Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 03-31-2020, 08:56 AM   #221
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,079 Times in 8,587 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Face Masks

FOR THOSE WHO SEW ...

Just downloaded a PDF pattern from here and will make a few face masks with some remnants and scraps of material I have. More patterns are found at the FreeSewing.org website.

FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT SEW ...

Old 03-31-2020, 10:46 AM   #222
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,987 Times in 9,938 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I'm listening to the live broadcast of this morning's covid-19 update from NY-Gov Cuomo. Apparently he can't even get ventilator's due to the circus-effect created by the current WH occupants. So incredibly alarming and sad. And I guess his brother Chris Cuomo (CNN) has been exposed and possibly their mother. Very concerning and increasingly alarming, as each day goes by.

I think Gov Cuomo is shouldering this crisis like a decorated Field Marshall.

It's an understatement to say this is heartbreaking, but it that and more.

Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall once said, and I quote:

Quote:
"The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion during a time of crisis," ~ Thurgood Marshall.
I believe that NY-State's Governor Andrew Cuomo is the example Thurgood Marshall is referencing.

Conversely, it's definitely not the person sitting in the WH.

Governor Cuomo is the exemplary example of the leadership people need during times of crisis. It gives me reason to believe that under his exemplary leadership that other state-wide leaders will model his leadership and help steer our country to safety.

Sending positive thoughts and good JuJu to every reader and member in our community.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 12:05 PM   #223
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,354 Times in 863 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thanks Orema!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
FOR THOSE WHO SEW ...

Just downloaded a PDF pattern from here and will make a few face masks with some remnants and scraps of material I have. More patterns are found at the FreeSewing.org website.

FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT SEW ...

Thank you for sharing this with us!!

I like the t-shirt idea I'm going to create a few for my next grocery shopping outing.
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 01:02 PM   #224
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,079 Times in 8,587 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPearl View Post
Thank you for sharing this with us!!

I like the t-shirt idea I'm going to create a few for my next grocery shopping outing.
My pleasure, PlatinumPearl.

WHO and CDC are reexamining their guidelines on wearing masks. Also, Dr. Scott Gottlieb, the former commissioner of the FDA, said in an interview on Sunday that the C.D.C. should put out designs for cloth masks for the public. “The value of the mask isn’t necessarily to protect you from getting sick, although it may offer some protection,” he told CBS News. “It’s to protect you from other people. So when someone who’s infected is wearing a mask, they’re much less likely to transmit infection.” (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/h...ronavirus.html)

Whatever is decided, I don't think it's harmful for the average person (i.e., not a healthcare provider) wearing a mask. And the more masks we make at home, the less we take from the people working on the frontlines.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 06:44 AM   #225
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~
Not surprising, that those with power & money get to skirt the rules even during a pandemic!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 07:15 AM   #226
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I no longer have faith nor do I believe anyone anymore.

Noone is trustworthy and this virus has brought out the truth on how people and things really are.

Politics and religion are a farce, things you were taught to believe because it's what you were told.

Wake up people, we aren't gonna be alive much longer, so stop believing in fake things and fake people.
I must admit when I first read this, I thought it was pretty pessimistic! After reading several articles lately about price gouging, ministers defying social distancing, etc etc I believe I'm in the same space as JD, well except for the "not gonna be alive much longer"! I don't plan on going anytime soon!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 08:55 AM   #227
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,863 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Dear Wife and I live in central Texas, in an area that is about an hour an and half from any of the sizeable metropolitan cities in Texas. We're not really what you'd call "rural", but we have decent shopping, meaning no Costco nearby, but a couple of Sam's Clubs and the usual chain and Texas grocery stores, like HEB, Aldi's and such. I'm not sure what the population is in this area, but I'm certain that it's much smaller than anywhere else, except Maine and Iowa, that I have ever lived in my life. It's okay. I'm getting used to it!!! LOL

So yesterday, Dear Wife and I had to get out to Jackson Hewitt to sign and file our federal income tax return. The branch where we were going is located right inside the door of a local WalMart supercenter. Now, I have to say that I have not gotten out of the house in the last 2 weeks, except to get the mail at the mailbox cluster in our neighborhood. Dear Wife has made one or two trips to the grocery store to do curbside pickups for our groceries. What I saw on our local roads and in the parking lot of that WalMart supercenter literally floored me!!! It's like frippin' CHRISTMAS at WalMart and on the roads!!!! I mean CROWDS!!! We circled the parking lot and front door area of that WalMart and there were people flooding in and out with their shopping buggies, families, including small children and BABIES!! One guy had a McDonald's fast food bag in his hand, eating hand to mouth!!! No one was wearing a mask, or gloves or practicing social distancing!!! Here we were, she and I, with our industrial sized bottle of hand sanitizer, our boxes of nitrile gloves and our Lysol spray, being so careful to watch everything we touched, and then clean it right away, and these fools were just out there like it was Christmas!! Dear Wife nearly went into a full fledged panic attack and I had to calm her down and assure her that we were NOT NOT NOT going "in there" or anywhere near those dumbass people. I didn't care if our tax returns took until perdition to be signed and filed.

All I could think was........we're fucked. This is exactly how this disease is going to spread and, eventually, consume this nation, I'm sure. Why and how people can possibly be this stupid is just beyond the beyonds to me.

When our nation entered the War on Terrorism, back in the early 2000's (2003), my Pop, who was part of the Greatest Generation, and who lived through both the Great Depression and the bombing of Pearl Harbor, made a very profound observation. He said that he couldn't believe the way that this country, the USA, was acting, and that to a casual observer, it was impossible to tell that we were a "nation at war". He said that there was absolutely no evidence that the average American citizen was "sacrificing" anything.....except the military communities. We are, apparently, now a nation of people who, by and large, refuse to make any kind of sacrifice for our common good, even when it involves our very lives. We won't be inconvenienced, go out of our way or think of anyone but ourselves and our own wants, desires and goals. If it's not in our direct "bubble", it doesn't affect us and does not warrant any direct regard or action on our part. So much for "pulling together", which I'm not so sure that this country remembers how to do.

This is dangerous, folks. I think we're fucked, if this keeps up.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

~Theo~
Old 04-01-2020, 09:16 AM   #228
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,112 Times in 5,115 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
Dear Wife and I live in central Texas, in an area that is about an hour an and half from any of the sizeable metropolitan cities in Texas. We're not really what you'd call "rural", but we have decent shopping, meaning no Costco nearby, but a couple of Sam's Clubs and the usual chain and Texas grocery stores, like HEB, Aldi's and such. I'm not sure what the population is in this area, but I'm certain that it's much smaller than anywhere else, except Maine and Iowa, that I have ever lived in my life. It's okay. I'm getting used to it!!! LOL

So yesterday, Dear Wife and I had to get out to Jackson Hewitt to sign and file our federal income tax return. The branch where we were going is located right inside the door of a local WalMart supercenter. Now, I have to say that I have not gotten out of the house in the last 2 weeks, except to get the mail at the mailbox cluster in our neighborhood. Dear Wife has made one or two trips to the grocery store to do curbside pickups for our groceries. What I saw on our local roads and in the parking lot of that WalMart supercenter literally floored me!!! It's like frippin' CHRISTMAS at WalMart and on the roads!!!! I mean CROWDS!!! We circled the parking lot and front door area of that WalMart and there were people flooding in and out with their shopping buggies, families, including small children and BABIES!! One guy had a McDonald's fast food bag in his hand, eating hand to mouth!!! No one was wearing a mask, or gloves or practicing social distancing!!! Here we were, she and I, with our industrial sized bottle of hand sanitizer, our boxes of nitrile gloves and our Lysol spray, being so careful to watch everything we touched, and then clean it right away, and these fools were just out there like it was Christmas!! Dear Wife nearly went into a full fledged panic attack and I had to calm her down and assure her that we were NOT NOT NOT going "in there" or anywhere near those dumbass people. I didn't care if our tax returns took until perdition to be signed and filed.

All I could think was........we're fucked. This is exactly how this disease is going to spread and, eventually, consume this nation, I'm sure. Why and how people can possibly be this stupid is just beyond the beyonds to me.

When our nation entered the War on Terrorism, back in the early 2000's (2003), my Pop, who was part of the Greatest Generation, and who lived through both the Great Depression and the bombing of Pearl Harbor, made a very profound observation. He said that he couldn't believe the way that this country, the USA, was acting, and that to a casual observer, it was impossible to tell that we were a "nation at war". He said that there was absolutely no evidence that the average American citizen was "sacrificing" anything.....except the military communities. We are, apparently, now a nation of people who, by and large, refuse to make any kind of sacrifice for our common good, even when it involves our very lives. We won't be inconvenienced, go out of our way or think of anyone but ourselves and our own wants, desires and goals. If it's not in our direct "bubble", it doesn't affect us and does not warrant any direct regard or action on our part. So much for "pulling together", which I'm not so sure that this country remembers how to do.

~Theo~
I think you're right, we're fucked. This is how 100,000-200,000 Americans are going to die. Many others will show symptoms and be sick. And many others, who are a big part of the problem, will be asymptomatic carriers.

I live in a fairly urban area where people are _mostly_ sticking to the guidelines - not all, for sure. But in the rural area where my sister and mom live, there's such an entitled attitude of "America's a free country, you can't tell me what to do!" When did we stop teaching kids that with great freedom comes great responsibility?

I don't know what to do about it except try not to panic too much, and keep washing my hands and using sanitizer.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 09:17 AM   #229
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool People who don't listen

Quote:

~Theo~
How true - this = on a smaller level (we have less population) = has happened here in Canada as well. Premiers here have gotten angry with their citizens in their news TV briefs about how people are ignoring stay-at-home (at the time) requests), but now have had to institute orders (backed up by criminal fines/penalties).

For example, even though people knew about the pandemic, 99 of the 135 people who had been diagnosed with COVID-19 in St. John's, Newfoundland contracted COVID-19 out of attending wakes at Caul’s Funeral Home, March 15-17.

Unfortunately, this has all turned quite ugly, because:

"The fallout for family and friends who attended the wakes and funerals, including the more than 150 who reportedly packed into a chapel at Caul’s to say goodbye to Ms. Fleming, has been swift and, at times, ugly. They say they’re getting death threats, online harassment and have become scapegoats in a province where little more than two weeks ago there were no cases of COVID-19."
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 09:27 AM   #230
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,118 Times in 3,006 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

~Theo~

That is unbelievable. I mean, obviously I believe you, but how can so many people be so stupid.

I've noticed here the past few days that there has been more traffic on the roads than there was last week. I do still need to go to work 5-6 days/week so I'm out for that/grocery shopping for us and my parents. But at least in the market now people seem to be respecting the 6' rule.

My mom is making hundreds of masks. She made them for every staff still reporting to work and every woman who lives in our housing program and when she's done with that she's going to start making them for the homeless shelter a couple miles away.

I finally got someone to stand in for me today so I could work from home for a day. It's such a relief to check out a bit. The stress is pulsing in the air the longer this goes on. Residents are cooped up. They live in little tiny rooms with just a bed and a closet. They are bickering and staff is getting more and more stressed and some are getting stabby with their words. I had to halt a co-worker who was mean girl talking to me on Monday. Absolutely no tolerance for that.

Hope everyone is staying healthy~
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 09:30 AM   #231
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
Premiers here have gotten angry with their citizens in their news TV briefs about how people are ignoring stay-at-home (at the time) requests), but now have had to institute orders (backed up by criminal fines/penalties).

. . .

They say they’re getting death threats, online harassment and have become scapegoats in a province where little more than two weeks ago there were no cases of COVID-19."
And they're surprised now that they've got COVID-19. I really think the general public is not getting the message that they can carry the disease even if they don't show symptoms of being sick. My sister's family is supposedly sheltering in place and doing all the right things, _except_ my niece and her fiancé went to visit his grandmother the other day. I don't think he would risk his grandmother's life on purpose, I think he just doesn't get it.

I also think a large proportion of the population is purposely ignoring the directives, because (1) an attitude of entitlement ('you can't tell me what to do!') (2) they don't believe there's really a crisis and that the whole thing is a hoax made up by the media.

More information needs to get out to the public from _doctors_ and _health professionals_, not just from politicians, and not just "wash your hands and stay home." It won't solve the problem, but it might make it better.

- Prince
Old 04-01-2020, 11:57 AM   #232
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Weighing in on the Asymptomatic piece of the Covid-19 crisis

I think the Asymptomatic piece is critical to absorb and fully wrap ones proverbial arms around, and here's how I took action for myself, over the past two years before the Covid-19 crisis erupted across the globe.

Three years ago, after nearly dying in a work related accident which left me in critical health status, which I'm still climbing out from, I needed something to keep me busy at home, while being home bound. So I joined, for a few rounds, in our community arts & crafting group, and one of the really good ideas nursing professionals gave to me (including my mother, who sat in our nursing consults) was that to protect my health and the health of others, was to painstakingly use gloves and find a way to seal all my crafting projects that I would send to the Craft Round Wrangler.

I got a lot of feedback about why I taped up and sealed all my projects, but that is the measure of safety I had to take and still take, to not only protect my own health but the health of others.

There are critical transmission contact points we rarely even think about, in our day to day activities. Surfaces we touch. The air we breath. And if by chance we've been sneezing or coughing into the air directly in proximity to us, no matter where that is, then air borne viruses can often survive in the air and on contact surfaces we (the general we) sometimes take for granted that might not be infected by viral-droplets which caused us to sneeze or cough or even in simpler terms, when we talk.

I seriously hope that one of the outcomes to this particular viral crisis is that people become much more aware of not only hygiene practices but taking into account that the surfaces in our immediate proximity or wherever we might be conducting our lives in day-to-day affairs, will realize how important it is to consider not only our own health but the health of others we are in proximity too.

My mom is sending me something by special delivery via FedEX and it's due to arrive tomorrow, but our area FedEx driver had something to deliver to a resident in our building and it literally made me feel so much better to see them wearing PPE and gloves.

Thanks for letting me share a bit about how I've been dealing with safeguarding my own health, since I was hurt on the job three years ago and how I have been incorporating health conscious practices to not only safeguard my own health, but to limit transmission contact points of interest in my day to day life.

_____ ______
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 02:39 PM   #233
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,118 Times in 3,006 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I was on an all staff Zoom meeting today. First most of us were muted and cameras off. But then one staff asked a question and she came on camera- in her bed, sleep cap on, got unmuted, and we heard her coughing up a lung.

I just worked with her last night.

I called her supervisor to see what's up.

She was tested this morning and we are waiting for results. She has fever, chills, cough, etc. At least because she is essential staff serving a vulnerable population she was able to get tested quickly.

We mostly keep a six foot rule at work but there are things like... we share bathrooms, we share a kitchen, not thinking- we pass each other forms. I don't know if she wore gloves while sorting mail. The list goes on.

I still have to report to work as usual tomorrow and until we get any test results that tell us otherwise.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 08:31 PM   #234
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Kemp finally issued a shelter in place for Georgia today. A full 2 weeks after the bulk of the infections started.

We are at 4748 cases so far.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 09:27 PM   #235
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

I'm actually watching a documentary, over on YouTube, which was filmed by Lisa Laden, narrated by S. Epatha Merkerson, and features Dr. Anthony Fauci.

It originally aired on PBS, back in 2010. Dr. Fauci looks the same as he did in press conferences aired today. It is a documentary about the Influenza pandemic of 1918, shortly after WW1, which claimed over 50 million lives.

Lisa Laden interviews survivors of that era in time, as well as scientists. It's quite informative. Check out the masks worn back then (they look like the cotton homemade masks people are making right now).

Here's the link, for anyone interested in watching it (it's about an hour long):

We Heard The Bells: The Influenza of 1918.

_____ ______

Last edited by Kätzchen; 04-01-2020 at 09:32 PM. Reason: added the link
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 09:26 AM   #236
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

The Georgia Governor, Brian Kemp, just admitted that he has only just now learned that the COVID-19 virus can be transmitted asymptomatically.

- Prince
Old 04-02-2020, 09:50 AM   #237
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
The Georgia Governor, Brian Kemp, just admitted that he has only just now learned that the COVID-19 virus can be transmitted asymptomatically.
I find that hard to believe. I actually think that when this type of claim is made, especially when it's made by someone seated with some sort of executive authority, it's basically (to me) a ploy to distract from the truth of factually communicated evidence by those on the front lines of this devastating crisis. Same for that person of executive authority in Florida.

It's not hard to find out who has your best interest at heart. It is upsetting to watch this go down publicly. Thank heavens for Governor Cuomo. Kemp is not even in the same league as Gov. Cuomo.

I actually worry now that the crisis our nation faces with Covid-19 will leap the proverbial train tracks and be used as a tool to upend the Presidential Election, come November.

<<<<<<~~ super concerned and worried for everyone.

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 10:08 AM   #238
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Checkpoints restricting travel between provinces in Canada

Provinces have instituted checkpoints between their borders. So, anyone wanting to do some traveling for any personal reason will most likely be turned back.

"The COVID-19 pandemic brings the unusual presence of police and government checkpoints to several of Canada’s inter-provincial borders, adding to restrictions on movement in a bid to slow the spread of the deadly novel coronavirus.

"The Quebec government placed new restrictions to limit movement into the province Wednesday, including police controlling travel between Ottawa and Gatineau, separating the two sides of Canada’s unified National Capital Region.

"Manitoba has had checkpoints running on all of its highways linking with Ontario and Saskatchewan since Friday, and Nova Scotia was an early adopter of travel checkpoints into the province.

"In Quebec, new police checkpoints were put in place for traffic between the province and Ontario, between Quebec and New Brunswick, and between Quebec and Newfoundland and Labrador."

https://nationalpost.com/news/covid-...ween-provinces
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 12:36 PM   #239
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,863 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default An official pandemic pastime. :)

I give you all this:

https://www.punchdonald.com/index.ht...TWafo62psSbWfQ

You're welcome.

~Theo~
Old 04-02-2020, 04:26 PM   #240
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,520 Times in 10,201 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Helpful information...stay safe

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...-immune-health

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post: