Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
COLLETTE, couldn't you just hire a service to shovel? God when I was a kid, I'd trudge all around our small town and seek out shoveling jobs. I guess kids don't do that anymore.
I love that picture.

You, as a small butch, carrying your shovel and knocking on doors.

It's a really nice vision.

I guess kids really don't do that anymore.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2017, 12:47 PM   #1222
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Dear Wife and I took in the Van Morrison concert last night, at Ceasar's Palace. It's been years and years since I last attended a concert there.....like 1984 or so?? Oh yeah, I saw Diana Ross there, live, and that was something I will never forget. Wow!!! Anyway, it was a packed audience and we had great seats!! Dear Wife and I have been to quite a few concerts together, and we've really enjoyed them. Most recently, we've seen Jimmy Buffett (MGM Arena) and Garth Brooks, with Trisha Yearwood, at the T-Mobile Arena. These artists gave some really great performances, engaging the audience and really entertaining like they really enjoyed it and the audience. The more worked up the audience got, the more the band got into it. It was truly fun and entertaining and contributed to the "live" experience.

This morning, however, I woke with Mr. Morrison on my mind. The concert was great, mind you, but very different from the concerts I'm used to going to. Van didn't interact with his audience, hardly at all, last night. No "Hey folks, it's great to be in Las Vegas, etc.", or any kind of verbal acknowledgement of his audience. The lights went up, he came on stage, grabbed the mic and started singing. The songs went one by one, one after another, almost without missing a beat and Van sang without missing a beat. He did a fraction of his well-known repertoire and never hit "Brown Eyed Girl" or "Tupelo Honey" (my personal favorite). It was really weird. This went on for an hour and a half. At then end, he did manage to do a rousing rendition of "Gloria", but then he started to walk off stage, then return a few moments later. After a couple of times of doing that, he walked off stage and didn't return. A guy came out from "stage left" and said something to the keyboardist. The band kept playing and did a helluva great job, but no more Van. Finally, after the band finished the last note, the house lights came up and it was time to leave. No more from Van. We didn't see him again.

On the way out, everyone was looking at each other and saying, "REALLY???". Dear Wife and I were thinking the same thing and looking at each other. Never had we ever been to a live concert and experienced anything like this. I got to wondering if Mr. Morrison was okay. He's no young man anymore, yanno. The guy is 71 years old and probably tired. No telling how long he's been on tour or what his real state of health is. We just hope he's okay. He's on my mind today as I wish him the best. I've enjoyed his music for many, many years.

It was just strange.

~Theo~
Old 01-15-2017, 01:37 PM   #1223
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

From what I've learned from other people I know personally in the music trade (recording studio owners, promoters, booking agents, et al), is that once an artist (music, film or any other type of art creator) signs a contract, they have to fulfill that contract, even if their health and life is impacted by those particular restraints.

It's not easy watching this kind of stuff go down, but I'm guessing that maybe contractual agreements might be largely part of this particular scenario ... among other types of issues concerning artists in the music trade or film industry, etc.

Glad to hear you and your wife went to a concert, Theo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
Dear Wife and I took in the Van Morrison concert last night, at Ceasar's Palace. It's been years and years since I last attended a concert there.....like 1984 or so?? Oh yeah, I saw Diana Ross there, live, and that was something I will never forget. Wow!!! Anyway, it was a packed audience and we had great seats!! Dear Wife and I have been to quite a few concerts together, and we've really enjoyed them. Most recently, we've seen Jimmy Buffett (MGM Arena) and Garth Brooks, with Trisha Yearwood, at the T-Mobile Arena. These artists gave some really great performances, engaging the audience and really entertaining like they really enjoyed it and the audience. The more worked up the audience got, the more the band got into it. It was truly fun and entertaining and contributed to the "live" experience.

This morning, however, I woke with Mr. Morrison on my mind. The concert was great, mind you, but very different from the concerts I'm used to going to. Van didn't interact with his audience, hardly at all, last night. No "Hey folks, it's great to be in Las Vegas, etc.", or any kind of verbal acknowledgement of his audience. The lights went up, he came on stage, grabbed the mic and started singing. The songs went one by one, one after another, almost without missing a beat and Van sang without missing a beat. He did a fraction of his well-known repertoire and never hit "Brown Eyed Girl" or "Tupelo Honey" (my personal favorite). It was really weird. This went on for an hour and a half. At then end, he did manage to do a rousing rendition of "Gloria", but then he started to walk off stage, then return a few moments later. After a couple of times of doing that, he walked off stage and didn't return. A guy came out from "stage left" and said something to the keyboardist. The band kept playing and did a helluva great job, but no more Van. Finally, after the band finished the last note, the house lights came up and it was time to leave. No more from Van. We didn't see him again.

On the way out, everyone was looking at each other and saying, "REALLY???". Dear Wife and I were thinking the same thing and looking at each other. Never had we ever been to a live concert and experienced anything like this. I got to wondering if Mr. Morrison was okay. He's no young man anymore, yanno. The guy is 71 years old and probably tired. No telling how long he's been on tour or what his real state of health is. We just hope he's okay. He's on my mind today as I wish him the best. I've enjoyed his music for many, many years.

It was just strange.

~Theo~
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 03:20 AM   #1224
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Charlie Parker. I fell asleep to the radio last night and that was playing when I woke up.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2017, 07:54 AM   #1225
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

A bad dream I had. The details could be triggery for others, so I won't post it.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2017, 06:47 AM   #1226
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

My bed is soooo super comfy cozy....

(I will only be sleeping in my bed 2 days a week now)
Old 01-29-2017, 07:54 AM   #1227
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I didn't take my makeup off.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2017, 06:19 PM   #1228
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Why is my cat being so cute, cuddly and friendly this morning, is he out of food?
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2017, 06:51 AM   #1229
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

I should remind my manager to finish my performance review (it was due January 1).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: