Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 11-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #541
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

It is weird and a bit disturbing to see how different it is to vote in various parts of the country.

Here, there is no id requirement - they check your name off on the way in and on the way out. No need to prove who you are.

There are no restrictions r.e. bumper stickers or clothing or political buttons for people just there to vote.

Those who are out to stomp for candidates tho have to be several hundreds of feet from the entrance to the building.

Much more relaxed and welcoming to vote here.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #542
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Here you go folks - Election Map

Folks are voting in FL! Traffic backed up for miles to turn in ballots and people waiting in line for blocks to vote! Romney has the edge 49/48. Polls close in less than 2 hours here ! I'm glad I'm home today and not dealing with traffic getting anywhere and drunks tonight at work.

Currently Republicans have casted more votes in CO.

A small village in NH, population of 10, all voted together and results were 50/50.

Victims of Sandy are still getting out to vote and some using flashlights. Horrible but at least they are getting it done!

In PA, a voting machine was taken out of service for flipping votes of Obama to Romney.

Obama, "We have come to far to turn back now; finish what we started."
Romney, "Tomorrow we begin a new tomorrow."

Current toss ups include: Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Election freebies in your area? Here they are giving away free pizzas, organic tea and a Indivisible bracelet from Starbucks.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #543
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

thank you for the link ruff! it's super helpful. i haven't had a chance to look for results yet.

had a patient today who was two hours late for her appointment because she had to vote. i can't imagine what people are going through to vote right now. i was reading an article about a man in a nursing home who literally died and got cpr while voting and woke up and the first thing he asked before the ambulance took him away was if he finished voting (he did). i heard on the radio while on the bus about folks in staten island who are going through all kinds of crazy shit to be able to vote even with the horrific storms.

i am so so grateful that i was able to mail in my ballot a couple of weeks ago and so so grateful for every person who is going through so much to be able to vote today. i don't get all teary and patriotic much - i'm pretty conflicted about being teary and patriotic in general - but this definitely makes me feel a sense of connection and gratitude with other people in this country.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #544
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

The first polls are getting ready to close people!

7:00 pm: Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, Florida

7:30 pm: North Carolina, Ohio, West Virginia
The Following User Says Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #545
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default .....

Damn nervous.....

God help us if NIT WIT MITT wins.

Fingers crossed trying to have faith in our voters.
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #546
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

It seems the economy has been the top issue among those who voted today.

so far we are 58/40 Romney with 3 states reporting.