Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 10-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #21
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeak View Post
Oh, man, you guys. Didn't you know it isn't discrimination because a gay person can still marry someone of the opposite sex and get the same rights as a heterosexual? Ugh.

xosqueak, disenchanted x1,000,000

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #22
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
More GOP support having a strip-club at Ground Zero than a Mosque:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_756259.html
I'm not surprised. This is just the sort of thing that sexual repression does to folks.

Remember, the GOP is lead by people who keep getting caught in (same and opposite) sex scandals, practice serial marriage ("honey, I know you're kinda busy here in this hospital bed, but I want a divorce"), use taxpayer dollars to visit girlfriends in other countries, hold fundraisers at lesbian bondage clubs, and held a convention in Tampa, aka the Strip Club Capital of America.

linkyloo

The GOP is PINO - Puritanical in Name Only.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:12 AM   #23
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,321 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

saw this and had to post it. Dan Savage answered this woman way better than I ever could have!

October 14, 2010

Dear Dan: I was listening to the radio yesterday morning, and I heard an interview with you about your It Gets Better campaign. I was saddened and frustrated with your comments regarding people of faith and their perpetuation of bullying. As someone who loves the Lord and does not support gay marriage, I can honestly say I was heartbroken to hear about the young man who took his own life.
If your message is that we should not judge people based on their sexual preference, how do you justify judging entire groups of people for any other reason (including their faith)? There is no part of me that took any pleasure in what happened to that young man, and I know for a fact that is true of many other people who disagree with your viewpoint.
To that end, to imply that I would somehow encourage my children to mock, hurt, or intimidate another person for any reason is completely unfounded and offensive. Being a follower of Christ is, above all things, a recognition that we are all imperfect, fallible, and in desperate need of a savior. We cannot believe that we are better or more worthy than other people.
Please consider your viewpoint, and please be more careful with your words in the future.
—L.R.

Savage:
I'm sorry your feelings were hurt by my comments.
No, wait. I'm not. Gay kids are dying. So let's try to keep things in perspective: Fuck your feelings.
A question: Do you "support" atheist marriage? Interfaith marriage? Divorce and remarriage? All are legal, all go against Christian and/or traditional ideas about marriage, and yet there's no "Christian" movement to deny marriage rights to atheists or people marrying outside their respective faiths or people divorcing and remarrying.
Why the hell not?
Sorry, L.R., but so long as you support the denial of marriage rights to same-sex couples, it's clear that you do believe that some people—straight people—are "better or more worthy" than others.
And—sorry—but you are partly responsible for the bullying and physical violence being visited on vulnerable LGBT children. The kids of people who see gay people as sinful or damaged or disordered and unworthy of full civil equality—even if those people strive to express their bigotry in the politest possible way (at least when they happen to be addressing a gay person)—learn to see gay people as sinful, damaged, disordered, and unworthy. And while there may not be any gay adults or couples where you live, or at your church, or in your workplace, I promise you that there are gay and lesbian children in your schools. And while you can only attack gays and lesbians at the ballot box, nice and impersonally, your children have the option of attacking actual gays and lesbians, in person, in real time.
Real gay and lesbian children. Not political abstractions, not "sinners." Gay and lesbian children.
Try to keep up: The dehumanizing bigotries that fall from the lips of "faithful Christians," and the lies about us that vomit out from the pulpits of churches that "faithful Christians" drag their kids to on Sundays, give your children license to verbally abuse, humiliate, and condemn the gay children they encounter at school. And many of your children—having listened to Mom and Dad talk about how gay marriage is a threat to family and how gay sex makes their magic sky friend Jesus cry—feel justified in physically abusing the LGBT children they encounter in their schools. You don't have to explicitly "encourage [your] children to mock, hurt, or intimidate" queer kids. Your encouragement—along with your hatred and fear—is implicit. It's here, it's clear, and we're seeing the fruits of it: dead children.
Oh, and those same dehumanizing bigotries that fill your straight children with hate? They fill your gay children with suicidal despair. And you have the nerve to ask me to be more careful with my words?
Did that hurt to hear? Good. But it couldn't have hurt nearly as much as what was said and done to Asher Brown and Justin Aaberg and Billy Lucas and Cody Barker and Seth Walsh—day-in, day-out for years—at schools filled with bigoted little monsters created not in the image of a loving God, but in the image of the hateful and false "followers of Christ" they call Mom and Dad.
Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #24
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
More GOP support having a strip-club at Ground Zero than a Mosque:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_756259.html
Yanno..... this just about says it all! Msdemeanor puts the icing on the cake for the rest!

Sometimes, I really do wonder is something is in the water where these people reside. But right now, these nut cases are actually going to get elected to office! I am truly fearful at the moment with what is going on. Ya' think they all might drink some Kool-Aid?
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:55 AM   #25
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Do you have a link for the Dan Savage piece? I'd like to share it :-)
Old 10-23-2010, 01:20 PM   #26
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dan Savage letter

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/arc...ry-nothing-fun

I found the article and letter here.
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Galahad For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #27
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Thank you!!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 05:28 AM   #28
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Woman stomped outside Kentucky debate

(CNN) -- An employee with the liberal group Moveon.org was stomped on by a man wearing a "Rand Paul for Senate" T-shirt outside a televised debate in Lexington, Kentucky, Monday night, police said.

The incident took place before the debate between Republican Paul and Democrat Jack Conway.

In the video from CNN affiliate WDRB, several men wearing Rand Paul shirts or stickers are seen ripping a blonde wig off the head of Lauren Valle and pushing her to the ground. One of the men stomps on her shoulder with his foot, which then lands on the side of her head.

People were shouting "Get the cops. Get the police out here," during the incident.

Valle told WDRB that she was there to present Paul with an award from RepubliCorp. The MoveOn.org-created group focuses on what it calls the merger between corporate America and the Republican Party

"We're here to present Rand Paul with the 'Employee of the Month' award. However, his supporters were not very nice to me and my message which is the same as everyone else -- just wanted to get out here with a sign," Valle of East Falmouth, Massachusetts, told WDRB. "I got my head stepped on, so I have a bit of a headache."

Lexington police are investigating.

"We don't know the suspect. We're in the process of trying to review the video tapes," said Lt. Edward Hart. "Where this took place, there were no police officers."

All of the people who accosted Valle in the video are subject to charges, Hart said.

Valle, who complained of soreness to her temple, told police she would seek medical attention herself.

"Her purpose was to try to get a picture with Rand Paul with this [RepubliCorp] sign so it could be used to embarrass Rand Paul in commercials," Hart said, recounting what Valle told officers. She described herself as a contract employee with MoveOn.org.

Valle was wearing a "I'm a Rand Fan" sticker on her red hooded sweatshirt, the video showed.

The Paul campaign issued a statement, calling the altercation "incredibly unfortunate."

"Violence of any kind has no place in our civil discourse and we urge supporters on all sides to be civil to one another as tensions rise heading toward this very important election," the statement said.

The election is scheduled for Tuesday, November 2.

The incident in Lexington may not have been Valle's first venture into activism.

A Lauren Valle from Falmouth, Massachusetts, was arrested in May with six other Greenpeace activists in Port Fourchon, Louisiana, after painting anti-Arctic drilling signs on a ship Interior Secretary Ken Salazar was going to board in response to the BP oil disaster, CNN affiliate WWL reported.

In August 2008, a Lauren Valle was one of five members of Students for a Free Tibet detained in Beijing, China, for unfurling a "Free Tibet" banner in Olympic Park, the organization reported.

This is what got Lauren Valle arrested in 2008:

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 06:39 AM   #29
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Saw this footage of Rick Scott (Republican Gubernatorial candidate - who is winning at the polls)

It's pretty edited, so please keep that in mind.

So then I googled him.

Whistleblowers Say Rick Scott Knew About Medicare Fraud

FORT MYERS (2010-6-18) - Two whistleblowers say the new front-runner in the Republican race for governor is lying when he says he did not know about fraud in his former company, the Columbia/HCA hospital chain.

In July 1997, FBI agents raided Columbia/HCA accounting offices in seven states, including Florida. Within days, Columbia’s board of directors ousted Scott, but gave him a nearly $10 million severance package, including stock shares worth $300 million and a $1 million a year consulting contract.

The company wound up paying more than $1.7 billion for defrauding the federal Medicare and Medicaid programs.

Scott says he didn’t know about his company’s fraudulent billing practices and if he had, he’d have fired those responsible.

But company whistleblower John Schilling of Naples says Scott must be lying.

“He’s pulling the wool over your eyes if he says that he wasn’t aware of this and he would have fired anybody if he would have been aware of it. I think it’s a bunch of malarkey,” Schilling said.

Schilling worked for Columbia as a Medicare reimbursement supervisor in Fort Myers. His whistleblower case, along with others, helped put an end to the fraud and hold the company accountable.

Schilling first discovered the company’s fraudulent billing practices in 1993 after a call from a Medicare auditor about a cost reporting issue with Fawcett Memorial Hospital in Port Charlotte.

Schilling describes a meeting he had with Columbia administrators, during which he was instructed to “throw federal auditors off the track.” That included offering one of the auditors a job.

“They didn’t use the word conspire, but it was basically a conspiracy of, let’s think of some ideas and have John do this,” he said.

“Well, at the end of that to-do list, Jay Jarrell, the CFO said, ‘Well, if all else fails, let’s just offer the Medicare auditor a job with the company.’ And it was at that point, that I really started to feel sick to my stomach that, this is not right.

“You don’t want to offer a Medicare auditor a job. If this was a mistake, why are we trying to hide this?” he said.

Schilling left the company and filed a lawsuit on behalf of the federal government. Then Columbia began courting Schilling to come back. At this time, the FBI was already on the case – and Schilling says his life began to resemble a John Grisham novel.

“The FBI saw that it was a good opportunity for me to get back into the organization and kind of be their eyes and ears,” Schilling said.

He said the FBI wanted help with their search warrants and “just to kind of be that fly on the wall or spy within the organization,” he said.

“I worked my way back into the company. They had no idea I was a government informant,” he said.

Schilling’s case was merged with that of another whistleblower in Montana: former HCA hospital CFO Jim Alderson.

Alderson says he believes he was fired because of his refusal to abide by accounting practices that maintained two separate sets of books: one showing reimbursements submitted to Medicare, and another secret book documenting fraudulent claims that would be rejected if found by Medicare auditors.

The company maintained large reserve funds in case auditors ever discovered the false claims and had to pay up. Alderson says the practice was so widespread, that Scott had to know about it.

“These reserves represented anywhere from 25 to 35 percent of the bottom line of the company in its heyday,” Alderson said.

“It’s just totally unfeasible that a CEO making the kind of money he was making, that you wouldn’t know where 30 percent of your bottom line came from. How could you sit in a board room and say, ‘Gee, I wonder; we had record profits this year. I wonder where they came from?’”

Alderson says fraud also helped Scott grow the company at such a rapid rate.

“It’s a house of cards. From what we found in our case was Medicare defrauding paid for the acquisitions,” he said.

“They charged the Medicare program interest when they’d buy these other hospitals and that, in many cases, was not legal and that was a major part of our case,” Alderson said.

One of four Columbia/HCA executives convicted in the case was Bob Whiteside. He was later acquitted on appeal and says he still stands by Scott, his former boss.

Whiteside wouldn’t consent to a recorded interview. He says the billing practices didn’t start with Scott, but were adopted from one of the other companies acquired by Columbia.

Whiteside says the illegal activity was widespread within the healthcare industry, but since Columbia/HCA was the largest, the government made an example of it.

Schilling agrees that the fraud didn’t start with Columbia, but says Scott’s profit driven and cut-throat corporate culture encouraged the practice to grow. Schilling says administrators who met profit goals were rewarded with bonuses of 50 percent or more of their base salary.

“They took shortcuts, they did whatever it took to get to it because they were motivated by the money,” Schilling said.

“They had to meet certain profit margins and if they didn’t meet them, I tell you what, I saw several CEOs of hospitals or CFOs that got fired because they didn’t cut it,” he said.

Scott was never charged and says he was never questioned in the case. After leaving Columbia, he invested in a television network which became Discovery Health. He also co-founded Solantic Corporation; a chain of urgent care centers in Northeast Florida.

At an event in Tampa Friday, Scott characterized his former company's actions as a mistake.

"Sometimes, people make mistakes. And when you're CEO, you take responsibility - which I do - but you talk about the things you do well, which I do, and the things you've got to work on," Scott said.

"We drove down the cost of health care, we improved outcomes, we improved patient satisfaction. Could we have hired more internal auditors? You'd better believe it.

"But that's the difference. In business, if something goes wrong, you're held accountable. In government - think about all the things that've gone wrong. Have you seen politicians take responsibility? They don't. So what you want in a leader is you want someone who learns, and take those learnings, and applies it to any issue and takes responsibility," Scott said.

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
Old 10-27-2010, 09:21 AM   #30
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Tea Party-backed Candidate says that "Black men prefer dealing drugs to education"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_774432.html

I am kinda itching to gather up all of the articles where Tea Party-backed candidates say hideously racist and ignorant shit but Im afraid I might stroke out.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #31
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Rand Paul Supporter wants an apology from the woman whose head he stomped on:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_774614.html
Old 10-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #32
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down These People Are Gross

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 09:28 AM   #33
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Quote:

That truly is headspinning

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #34
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

I just read that on FB! What a jerk and I hope she presses charges!
Old 10-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #35
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
I just read that on FB! What a jerk and I hope she presses charges!

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:13 AM   #36
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm having this horrible, horrible visual of the Tea Partiers and Republicans winning all over the place....and then rounding all of us up and putting us on trains and shipping us to concentration camps......

GET OUT AND VOTE!!!!!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #37
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
His supporters seem worse. I have to say this has to be the most bizarre election cycle ever. I think Dr. Maddow was correct when she said that this particular election has the highest number of "extreme" candidates.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:28 AM   #38
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I commented on HP about that. I suspect that if he ended up on a jury where the crime was rape, he'd blame the victim too. He doesn't get that whether she was a paid instigator or not, she has the right to voice her opinion and not be silenced by others. If she did wrong, then the police could have easily arrested her. It wasn't his place to "stomp" on her like that.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #39
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Im thinking there is a parallel between all of the extremists and the recent rash of LGBT suicides. More visible hate and all.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #40
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Even scarier than what these extremists are saying and doing is that there are a shit load of folks who will vote for them.