Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 11-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:
Bitch has no more excuses now.

Thanked 2,785 Times in 499 Posts
BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation
Default In Our Backyard.

While on facebook, I came across something that someone Julie and I know posted or "shared". It was a small message dealing with a woman who was beaten, and by beaten I mean nearly to death, on Thanksgiving Day in Mobile, Alabama. That's basically Julie and mine's backyard, right across the bay.

At first it just seemed a fucked up random act of violence but over the course of a day or so it's come out that the woman was dating a girl and when going over to girlfriend's house for Thanksgiving dinner, the girlfriend's brother proceeded to beat her to point of causing a brain bleed along with breaking both cheeks among other stuff.

Upon further investigating, I realized two very, very disturbing things. One, he was charged with second degree assault because under Alabama laws, in order for it to be attempted murder or even first degree assault a weapon has to be used and "fists" are not considered deadly weapons. Two, there is a hate crime statute in the state of Alabama but it does not include gays or lesbians. At all.

Below is link to one of several articles talking about the assault. I am deeply bothered by this on a human and gay level. I have been on the receiving end of fists, among other things, a few times growing up because of who and what I am. Never as severe as this though. I don't think I can even begin to express the anger and sadness I feel from this so just going to end this with link to this story.

http://www.advocate.com/crime/2012/1...anksgiving-day

Thanks For Listening,
Brute.
BrutalDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
skeeter_01

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you!
Relationship Status:
Sleeping single in a double bed..

skeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputation

I saw the story on FB today...it sickened me...i just can't even believe NO one in his family tried to stop him! They should all be held accountable too..Lot's of prayers and white lite heading to this poor kid...she never saw it coming...

Texting while driving is a real KILLER!!!

‎"It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together...but it takes only one nut to scatter them all over the highway..."
Jeff PARAMEDIC
skeeter_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skeeter_01 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:

BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

I'm bumping this thread because there is a petition that is being circulated and then sent to Ashley Rich, the DA of Mobile. It's a request for the charge to be raised from second degree assault to either first degree assault or attempted murder.

I understand it will be very hard for the DA to do because Alabama law states that any assault that is not commited with an actual "weapon" is considered second degree unless death occurs. The law states that fists are not considered deadly weapons. Same applies to the attempted murder charge. As far as the hate crime statute goes, the hate crime laws of Alabama do not include gays, lesbians, transgendered, etc. Everything else yes, just not us.

There is a way for her to have the charge ramped up to a hate crime status if the evidence can clearly show that it was in fact a hate crime (I for one feel it does but I'm basing this off emotion and not evidence and I do not know what all the evidence is). She can call in the FBI and then it will become a federal case. There was a very dear friend of mine that was murdered a few years back by the name of Scotty Weaver. I knew him personally and lemme tell you, that boy had more love in his heart then anyone. He was gay and probably one of the most beautiful drag queens I have ever known. He was murdered. Then gasoline poured on his face and set afire. I won't go into the hour by hour details of what happened to him but I will say this, the DA of Baldwin County at the time, called in the FBI because he felt it was a hate crime. He put his own pride to the side and gave up control so the charges could be bumped up to hate crime and his killer is in prison for a very long time. The DA of Mobile needs to do the same, in my opinion.

The laws also need to be changed to include ALL citizens in protection from such hatred and ignorance.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble and here is the link for the petition. Thanks for taking time to read this and look at link.

http://www.change.org/petitions/mobi...-jr-to-justice

Sincerely,
Brute.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

i seen it on FB and shared it to my wall..... and signed the petition ...
i feel so bad for that poor girl..... and the ass wipe is out on bail.
and does it say anything about the GF ??? wondering how she is dealing with it all.

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:

Haven't seen anything about the girlfriend or her family. I do think they should be charged in some way for just standing by while they let the beating happen but again, I base this off my own emotions of disgust and anger rather then knowing all the facts.

Just hard cause it's so close to home and just another reminder of the large gap of equality for those who are straight versus those who are gay. But that is life and it's something Julie and I work on every single time we come across someone who doesn't "get us". By the time they get to know us, they realize we're no different then they are in nearly every aspect of our lives. Even had some have that "doh" moment where they wanna slap themselves on the forehead when they get that the pre-conceived notion isn't accurate for everyone. That is how we try to change people's perceptions and opinions, one mind at a time. We change that one mind, hopefully that one mind goes out and talks with two or three minds, and so on.

Hoping Something Is Done,
Brute.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

i pray for mallory. makes me cry. it's just not right. makes me angry. ignorance and jealousy is a haters bliss. i'm truly sorry to hear about this happening.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote