Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 02-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
Cid

How Do You Identify?:
ultra femme princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, lady..whichever
Relationship Status:
waiting for the right one

Thanked 2,731 Times in 632 Posts
Cid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST Reputation
Default Does anyone know about spiritual healing?

I went to a psychic on the weekend and she was telling me that she does emotional healing as well as physical. She saw that the problems (verbal and physical abuse) started when I was very young and that is what is holding me back from meeting someone and falling in love.
She said that what she does is extract things from my memory. I don't know if it's the things that happened or just the pain of it all. But what I'm worried about is that, am I a lesbian because of my past or genetics? And if it's because of my past, does that mean that I'd go back to men? Because if that's the case, I don't want the healing.

Does anyone know about this kind of thing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,
it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cid For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

i believe in pray. i believe in god. and i believe that i should only speak for myself as far as spiritual healing, ... it comes from god and through people from god. i say give your worries to god.

i'm sorry that you carry this mental burden. i sincerely hope that you find what you are looking for.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,128 Times in 306 Posts
Virago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
I went to a psychic on the weekend and she was telling me that she does emotional healing as well as physical. She saw that the problems (verbal and physical abuse) started when I was very young and that is what is holding me back from meeting someone and falling in love.
She said that what she does is extract things from my memory. I don't know if it's the things that happened or just the pain of it all. But what I'm worried about is that, am I a lesbian because of my past or genetics? And if it's because of my past, does that mean that I'd go back to men? Because if that's the case, I don't want the healing.

Cid, the future so often means change will occur, and whether for the good or the bad, change can be scarey. I believe that is why the universe gave us the gift of Not knowing our futures.
There might never be a way to know why we all became the people we are now, or why we made the choices in our past to get us to our present. If being with women is what makes you happy, then whatever the reason was that caused it shouldn't take away that happiness. In other words, if green is your favorite color, going through this healing process most likely won't change that to purple (most likely)
But change might not mean giving up what we now love to find something else. Change might just mean being open to whatever might electrify that happiness bone in us.
Follow your healing. Happiness is a rare and elusive thing for so many. If you happen to be one of those who succeed in finding it, know you are blessed.
Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
feminality

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She Her
Relationship Status:
Living Life and Loving It !!!

Thanked 1,143 Times in 318 Posts
feminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Wow... This is my opinion on this .. I my self was verbally and sexually abused as a child ... but my past is not what made me a lesbian, I was born this way. So the abuse that was dealt to me didn't make me gay .... How much is she going to charge you for this so called emotional healing ??? Cid I am a very spiritual person Not to be confused with Religious... I believe in Healers ... there job is to guide you through your process ... not heal you... There is a prayer I recite ... ALOT!! its hard to explain and I hate to take things out of context so I will post the whole thing and highlight the part I want you to take to heart ...

Listen to the words of the Great Mother, who of old was called Artemis, Astarte, Dione, Melusine, Aphrodite, Ceridwen, Diana, Arionrhod, Brigid and by many other names:

"Whenever you have need of anything,
once in the month,
and better when the moon is full,
you shall assemble in some secret place
and adore the spirit of Me
who is Queen of all the Wise.
You shall be free from slavery,
and as a sign that you be free
you shall be naked in your rites.
Sing, feast, dance, make music and love,
all in My presence,
for Mine is the ecstasy of the spirit
and Mine also is joy on earth.
For My law is love unto all beings.
Mine is the secret
that opens upon the door of youth,
and Mine is the cup of wine of life,
that is the Cauldron of Ceridwen
that is the holy grail of immortality.
I give the knowledge of the spirit eternal
and beyond death I give peace and freedom
and reunion with those that have gone before.
Nor do I demand aught of sacrifice,
for behold,
I am the mother of all things
and My love is poured upon the earth."
Hear the words of the Star Goddess,
the dust of whose feet are the hosts of heaven,
whose body encircles the universe:
"I who am the beauty of the green earth
and the white moon among stars
and the mysteries of the waters,
I call upon your soul to arise
and come unto me.
For I am the soul of nature
that gives life to the universe.
From Me all things proceed
and unto Me they must return.
Let My worship be in the heart that rejoices,
for behold—
all acts of love and pleasure are My rituals.
Let there be beauty and strength,
power and compassion,
honor and humility,
mirth and reverence within you.
SIZE][/FONT]
And you who seek to know Me,
know that your seeking and yearning
will avail you not,
unless you know the Mystery:
for if that which you seek,
you find not within yourself,
you will never find it without.

[/COLOR]For behold,
I have been with you
from the beginning,
and I am that which is attained
at the end of desire.

Cid...1. Unless you heal from the abuse ... (You have to do the work no one else can do it for you) you will never be whole ...
2. You must love YOU first ... You must be happy with you ... before you can recieve these things from someone else ... I will say it again in a little different way ... That in which you can not find with in you ... you will never find with out *S* .... Healing is what is keeping you from finding the love of your life .. And there is no Doctor ... No Psychic that can do this for you..

Again this is just my take on this ... and in no way have I intended to offend anyone ..
Good Luck on your journey ....

“A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left.”
― Marilyn Monroe
feminality is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to feminality For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #5
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,247 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Admittedly, I know nothing about spiritual healing, but if you are going to root out things from your past to heal, make sure you have support IRL and that this person knows how to handle flashbacks and your emotions. I hate to sound skeptical, but I fear that nearly anyone could call themselves a psychic. They are not trained in psychology or abuse issues, and I would be very careful going forward with her.

I can tell you from experience that having memories come up is a frightening, lonely experience. Doing this work can cause your world to cave in for a time. I'm not trying to discourage you-it's very freeing and a time of tremendous growth-but not to be taken lightly or with just anyone who hangs their sign out.

As for your question, if abuse turned women gay, there would be a whole lot more of us out there. I personally believe we're born gay. I don't believe you will "go back" to men and I would run from anyone who suggested that was any kind of goal. What I hope happens for you is that you will have relationships of all kinds on a much healthier level in time.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Healing

I am part native and our way to heal the spirit is to be smudged with sage and taken into a sweat lodge to cleanse our mind and body.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,128 Times in 306 Posts
Virago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST Reputation

I agree with what the others said about being careful about this or any Psychic. Be sure you are being guided to your own truth, and not the truth this person wants you to have.
That would be true about any Psychiatrist or Psychologist also
Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #8
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation
Default Call me cynical...

but I think feminality called it when she asked how much money does this person want to charge you. It was the first thought that ran through my mind.

Do what you feel is right for you, but please proceed with a healthy skepticism!

Last edited by Smiling; 02-13-2013 at 03:48 PM. Reason: incorrect spacing.
Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Smiling For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #9
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge-Smile View Post
but I think feminality called it when she asked how much money does this person want to charge you. It was the first thought that ran through my mind.

Do what you feel is right for you, but please proceed with a healthy skepticism!

Total agreement.

People in pain are easy targets. We give out a lot of signals and clues when we're in hurting bad, and the wrong person can easily use them to manipulate us.

I don't know how to verify a psychic's credibility (maybe someone else does).

A therapist or psychologist etc., you can make sure they're board certified, maybe check for malpractice, ask where they trained, what's they're philosophy, etc.

But a psychic? Maybe you can see if the Better Business Bureau has any complaints against them. Or your local Chamber of Commerce. Like I said, someone else might have better ideas.

You owe it to yourself to be an informed consumer. Just as you would check out any medical person about to put their hands on or in your body, I would advise checking out any non-traditional healer who wants to put their hands on your heart.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #10
peachy

How Do You Identify?:
Me

peachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputation

I've had spiritual healing. Some healers are more gifted than others. Some are kinder than others. Some are very psychic but not very kind. Some are kind and gifted in one area, and not so great in another area. I find client testimonials are a good place to start to give me an idea of how good they are. Most good healers will have testimonials on their website. Also whether the healer makes me feel comfortable or not. People who can sense subtle energies can often give insights that can be really helpful. It is good to be aware though that although someone may posess an extraordinary gift, they are still just ordinary people in most ways. Knowing what is best for us comes from deep inside us. Do I see a healer or do I go for a walk in the fresh air? Which thing is best for me today? Only I can listen to where my heart wants me to go.

The healing process takes us to a lighter, brighter place but like someone else said, difficult feelings and memories can surface. They may take time and skill to work through so it is good to have a healer you trust to have what it takes to help you through the next part.

As for worrying you may revert to men, the opposite happened for me. Following a traumatic childhood I held my sexuality in denial and went onto have relationships with men. Deeply unhappy ones. Later as an adult I went through a deep healing process and had a great big sexual awakening. I experienced the sensation of sexual desire for the first time when I realised I wanted to be with a woman. It was like finding a missing part of myself and being set free and it felt great.

Healing is about becoming more comfortable with our sexuality and I wouldn't expect that you would suddenly find yourself going towards sexual behaviours that you would find distasteful. In my opinion yes your sexual feelings may well change in some way but it should be in a way which makes you more contented.

I have seen various therapists and healers over the years and by far the most effective treatment I have had for trauma, in fact it blew all the others out of the water easily, was EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). This is a phenomenal energy therapy that works amazingly fast. It is easy to do yourself for free too. The site www.emofree.com has all the resources you need to get started. Although you can do this alone it is good to have support if you know there is buried trauma there. Again when it comes to EFT practitioners I would look at testimonials and also whether I click with them. I would also ask them the question about how it might affect my sexuality and see if I am satisfied by their answer or if it feels wrong, look elsewhere.

I hope this helps and good luck with all of it :-)

p

Caution: contains hard stone
peachy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peachy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #11
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,857 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

First,i want to say that I am speaking and thinking from a personal perspective, as if, it were myself, in your shoes.
Well, I read this last paragraph and the first thing that comes to my mind is this...that no amount of emotional healing, spiritual healing or the extraction of the past from my memory...would change my sexual orientation or who I am physically attracted to.
So, personally, I would not be concerned with a change in who I am innately attracted to based on any type of healing. I will say this...I have never been confused about what gender I am attracted to...and don't believe that any kind of anything at all could change that. Seriously. So, I consider myself lucky in that respect.
I suppose trying to heal and grow is the best course of action regardless of the outcome.

I have more than a few thoughts about this and would possibly venture to share more...but, I will keep it simple.

Good Luck
DMW
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #12
Cid

How Do You Identify?:
ultra femme princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, lady..whichever
Relationship Status:

Cid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST Reputation

I really appreciate everyone's help here. It's so great to know that when I'm not sure about something, I can come here and get the help that I'm looking for.

The thing I should explain too is that I haven't always been gay. I never felt it or acted on it until I turned 40. It was at that time that the man who molested me (I don't even remember how long it went on for because I blocked it out) died. And when that happened everything that I kept back for so many years came out. It started with anxiety and followed up with depression. After coming out of that (with medication) things began to change. I never wanted sex with my husband and I felt like I was very much alone. It was then that a woman came into my life and turned it upside down. I fell deeply in love with her and felt more secure than I've ever felt with anyone. Funny thing is that I never even had sex with her. It was just a feeling of belonging.

That didn't work out, but my marriage ended and I found someone else. That lasted 7 years off and on. But for most of that time I felt like I wasn't with the person that I fit with.

Now I'm left standing here wondering where I fit and not knowing how to get there. I've been to psychiatrists and they were all useless. They push the meds but don't really help with the work.

This is pretty much my last resort. This woman is someone my friend has studied under before and she's quite accurate on many things. A girl at work went to see her and the psychic told her that she would be pregnant in 38 or 39 weeks. This girl isn't married and was trying NOT to get pregnant. She was pregnant in 38 weeks exactly.

Thanks so much for your input. And peachypie, I will look up that link, thank you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cid For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #13
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

I do not let people I do not know well or do not come very highly recommended muck around in my mind, body, soul or chi (energy).......PERIOD. Even if I know them or they are highly recommended, it's not likely they will muck around with my stuff.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #14
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
I do not let people I do not know well or do not come very highly recommended muck around in my mind, body, soul or chi (energy).......PERIOD. Even if I know them or they are highly recommended, it's not likely they will muck around with my stuff.

Excellent point.
Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smiling For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #15
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

By the way.......there is absolutely no peer reviewed science to support this psychic stuff. I can do many of the things they do by paying attention and asking the right questions.........and trust me.........I got no psychic abilities IF it even exists.
I will not assimilate

The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #16
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I think it's been mentioned a couple times, that testimonials on the psychic's website are a valid measure of their credibility.

I couldn't disagree more.

The psychic could be writing the testimonials his- or herself, or only selecting positive ones, thus skewing their overall message.

The only valid measure of a service provider's credibility and talent and ethics etc. is by an outside agency, based on standards you agree with.

Even then, you have to assess who the outside agency is, and make sure they don't have a vested interest, even if it's indirect.

I don't mean to be aparty pooper!!! I think it's great to be open to whatever help is out there—heart open, but eyes too.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:35 AM   #17
peachy

How Do You Identify?:
Me

peachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputationpeachy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I really appreciate everyone's help here. It's so great to know that when I'm not sure about something, I can come here and get the help that I'm looking for.

The thing I should explain too is that I haven't always been gay. I never felt it or acted on it until I turned 40. It was at that time that the man who molested me (I don't even remember how long it went on for because I blocked it out) died. And when that happened everything that I kept back for so many years came out. It started with anxiety and followed up with depression. After coming out of that (with medication) things began to change. I never wanted sex with my husband and I felt like I was very much alone. It was then that a woman came into my life and turned it upside down. I fell deeply in love with her and felt more secure than I've ever felt with anyone. Funny thing is that I never even had sex with her. It was just a feeling of belonging.

That didn't work out, but my marriage ended and I found someone else. That lasted 7 years off and on. But for most of that time I felt like I wasn't with the person that I fit with.

Now I'm left standing here wondering where I fit and not knowing how to get there. I've been to psychiatrists and they were all useless. They push the meds but don't really help with the work.

This is pretty much my last resort. This woman is someone my friend has studied under before and she's quite accurate on many things. A girl at work went to see her and the psychic told her that she would be pregnant in 38 or 39 weeks. This girl isn't married and was trying NOT to get pregnant. She was pregnant in 38 weeks exactly.

Thanks so much for your input. And peachypie, I will look up that link, thank you.
I can identify with all of that Cid, the feeling of belonging, the disillusion with mainstream professionals, the turning to something you don't understand as a last resort and feeling uncertain. I've been in all those places. And you are more than welcome.

Your journey now finds you dipping your toe into the realms of what some people call Energy Medicine. If you are interested in science, Rupert Sheldrake, Masaru Emoto, Candace Pert, David R Hamilton, Larry Dossey, Bruce Lipton, are just a few of the Drs and scientists I can think of off the top of my head who are out there investigating and talking about this approach to health and wellbeing. If you prefer a more esoteric approach, Eckhart Tolle, Anita Moorjani and Shakti Gawain may be worth a look. I personally like a bit of both.

Re. the anxiety/depression/medication St John's Wort is a herbal remedy that can be pretty good for that. Apparently it is prescribed by GPs in Germany but in England you need to buy it over the counter. It has been very effective for me for both periods of anxiety and depression. I did some research on dosage trials and chose to take a higher dose than stated on the pack. There is at least one St John's Wort discussion board I know of and that had some useful info. on.

Peace from Peachy ;-)

Last edited by peachy; 02-16-2013 at 03:40 AM. Reason: spelling!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peachy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #18
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

peachypie..........Do you have any links to any studies that have been published by those guys you mentioned?

St John's wart is pretty well known. Data supports it, however there is a caution concerning your liver. If you have a bad liver do not take this herb. If your liver is fine and you want to take it, you might consider taking milk thistle with it. Milk thistle has liver protective and healing qualities because it contains silymarin. Valerian tea is good for calming you down and does not have any liver toxicity issues.

Remember herbs can interact with other herbs and/or pharmaceuticals and can be bad enough to kill you.

edited to add: I actually met Dr. Pert when I worked in HIV/AIDS research, so I don't need anything about her. She had some interesting ideas about HIV treatment that unfortunately did not pan out.
I will not assimilate

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2013, 05:20 AM   #19
peachy

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
peachypie..........Do you have any links to any studies that have been published by those guys you mentioned?
Hi Toughy, not from memory I'm afraid. Perhaps contact any people you are interested in directly and go from there. I think they all have websites, and they have all written several books which are probably listed on amazon. Sorry I can't be more help there.

I've just seen your comments re. you can do what psychics do, and that you don't let anyone mess around with your chi and just wanted to say you raised two very important points. I agree everyone can do 'psychic'. How people experience that aspect of themselves varies widely, just as everyone's has different artistic leanings or intellect.

I also, like you, do not recommend letting anyone mess around with your chi :-) I chose my healing facilitators extremely carefully. Spiritual healing, bio-energy healing whatever anyone wants to call it is as intimate as getting into bed with someone.

So if I'm doing it with someone they better be an angel... :-)

pp

Last edited by peachy; 02-17-2013 at 05:46 AM. Reason: reread the thread
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peachy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2013, 07:00 AM   #20
Cid

How Do You Identify?:
ultra femme princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, lady..whichever
Relationship Status:

I'd like to update the psychic experience that I had. One of the things that she talked about was there was an issue with my thyroid. I kinda just put that aside and never really took that part very seriously.
I went to the doctor this past Friday and she told me there's an issue with my thyroid.
I won't doubt anything again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cid For This Useful Post: