till very stiff peaks form (tips stand straight) and sugar is almost dissolved. Using a spoon or spatula, spread meringue onto bottom and sides of a well-greased 10-inch pie plate, building the sides up to form a shell. Bake in a preheated 300° oven for 45 minutes. Turn off oven. Let dry in oven with door closed for 1 hour (do not open oven door). Cool on a rack.

FOR FILLING: In a medium saucepan stir together sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Gradually stir about half of the hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream, lemon peel, and lemon juice. Pour filling into a bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Cool without stirring. Spoon filling into meringue shell. Cover and chill for 2-24 hours.

Just before serving, if desired, garnish with dollops of whipped cream, lemon peel, and raspberries.

enjoy!!

skeet

Texting while driving is a real KILLER!!!

‎"It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together...but it takes only one nut to scatter them all over the highway..."
Jeff PARAMEDIC
skeeter_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to skeeter_01 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I have a thread with slow cooker recipes

All the recipes we have posted on The Planet are here,
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=667

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #6
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

cinnamon: I make that same pie, only call it Lemon Cloud Pie! It IS sinful and so goooood...
Old 09-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
skeeter_01

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you!
Relationship Status:
Sleeping single in a double bed..

skeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputation

just cause it's now "fall" doesn't mean you can't still BBQ!!

skeet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I absolutely love pork that is cooked on the grill. I have tried many recipes from both cook books and different web sites. After looking at a TON of recipes, I came up with this one by taking a little from one and a little from another. It took about 8 times but I finally came up with a combination that gets "Rave Reviews" every time I serve it.

SKEETER'S GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN
serves 4-6 people

MIX TOGETHER:
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup lite soy sauce
7 oz bottle oyster sauce (available at Krogers in the "Asian" section)
4 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoon ketchup
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 ancho chili cut up in to small strips (or more or less to personal taste)
1 teaspoon of good quality cinnamon
the juice of two fresh limes
the zest of one of the limes

*see note at bottom*

Wash tenderloin off and pat it dry. Arrange in a large zip lock bag. In a bowl whisk together all remaining ingredients and pour marinade over pork. Turn pork to coat well. Chill pork, covered, turning it once or twice, at least 8 hours and up to 1 day.

Prepare grill. I prefer to use coals vs. gas. I just like the taste better. But if using gas, I used the grill set at medium.

Remove pork from marinade, reserving marinade, and arrange on a lightly oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals. (about med. hot coals). Grill pork turning it every 3 minutes, until a thermometer diagonally inserted 2 inches into center of tenderloin registers 155°-160°F. This takes 20-30 minutes.

Let pork stand 10 minutes (covered loosely in foil) before thinly slicing.

Serve with dipping sauce (below)

*note*. Add about 1 1/2 cup of water to marinade, reduce for a dipping sauce. I put the sauce on the stove at low-medium heat, letting it go to a slow boil for the whole time the tenderloin is grilling. Sometimes, I finish it off with 1-2 tablespoons of cold butter.

Texting while driving is a real KILLER!!!

‎"It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together...but it takes only one nut to scatter them all over the highway..."
Jeff PARAMEDIC
skeeter_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skeeter_01 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #8
-Red-Flag-

How Do You Identify?:
.Butch.

Thanked 3,609 Times in 929 Posts
-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
I have a thread with slow cooker recipes

All the recipes we have posted on The Planet are here,
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=667
I was about to ask about slow cookers.

You will always be fond of me. I represent all the sins you never had the courage to commit.--Oscar Wilde

Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power.--Oscar Wilde

I want to fill my mouth with your name.— Pablo Neruda

-Red-Flag- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to -Red-Flag- For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #9
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting

ingredients

for the bars:
4 eggs
1 2/3 c. sugar (i used raw, but white or brown would work fine too)
1 c. vegetable oil or applesauce
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
15 oz. pumpkin puree
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/4 tsp. cardamom

for the icing:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 c. confectioner’s sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract

directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil or applesauce, vanilla, and pumpkin puree. I used an electric mixer. Feel free to use a spoon. Or whatever tickles you. Slowly mix in the rest of the dry ingredients and spices until the batter is smooth. Pour into a greased 13×9 in. baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.

In a smaller bowl, combine cream cheese and vanilla, and slowly mix in confectioner’s sugar until smooth.

Let the bars cool completely before slicing and icing.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #10
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishah View Post
pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting

ingredients

for the bars:
4 eggs
1 2/3 c. sugar (i used raw, but white or brown would work fine too)
1 c. vegetable oil or applesauce
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
15 oz. pumpkin puree
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/4 tsp. cardamom

for the icing:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 c. confectioner’s sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract

directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil or applesauce, vanilla, and pumpkin puree. I used an electric mixer. Feel free to use a spoon. Or whatever tickles you. Slowly mix in the rest of the dry ingredients and spices until the batter is smooth. Pour into a greased 13×9 in. baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.

In a smaller bowl, combine cream cheese and vanilla, and slowly mix in confectioner’s sugar until smooth.

Let the bars cool completely before slicing and icing.
my mother has this same recipe! they are awesome...worth the effort....we add raisins...and you can add nuts also.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #11
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

today i made honey pineapple chicken in the crock pot. for the sauce;

1c honey
1/2c soy sauce
1/2tsp each salt and pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1c pineapple bits

place 3 lbs chicken in the crock...pour sauce over. cook till done we did 6 hours on high....but my chicken was bone in breasts and frozen....the recipe was originally for wings...just saying....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #12
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,113 Times in 3,005 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Squash Soup
  • 2 large, 3 small winter squash (Butternut, Acorn, or Pumpkin are best)
  • 16 oz coconut milk - the kind in a can that has the nice thick stuff on top)
  • 2c vegetable broth
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
  • ½ t red curry paste
  • 1t ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 425
Bake the squash whole for about 45-60 minutes. Let it cool. Then slice squash in half, scoop seeds out, and then scoop out the "meat" and mash it up a bit with a potato masher.

Put the squash, garlic, half of the broth, and all of the coconut milk into a food processor or blender and puree the heck out of it.

Pour all of that into a good size pot on the stove over medium heat. Stir and let cook until heated through, 5-10 min most likely. Add spices and season to taste. Cook for another 15-20 minutes.

You can make this more on the sweet side using just things like the cinnamon and little bit of maple syrup and almond extract, or make it more savory, eliminating the maple and using the curry/garlic. Or you can mix it all up and have the full sweet/savory experience.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #13
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Squash Soup
  • 2 large, 3 small winter squash (Butternut, Acorn, or Pumpkin are best)
  • 16 oz coconut milk - the kind in a can that has the nice thick stuff on top)
  • 2c vegetable broth
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
  • ½ t red curry paste
  • 1t ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 425
Bake the squash whole for about 45-60 minutes. Let it cool. Then slice squash in half, scoop seeds out, and then scoop out the "meat" and mash it up a bit with a potato masher.

Put the squash, garlic, half of the broth, and all of the coconut milk into a food processor or blender and puree the heck out of it.

Pour all of that into a good size pot on the stove over medium heat. Stir and let cook until heated through, 5-10 min most likely. Add spices and season to taste. Cook for another 15-20 minutes.

You can make this more on the sweet side using just things like the cinnamon and little bit of maple syrup and almond extract, or make it more savory, eliminating the maple and using the curry/garlic. Or you can mix it all up and have the full sweet/savory experience.

Sounds delicious but what about the other half of the broth?
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #14
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,113 Times in 3,005 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro View Post

Sounds delicious but what about the other half of the broth?
Oh details! If only we could edit these threads. Sorry I forgot that paragraph.

The other part of the directions is to add the remaining broth after the initial puree, while in the pot, until you reach desired consistency. You may or may not use it all.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #15
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Oh details! If only we could edit these threads. Sorry I forgot that paragraph.

The other part of the directions is to add the remaining broth after the initial puree, while in the pot, until you reach desired consistency. You may or may not use it all.
Thank you !
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #16
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Default Pocket pot pies

This was well received by all who tried it...and very easy too!

1lb ground beef (I used Morning Star fake meat, lg package)

1 c diced onion

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 Tbs worcestershire sauce

2Tbs fresh thyme ( I used 2 tsp dried)

1Tbs fresh parsley ( I didn't use it)

1 tsp paprika

1 1/2 c frozen mixed veggies, thawed

salt and pepper to taste

2 cans refrigerated grands biscuits

Preheat oven to 350. In pan, brown hamburger with garlic and onion till done. Add worcestershire sauce, spices and veggies and stir to mix. Roll out biscuits to approximately 6 inches. Put about 1/4c of mixture onto middle of each biscuit. Fold over and seal edges. bake until browned about 12 minutes.

After making this, I had the idea of adding rice and just using an extra can of biscuits. This recipe says they freeze well for a quick hot pockets type snack. I served it mushroom gravy and white rice on the side....and I added a sprinkling of Italian cheeses before sealing the pockets
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #17
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Thanked 3,221 Times in 666 Posts
femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation
Vovo’s Caldo Verde

This soup recipe is from my Portuguese grandmother(s). I was lucky enough to have two! This is comfort food at it’s finest, and tastes better the next day, so feel free to make ahead and warm up. Awesome in the wintertime. Works wonderfully as a first course to a larger meal, or as a meal itself with paposeco’s ( or any really good crusty bread)

What You Need:

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
(not light—the darker green, the better!)
10 ounces chouriço, linguiça, (or Spanish chorizo if you can’t find Portuguese products) sliced into 1/4-inch coins

1 large Spanish onion, diced
 or two regular cooking onions
Kosher or Sea salt

2 garlic cloves, sliced; don’t be afraid to go for a third or fourth (we love our garlic in Portugal)
6-7 medium potatoes, peeled and diced

8 cups cold water, or half chicken stock and half water

1 pound kale or collard greens, thick middle stem removed, and leaves cut into very, very fine julienne (think wisker-thin)

Freshly ground black pepper to taste, although if you have it, white pepper works even better.

What To Do:

1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chouriço slices and cook until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon remove the sausage to a plate. Try to let the sausage drain well into the pot; it will flavor the soup.
2. Dump the onions and garlic into the pot. Sauté, adding enough salt to bring out their sweetness, until they’re translucent and very soft.
3. Add the potatoes, cover everything with the water, or the chicken stock-water combo, and bring the soup to a boil. Lower the heat so the soup gently simmers. Cook until the potatoes are almost done, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. When the caldo verde is cool enough to handle, purée it using a wand blender.
Tradition states that one slice and only one slice of chouriço is added to each bowl, but we always add a few! The more the merrier!
5. Add the finely shredded/sliced greens to the soup, bring everything back to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Season with more salt, if needed, and pepper.
6. Ladle the caldo verde into bowls and garnish with the remaining slices of chouriço if serving right away. Again, this freezes and refrigerates really well, and the flavours are best that way ☺

Lila Watson

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun, but you seek shade when its shining.
You say you love wind, but when its comes you close your window.
So that's why I'm scared, when you say you love me.

-- Bob Marley
femmeInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #18
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Thanked 3,221 Times in 666 Posts
femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation
Default Flapper's Pie

This recipe is from my Irish/Canadian grandmother, who was born and raised on the Canadian prairies. This is AWESOME!!

Ingredients:

Crust:
• 1¼ cups graham crackers
• ¼ cup melted butter
• ½ cup sugar
• dash of cinnamon
• (you can cheat and get a store made crust, but it WON’T BE AS GOOD!)

Filling:
• 2½ cups of milk
• ½ cup of white sugar
• ¼ cup of cornstarch
• 3 egg yolks
• 1 tsp vanilla
• pinch of salt

Meringue Topping:
• 3 egg whites
• ¼ cup of sugar
• ¼ tsp of cream of tartar

Instructions

1. Mix all the topping ingredients together, save about 2 (or more) tbsp to the side and press the rest into a 10 inch pie plate, in the bottom and up the sides. Refrigerate.
2. Combine the filling ingredients together and cook on a medium heat until it boils and thickens, making sure to stir constantly! Set aside to cool while you make the meringue.
3. Beat the meringue ingredients together until they form stiff peaks.
4. Pour the filling into the crust and top with the meringue, making beautiful little spikes that will brown up all lovely on top!
Sprinkle the rest of the crumbs on the top and slide into a 350 degree oven.
5. Bake until the meringue browns like below, around 10 minutes but watch it carefully!
6. Cool in the fridge and eat the same day. This is best made mere hours before serving. Don’t know how long it keeps, because we never had any left over! ☺

Lila Watson

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun, but you seek shade when its shining.
You say you love wind, but when its comes you close your window.
So that's why I'm scared, when you say you love me.

-- Bob Marley
femmeInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #19
Chaperone

How Do You Identify?:
Chatroom Moderator
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Involved with All Chatters

Chaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST Reputation

does anyone have a good recipe for Lavender Cookies?
Chaperone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaperone For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #20
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

Sorry Chap but I've never made or even heard of such cookies.

I do however have a few recipes that I have found that have been a hit in this house.

No idea what the name of this one is...found it online somewhere.
This made some tasty chicken

Chicken Tenders
Ingredients
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips.
  • 1 cup zesty Italian dressing
  • 2 teaspoons lime juice
  • 3 teaspoons honey
Instructions
  1. Place chicken in gallon ziplock bag. Combine all other ingredients and pour over. Seal and marinate for at least an hour.
  2. Pour all ingredients into a large skillet and cook over medium heat until liquid evaporates and remaining marinade becomes thick and caramelized. Coat
  3. each piece of chicken in marinade by rubbing it around on the bottom of the pan before removing it

Apple Dumplings (recipe from the Pioneer Woman). Every easy...NOT diet friendly...but some good stuff good.

Ingredients

• 2 whole Granny Smith Apples
  • 2 cans (8 Oz. Cans) Crescent Rolls
  • 2 sticks Butter
  • 1-1/2 cup Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
  • Cinnamon, To Taste
  • 1 can (12 Oz.) Mountain Dew Soda
Preparation Instructions

Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.
Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour entire mixture over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.

Chicken Florentine: (pioneer woman)
Ingredients

• 1 pound Penne
  • 4 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
  • Salt And Pepper, to taste
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 3/4 cups Dry White Wine
  • 3/4 cups Low-sodium Broth, More If Needed
  • 1 bag Baby Spinach
  • 2 cups Grape Tomatoes, Halved Lengthwise
  • 4 ounces, weight Parmesan Cheese, Shaved With Vegetable Peeler
Preparation Instructions

Cook pasta according to package directions in lightly salted water. Drain and set aside.
Cut chicken breasts into chunks and sprinkle on salt and pepper.
Heat butter and olive oil over high heat in a large skillet. Add chicken chunks in a single layer and do not stir for a minute or two in order to allow the chicken to brown on the first side. Turn the chicken and brown on the other side. Cook until done, then remove chicken from the skillet.
Turn heat to medium. Add garlic and quickly stir to avoid burning. After about 30 seconds, pour in wine and broth, stirring to deglaze the pan. Allow the liquid to bubble up, then continue cooking until it's reduced by at least half (most of the surface of the liquid should be bubbling at this point.)
Turn off the heat. Add spinach, tomatoes, chicken, and cooked pasta to the skillet. Toss to combine; the spinach will wilt as you toss everything. Add plenty of Parmesan shavings and toss to combine.
Serve with extra Parmesan shavings.
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post: