Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Femme Zone

The Femme Zone For all things "Femme"

Old 01-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #21
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

And PS, what a sweet idea for a thread. Having a sanctuary is so central to feeling safe. It's a base where you can lick your wounds and indulge yourself and celebrate in privacy I will never take for granted again.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #22
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

My ex has finally moved out as of just 3 weeks ago, so I am still in the process of reclaiming my house, and it feels just so wonderful. It's been so long since I felt any real comfort here so right now I'm just exploring how to set things up and how to use the different spaces to make them completely mine -- though completely mine in a way that makes it easy to share it with dear friends (one who is arriving in a few hours - YAY!) and eventually maybe with someone who can help me fill the house up with love...
Old 01-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #23
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivacious1 View Post
Oh I do love this thread!!!

My femme cave is my bedroom. My favorite things reside here! My bed of course, the best sheets I can find (luxurious bedding is a must) seeing that napping and bedtime are a favorite of mine. I have beautiful framed pictures that are all sentimemtal in some way, whether given to me or a "find". My jewelry box that stays close to my bed (which indicates it's importance, lol) filled with things that have been given to me, either by people that have been in my life or passed down from my mom or grandmother. My treadmill of course because when I wake up it speaks to me (get on me) sometimes I listen, sometimes I don't. I can't forget my 5 foot tall giraffee that I scored at a furniture store that was closing down. (her name is Gertrude, yes I am insane) and let me not leave out my closet with lots of beautiful clothes and shoes which are truly things I cherish. Some are recent buys and some are not, some fit and some don't.... they are like family!!! So, in summary, my bedroom is truly my oasis and I have created a place that makes me feel happy and peaceful.
I think Gertrude is a fantastic addition to your cave, Vivacious and you are not insane at all. Just don't let JustJo know about her or she may come up missing one day.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #24
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I think Gertrude is a fantastic addition to your cave, Vivacious and you are not insane at all. Just don't let JustJo know about her or she may come up missing one day.

Gemme, did you mention that YOUR femme cave comes fully equipped with a water feature??

cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #25
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Like some others, my whole apartment is my cave. The floorplan is called Allegro, which is fitting due to the speed with which I moved into her. I was definitely not expecting it, but she's exactly what I needed.

When you come in, there's a tall narrow stairwell that takes you up. It's literally a transition from the world outside to the world inside and above everything. For the most part, it's quiet and no one bothers me here.

The kitchen, living room, dining room and computer area are all out in the open and I have a beautiful fireplace just inside the balcony door. Now that I have eclipse curtains up, the bedroom is a lovely place and there's a garden tub in the bath.

It's very charming and I can't wait until I have it exactly to my liking. She's coming alive, one piece at a time.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #26
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
Gemme, did you mention that YOUR femme cave comes fully equipped with a water feature??

Hahahaha.

Well, yes. That's the one thing I'm not super crazy about. There's an interior leak inside my bedroom. I've been assured, now that the maintenance staff is back at work and no longer sickly, that it will be fixed within a week.

Luckily, we're having some dry days so I'm appreciative.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 12:46 AM   #27
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

My best femme friend visited my cave this afternoon. We took a long walk and afterwards, she lay on the couch with this lightweight, black-, red- and gold-striped alpaca blanket I brought back from Ecuador, and sunk down into the pillows to drink her peppermint tea. She looked so beautiful! It was like she had been lounging on that couch for years. Now I see my place through her eyes, and it feels really good.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 12:57 AM   #28
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My house is very small. My bedroom is even smaller. I love it! My bed is ridiculously comfortable. It has lots of pictures on the wall and a beautiful quilt I bought with my Mom. It is very soothing and relaxing and I love it.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:16 AM   #29
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I have to say that just this evening, I was describing the bubbly happy feeling I had while lolling around in my bed.

I was going on and on to Gaige, about the comfort of the fluffy mattress pad, topped with silky soft sheets, two fluffy down comforters, and many fluffy pillows. So, I think that my bedroom has become the first wing of my femme cave.

The spare room will be the next area to be developed into a new femme cave wing, where I will have my jewelry making supplies perfectly organized, and accessible (which means no cats in that room).

Frankly, the roommate moving out, has convinced me that my entire house should be one big femme haven...
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2013, 11:36 PM   #30
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My femme cave is my closet. My special shoes are all stacked neatly in boxes, the rest are on shelves or on the floor (tennies and boots). My scarves are tied just above the shoe boxes, and my clothes are divided (pants, work shirts, skirts, dresses, casuals). My memory chest is in there with all my pictures, awards, newspaper articles, along with a few items that make me sad.

The essence of who I am is all in there, there amongst the heels and random musical instruments... I take my most private phone calls in there, and I absolutely hate to cry in front of people, so it's a safe spot for that too. You can tell my well-being by the state of my closet. If it's disheveled, so is my brain. It has to be put back together before I can feel normal again.

A big closet is a must-have for almost any femme, I'd think. Mine's quite divine.
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #31
Contessa

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Happy

Contessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST ReputationContessa Has the BEST Reputation

My whole place is a femme cave. I'm one of THOSE too..If you are allowed into my cave, you will be made quite comfy indeed. I've gone about making everything comfortable though of course, I'm still not done with my entire cave yet..Is a femme EVER done decorating or making things soft enough for her cave??? Can the thread count on the bed ever be high enough????
Contessa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Contessa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #32
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Thanked 3,221 Times in 666 Posts
femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation
Default This will do the job!

Awesome use of Blue Velvet : Check.
Perfect round ottoman: Check.
Fabulous seating: Check.

Lila Watson

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun, but you seek shade when its shining.
You say you love wind, but when its comes you close your window.
So that's why I'm scared, when you say you love me.

-- Bob Marley
femmeInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #33
midwest chick

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,678 Times in 338 Posts
midwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputationmidwest chick Has the BEST Reputation

I begin the new 'apartment adventure' soon...
My first thoughts were of a small one-bedroom, but I think I might have too much furniture (after I finish getting the rest of it from storage in the Midwest).

Now I'm back to thinking larger, with wood floors, and maybe having a guest room and bath.

This is actually starting to feel fun!
midwest chick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to midwest chick For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #34
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My whole farm is... but I really love my front porch.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #35
CherryBlonde

How Do You Identify?:
high femme babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she...her...Ms.
Relationship Status:
Single

CherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST ReputationCherryBlonde Has the BEST Reputation

If I had to pick a room, I would say it was my dressing room/walk in closet. It's large and it holds all my favorite things. I love love love shoes and clothes and jewelry. All things sparkling are welcome
Old 06-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #36
MsBluem

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones are fine
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 1,845 Times in 372 Posts
MsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST Reputation

I'm in the process of organizing my femme cave. Casa del Bluem has a full, mostly finished basement that's mostly populated by random odds and ends right now, but I recently came into ownership of this super sweet coffee table and am waiting to hear back from my grandma about this chair of hers I've wanted since I was young. Planning on painting the femme cave section of the basement some sort of TARDIS-y blue and it'll house most of my books, dvds and will probably have a hair and makeup center where my curious little girl can't come in contact with my high end products. Bless her heart, she "wants to look like mommy" but mommy has expensive things that aren't for little hands.
MsBluem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:47 PM   #37
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

My entire home is starting to become my femme cave, though my butch is welcome in the cave, and so far, seems to like what I'm doing...

For the first time, the house I purchased nearly 5 years ago (which will be paid off in 1.5 years!), is starting to look like I own it. I had not hung anything on the walls this entire time, added any plants or knickknacks, and I had only basic furniture items for comfort. So now, I am working through one room at a time (I've started with the living room, & front bathroom), and in recent weeks, I have been scouring the local thrift shops, yard sales, and craigslist for new items.

Each night, when I come home, and settle in for the evening, the decorating I've done really brings a smile of appreciation to my face.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #38
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Bump
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:00 AM   #39
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I'm craving some time in my Femme Cave lately. NaNoWriMo is coming up and I'd like to work on some short stories but my workbench is currently covered with projects and papers!!

ACK! I need an organization team!!

I have a bunch of little crafty things in random boxes all over the closet space and need to go through and group things together. Nothing like a box labeled "Doll Heads" peeking out from under a stack of old Playboys!! Lol
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #40
LexiLove

How Do You Identify?:
Fierce.Lesbian.Femme.Dyke.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.Her.Sweetums.
Relationship Status:
I have her...hoping to keep her

LexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST ReputationLexiLove Has the BEST Reputation

I am planning one for when we move to our apt in Mass. I would love a big loft room with soft lights, lots of yummy yarn for knitting, a place for all my metal work/beading/soaping stuff, and a stash of delicious books. Add a place for my dance pole, a kiln, and a cute place to sit and I would be in heaven.
LexiLove is offline   Reply With Quote