Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
I get that.

For me, I've tried to keep the 2 things separate.

I enjoy watching MeatLoaf and Gary Busey integrate.

Oh I love that it's for charity, but it's still, in the long run, for Trump since he's the toupee spokesmodel. Sad. I've actually never watched the show other than trailers/commercials. I'm not much for reality (although SOMEONE got me hooked on RuPaul's Drag Race and I'm a huge AI person now. LOL)
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #22
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

I shoulda put RuPaul in the Poll

"Bush and Bush, its time to LipSync...for yer life...and don't fuck it up"

heehee

Old 04-26-2011, 01:05 AM   #23
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

I watched the first few seasons. It was something completely different in the reality TV genre and I enjoyed it. I can't say that I knew much about him before the show so it was interesting to see him interact with contestants, the justifications he used for various things, etc. Back then, he didn't come across to me as the out of control, egomaniac, whack job that he has since become. I think I stopped watching shortly after the first Celebrity season.

I honestly can't see him running as the Republican candidate. I really doubt they would let that happen. I think if he does run, it will be as an independent, ala Perot, and I honestly think that could only be a blessing to the Dems.

I also think that people (in general) and the Donald (specifically) are pretty clueless when it comes to the ability of the POTUS to actually do things. If it was as easy as "When I'm President, I'll fix things because I'll be the President and the President can make stuff like that happen" then all the stuff that should have been fixed all along wouldn't still be broken.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #24
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
I have a question for those who watch any of The Apprentice shows.

Why?

Do you know that you are supporting him by doing that?

Even peripherally you are telling the network moguls that he's interesting enough to tape or watch.

That's money in the political bank, y'all.

The ratings for the show have gone way up since he began this garbage. And reports are that his only real income is from the show.

I can proudly state I have never watched it. I don't watch "reality TV" shows. I guess some, like DWTS might be good, but, I just don't watch them.

Can you imagine what the rest of the world would think about Trump actually being the GOP candidate for president? Although, he does represent the type of US personality that many countries dislike about us.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 11:41 AM   #25
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Can you imagine what the rest of the world would think about Trump actually being the GOP candidate for president? Although, he does represent the type of US personality that many countries dislike about us.

Well I do love some food reality and Project Runway mesmerized me.

:Tongue firmly in cheek: It might be entertaining to have:

U.N. Apprentice

Can the Emperor of Japan outwit Ghaddafi in order to win a place at Trump's U.N. Table? Watch the nuclear fireworks to see!
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #26
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
The ratings for the show have gone way up since he began this garbage. And reports are that his only real income is from the show.

I can proudly state I have never watched it. I don't watch "reality TV" shows. I guess some, like DWTS might be good, but, I just don't watch them.

That statement is untrue.
Reports are propaganda.

Because he is extremely vague about it, for one.

BUT, he will have to open his closet of secrets soon.

Then we will all know,
and we'll pretend we cared in the first place.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #27
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post

That statement is untrue.
Reports are propaganda.

Because he is extremely vague about it, for one.

BUT, he will have to open his closet of secrets soon.

Then we will all know,
and we'll pretend we cared in the first place.

Oh, you have a point- lots of "reports" floating around- didn't say I believed this- just that it is being reported. I think Trump has some dough, but not as "trumped-up" as he would like us to believe.

Yes, if he actually rund for the GOP nomination- there will be disclosures. To be honest, I don't believe he will end up in the primaries.

And now, he has Franklin Graham for support! GeeZuuuuussssss!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:36 PM   #28
nikebutch110

How Do You Identify?:
butch

nikebutch110 is on a distinguished road
Default just my thoughts...

1st. of al he's a gemini...under the sign of the twins u can see both sides all the time...secondly...once on his show...concerning homosexuality...he said the best line i ever heard...'Thats why they have menus..." meaning every1 has different 'tastes'
-
i felt bad for rosie...but i dont think it wuz a gay thing...more of a personality clash...dunno all the facts...
nikebutch110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #29
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

I think my main problem with all of the press Trump is getting is the "Birther" garbage. I just cannot come up with anything other than racism as why and how this entire "movement" got started.

FerGoddessesSake, John Mc Cain could have had more of an issue with his birthplace (Panama Canal Zone)! Few remember this when he got the GOP nomination for the '08 race. White vs. Black??? I think so.

Also, ALL presidential candidates have as part of their "war chest," line items for legal representation. Mc Cain and Obama spent money via this election part of their "budgets" on birthplace facts. Interesting how Obama's birthplace has stuck in this insanity.

A link for an 2008 article about McCain's birthplace-

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/wo....10514626.html

Sometimes I do wonder if a person like Trump could actually get into a presidential race as a true threat, a viable candidate. I wonder because of the kind of stuff happening with the tea Party factor and birthers, etc. Also because of just how frustrated people are with things and what the "common" person has been going through economically on top of all of the swindling on Wall Street and in the housing sector.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #30
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Trump is an ass regardless of how you dress him!
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 02:29 PM   #31
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Well, Trump apparently just called President Obama "not Ivy league material" in a recent interview. I guess he missed the part where President Obama graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law.

Someone needs to plug that foghorn up.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #32
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

More distraction from the facts, still no jobs, still paying the price for BP, still in economic slump, and all the while LGBT rights being held back if not overturned. There is more to keep one occupied than the rants of a mad man.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #33
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
More distraction from the facts, still no jobs, still paying the price for BP, still in economic slump, and all the while LGBT rights being held back if not overturned. There is more to keep one occupied than the rants of a mad man.
And gas prices! My closest friend that lives in WA was going to visit me during the Summer, but she may not because of this. Hell, she even has a car that gets good mpg, but is a teacher and very budget-minded (raised 2 kids alone, too). Maybe I will go see her. Been too long since we sat and yakked in person.

I agree, Corkey, many problems in the US that need serious attention. The budget discussions and the assault on MediCare is very serious.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #34
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

He has a very long entrepreneurial history dating well beyond 20 years during booms and recessions. Back then he knew how to play that game but the rules of those games have changed. No one does business the way they use to and marketing has drastically changed with the economy and technology. During his mega era most men like him act like that, Now he's old, his game plan changed and although his ego still in tact he replies on minions to market him. Of course its about the ratings. Thats his pay check right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #35
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation
Default When I think of Donald Trump...

I can't get past this...

A step-by-step guide to the gravity-defying Donald Trump combover
By NICK MCDERMOTT AND STUART NICOLSON
Last updated at 1:00 AM on 11th June 2008
Comments (0)
Add to My Stories

Enlarge
The Donald: What's the difference between an astronaut and Donald Trump's hairdo? One defies the law of gravity, the other's a spaceman
Over the years we've had our share of great British combovers - Arthur Scargill and Bobby Charlton to name but two.
But both men would have to doff their cap to the astonishing coiffure of American billionaire Donald Trump.
Rather than invest any of his considerable fortune in a transplant or wig, the 61-year-old property magnate insists on using a series of elaborate measures to plaster strands of hair across his balding pate.

More...
Hair-raising moment as billionaire Donald Trump drops in to visit his Scottish relatives
Occasionally, however, it comes unstuck - notably this week when faced with the insistent breeze on the Isle of Lewis, where he was visiting his mother's former home.
Here, the Daily Mail shows how to achieve the Trump look ... in the unlikely event that anyone would want to emulate it.
As for the man himself, he was at a public inquiry in Aberdeen yesterday to be questioned yesterday by environmental campaigners and local councillors over his plans to build 'the world's greatest golf course'.
Enlarge
After spending more than three hours giving evidence he said: 'I am shocked to be here. I thought I would be building the course by now.'
The flamboyant tycoon wants to create two golf courses, a clubhouse, a massive hotel, a conference centre, a golf academy and 950 holiday homes on the Menie Estate in Aberdeenshire, which is currently used for shooting.
Warning that turning down his plans 'would be a terrible, terrible loss to Scotland' he said the proposed site was currently littered with the carcases of animals.
He said: 'It's a total mess. When you walk on the site right now it's sort of disgusting. There are bird carcasses lying all over the site.
'There are dead animals all over the site that have been shot. There may be some people that are into that. I am not.
'When I build the course we won't be killing birds. We will be trying for birdies and eagles, but we won't be killing them.'
The billionaire tycoon sported a somewhat flyaway version of the combover after he landed in Stornoway on his private Boeing 727, which is emblazoned with TRUMP in large gold letters on the side.
Accompanied by his older sister Maryanne, it is the first time he has been on the island since his mother took him there as a child.
And he admitted that he would probably have walked away from his plans to build a £1billion golf resort if his mother had not been from Scotland.
When asked if he would have given up on his plans for the Aberdeenshire resort after they were initially rejected by the council had his mother not been from Scotland.
He said: 'I think probably I would have, yes.
'It is really easy to find a nice piece of land to do something nice on. But Scotland is special and I wanted to do something special for my mother.'
Scroll down for more

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz1KfJDArUQ
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #36
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

OMG.

This lying sack of shit has actually stated to Anderson Cooper that he "has people on the ground investigating in Hawaii and that he's been told that the President's birth certificate is missing". (paraphrase)

Even though Anderson Cooper busted him out and was like "Uh, we ALSO have people on the ground in Hawaii and they've all talked to everyone who would have been associated with Obama's birth from people in the hospital at the same time as he was born to people who worked there and none of those people say that any of your people have contacted them." He then went on to ask the DumpTruck to name ONE person they had spoken to in regard to Obama's birth and the Dump refused.

Couple that with another statement that he wont/cant back up with facts like, "I heard he was a bad student" when talking about Obama's Harvard days, and it appears that Donald Trump is willing to bald-faced LIE his ass off on television for ratings.

He's a phony. A liar. And most of all, an embarrassment.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #37
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

He's not seriously running. The publicity is good for his business. And he likes the attention.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #38
Mr. Moon

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he, she, it, hey you
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,160 Times in 229 Posts
Mr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
I hope you're not saying that the current administration is at fault for all this.

It took 8 years of BUSHISM to make it this way, it will take YEARS to get out, but, changing regimes...meaning changing total focus on what you were doing, will send us back in to it. (thus the problem recently with shifting from this to that (a to z practically). I used to be every 4 years, a shift, now 8 but that's not enough for ANYONE to get us out of a mess dug by previous 8 years.....

Like a therapist (yes, I had on ya boobs! LOL), said to me years ago, "it took years to get you here, don't think it will take days or weeks to get you out"...
nuff said
Mr. Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #39
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
OMG.

This lying sack of shit has actually stated to Anderson Cooper that he "has people on the ground investigating in Hawaii and that he's been told that the President's birth certificate is missing". (paraphrase)

Even though Anderson Cooper busted him out and was like "Uh, we ALSO have people on the ground in Hawaii and they've all talked to everyone who would have been associated with Obama's birth from people in the hospital at the same time as he was born to people who worked there and none of those people say that any of your people have contacted them." He then went on to ask the DumpTruck to name ONE person they had spoken to in regard to Obama's birth and the Dump refused.

Couple that with another statement that he wont/cant back up with facts like, "I heard he was a bad student" when talking about Obama's Harvard days, and it appears that Donald Trump is willing to bald-faced LIE his ass off on television for ratings.

He's a phony. A liar. And most of all, an embarrassment.
I watched this- loved it when Cooper played the unedited video of Obama's grandmother right after Trump said there was a 51 second lapse in her comments.

There is another portion of this interview on AC-360 tonight, I believe. And I think Trump is on Hardball tonight. That ought to be good- Chris Mathews does not mince words.

Oh yeah, an African American student at Harvard (and president of Law Review material) is going to be a poor student. I don't think so! The pressure for him to succeed had to be huge. He comes from humble beginnings and as far as I'm concerned has earned everything he has and has accomplished. No, I don't agree with every presidential position he holds, but he is a very bright person and frankly, a good human being. One of the only presidents in my lifetime that I honestly do think loses sleep at night over what he deals with.

I am also getting tired of all the focus on just his paternal background, too. On his mother’s side, there is quite an honorable military service history in his family.

And now we have Franklin Graham backing Trump and making statements about Obama's faith again.

What I really hope is that Obama will continue to not give this BS any personal attention- not dignify it. People that believe this are never going to believe he is a US citizen.

I just want to slap Trumps little whiney mouth!!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #40
Mr. Moon

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he, she, it, hey you
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,160 Times in 229 Posts
Mr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST ReputationMr. Moon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
He's not seriously running. The publicity is good for his business. And he likes the attention.
I agree!!!!!!!!
Mr. Moon is offline   Reply With Quote