Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
For many years the only ring I wore on a regular basis was my college ring. It was very special to me because my twin sister gave it to me and I was the first college grad in the family. I stopped wearing it a few years back.

When I get married I will wear a simple band on the traditional finger, left hand. I am unsure if I want white gold or yellow gold. If I were to pick a ring that is not a traditional wedding band, it would be yellow gold with onyx inlaid and one small diamond. (That is the more flashy guy inside of me.)

Update: Well I did get married and my ring is 14k white gold with seven black sapphires inlaid into the ring. In my thinking, perfect for a guy like me. The plain white gold band but with a little flash, aka girly bling. Yes, a solid butch wedding band.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #22
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Regardless of my relationship status, I was always partial to wearing band type rings and only on my left ring finger. The only significance was it helped me distinguish my left from my right.

Have had my eye on this one for a couple of years now:

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #23
Femminator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married, but not legally in my state!

Femminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST Reputation

My wife and I have Saphire wedding rings. Mine is more Femmy, its an offset Saphire with diamonds on the edges, hers is a plain Saphire and diamond eternity band. We do have matching wedding bands, whitegold, except hers is a pipecut and my comfort band because I am a lefty and a flat ring cuts my finger. We wear them on our left ring fingers becuase my pertner is my life partner, and wife.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #24
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I have recently been given a gorgeous engagement ring, which I wear on my left hand - ring finger. I'll wear my wedding band next to it.

Finding a ring that works on my small hands and short fingers has always been a challenge, both from an aesthetic and comfort point of view.

When I tried my ring on I knew it was perfect. It is designed by one of my favorite jewelry designers, Anne Sportun. The diamonds are ethically sourced, conflict free Canadian diamonds, set in white gold with a matte finish on the outside, polished on the inside. Purchased from a local jewelers because it is important to us to support local businesses.

In natural light, it looks quite graphic; and when the sun or interior light hits it - it lights up and is dazzlingly sparkly! I love it both ways! I LOVE it, full stop.

We may have found Hack's wedding ring as well, it is designed by Todd Reed.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #25
SoSousMe

How Do You Identify?:
Gender Juxtaposed/Butch/Top/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just a normal Guy
Relationship Status:
Single

SoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST ReputationSoSousMe Has the BEST Reputation

I got My girly a white gold/3 white sapphire engagement ring... when we say I do.. I will opt for a tungsten or titanium band.. and I will get her a white gold band to go with her engagement ring.

We don't need matching rings.. Our hearts match
If by chance a lady's hand appears before You, don't let Your pride hinder Your progress. Take the hand she offers, for her touch may lend the perfect amount of resistance needed to help steady You on Your feet.

The honor in Dominance lies in the ability to recognize submission as a gift.

I tend to delve deep within Myself.. sometimes hearing nothing more than the stir of My own soul.

LQ
SoSousMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SoSousMe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #26
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I think it's really important, before people give each other rings, that they talk about what it means to them, so their expectations are clear.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:33 AM   #27
Beloved

How Do You Identify?:
alive
Preferred Pronoun?:
um
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,653 Times in 298 Posts
Beloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Well I am divorced. Twice. Yeah, not so proud of that. Anyway....

The first time I got married I was young, 22. He gave me a diamond engagement ring that wasn't really my style. But our wedding rings were his paternal grandparents rings and that meant a lot to me because I absolutely adored his grandmother. The marriage ended because he became a heroin addict and would not get treatment. I was really in love with him and often wonder if it would have worked out if he didn't become an addict. I had gotten back in touch with him a few months ago. He has been clean for only 2 years. He was a heroin addict for a good 15 years and I am shocked he is still alive.

The second time, I didn't really want to get married. My parents were very upset that I was going to have a child out of wedlock so we just had a civil ceremony in our dining room with a justice of the peace. We had plain gold bands but I really never wore mine. This marriage shouldn't have ever happened and I should not have succumbed to my parents pressure and desire for approval.

I would like to get married again someday. I believe in commitment.

My favorite style of ring is filigree. It can be new or antique. In the future that is what I would really want.

This isn't filigree but still gorgeous...from brillianearth.com

http://www.brilliantearth.com/Adorne...tting_tab=true
Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beloved For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2014, 07:11 AM   #28
ZoeyJayne

How Do You Identify?:
Desbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Dez, me , it , her , who knows lol
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

ZoeyJayne Has the BEST ReputationZoeyJayne Has the BEST ReputationZoeyJayne Has the BEST ReputationZoeyJayne Has the BEST ReputationZoeyJayne Has the BEST ReputationZoeyJayne Has the BEST ReputationZoeyJayne Has the BEST ReputationZoeyJayne Has the BEST ReputationZoeyJayne Has the BEST ReputationZoeyJayne Has the BEST ReputationZoeyJayne Has the BEST Reputation
Talking ohhh the ring thing...

So Alicia and I have been discussing the ring thing for a while now.. Neither one of us is butch, and how I am definately the girly girl in the relationship. We were discussing the in's and out's of who should get who what... we have decided we will both get engagement rings... However I get the pretty sparkly one and she just wants a simple sparkly band with our names on it...

psst we went into a jewelry store yesterday and she showed me what she was thinking of getting for me .... *jumps up and down all excited* Its beautiful and its gonna have a green diamond *shreeeekkksss*
Old 04-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #29
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Regardless of my relationship status, I was always partial to wearing band type rings and only on my left ring finger. The only significance was it helped me distinguish my left from my right.

Have had my eye on this one for a couple of years now:

I have been wearing the same, wide (probably .75 inch), silver band for 15+ years. It is one of those double rings where one slides on the top of the other. I love the thing. I picked it up one day from a street vendor in Chapel Hill, NC, when I was visiting a girlfriend. A large percentage of people think it indicates I am married, due to where it is located. It doesn't look like a wedding ring to me.

It is thick and heavy, which I really like. I like heavy watches and shoes, as well. I am sure I would get a wide band if TF and I married.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2016, 08:35 PM   #30
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I was given a ring last year for Christmas from my partner. It's heart shaped gold with diamond baguettes, which is fine by me. I wear it on my left ring finger.

I recently bought her a nice ring, white gold promise ring. She wears it on her left ring finger as well.

I never really thought about rings like this till I got with her, but who knows might turn into something more.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote