Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 07-22-2015, 06:16 AM   #1
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Vice Presidential Politics

I think the majority of the Republicans who've announced they're running for President are actually looking for a shot at being the Vice President. Particularly Trump, Cruz, and Kasich. Trump and Cruz can garner a lot of votes and Kasich's state, Ohio, is a swing state. I think these three will be the top contenders for VP. (Though I do remember, that at this point in the 2008 elections, John Edwards looked damn good and Obama was a long shot. So, I know that anything could happen between now and November 2016.)

Still, what happens if Cruz get the VP spot and the President dies? Would the next in line be the Speaker of the House since Cruz can't be President because Cruz was born in Canada? Could Cruz contest being skipped over? Does Cruz have a shot at being the President through the Vice Presidency?

Last edited by Orema; 07-22-2015 at 06:18 AM.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2015, 06:20 AM   #2
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I think the majority of the Republicans who've announced they're running for President are actually looking for a shot at being the Vice President. Particularly Trump, Cruz, and Kasich. Trump and Cruz can garner a lot of votes and Kasich's state, Ohio, is a swing state. I think these three will be the top contenders for VP. (Though I do remember, that at this point in the 2008 elections, John Edwards looked damn good and Obama was a long shot. So, I know that anything could happen between now and November 2016.)

So, what happens if Cruz get the VP spot and the President dies? Would the next in line be the Speaker of the House since Cruz can't be President because Cruz was born in Canada? Could Cruz contest being skipped over? Does Cruz have a shot at being the President through the Vice Presidency?
Cruz was born to a U S citizen mother and has every legal right to be president.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2015, 06:39 AM   #3
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Cruz was born to a U S citizen mother and has every legal right to be president.
That's still up for debate by legal scholars—at best, they argue it's likely he could become President and it's almost certain to be contested.

Cruz is too smart to take that chance and lose. He's shooting for the VP spot and my questions still stand.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:43 AM   #4
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
That's still up for debate by legal scholars—at best, they argue it's likely he could become President and it's almost certain to be contested.

Cruz is too smart to take that chance and lose. He's shooting for the VP spot and my questions still stand.
Interesting. I was not aware any legal scholars were concerned. Was this issue raised when John McCain was running for president? He was born in Panama.

Old 07-22-2015, 06:49 AM   #5
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Interesting. I was not aware any legal scholars were concerned. Was this issue raised when John McCain was running for president? He was born in Panama.
Yes, it was raised but (I think) there was less concern because both of McCain's parents were born in the states and his father was serving in the military (as Admiral in the Navy) stationed in Panama at the time of his birth. That, coupled with McCain being a war hero, made his presidency more palatable, I think.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:15 AM   #6
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Quote:
Yes, it was raised but (I think) there was less concern because both of McCain's parents were born in the states and his father was serving in the military (as Admiral in the Navy) stationed in Panama at the time of his birth. That, coupled with McCain being a war hero, made his presidency more palatable, I think.
I disagree that the location of Cruz' birth is an issue as far as Presidential eligibility but am happy to sit back and watch for other thoughts.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:36 AM   #7
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
I disagree that the location of Cruz' birth is an issue as far as Presidential eligibility but am happy to sit back and watch for other thoughts.
I'm know you're not alone, Andrea but I'm hoping for other's take on this, too.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2015, 08:43 AM   #8
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

I think Trump will make it an issue, he's already starting to attack others running for office.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:03 AM   #9
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Status as a natural-born citizen of the United States is one of the eligibility requirements established in the United States Constitution for election to the office of President or Vice President. This requirement was intended to protect the nation from foreign influence.

The Constitution does not define the phrase natural-born citizen, and various opinions have been offered over time regarding its precise meaning. The consensus of early 21st-century constitutional and legal scholarship, together with relevant case law, is that "natural born" comprises all people born subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, including, generally, those born in the United States, those born to U.S. citizen parents in foreign countries, and those born in other situations meeting the legal requirements for U.S. citizenship "at birth."

Every president to date was either a citizen at the adoption of the Constitution in 1789 or born in the United States; of those in the latter group, every president except two (Chester A. Arthur and Barack Obama) had two U.S.-citizen parents. Some presidential candidates were not born in a U.S. state or lacked two U.S.-citizen parents. In addition, one U.S. vice president (Al Gore) was born in Washington, D.C., and another (Charles Curtis) was born in the Kansas Territory. This does not necessarily mean that these officeholders or candidates were ineligible, only that there was some controversy about their eligibility, which may have been resolved in favor of eligibility.

Ted Cruz (born 1970), a Republican United States Senator from Texas, announced on March 22, 2015, that he was running for the Republican Party's nomination for president in the 2016 election. Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, to a "U.S. citizen mother and a Cuban immigrant father", giving him dual Canadian-American citizenship. Cruz applied to formally renounce his Canadian citizenship and ceased being a citizen of Canada, on May 14, 2014.

Marco Rubio (born 1971 in Miami, Florida), a Republican United States Senator from Florida, and Bobby Jindal (born in 1971 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana), the Republican Governor of Louisiana, both announced in 2015 that they were running for the Republican Party's nomination for president in the 2016 election. Taitz and Apuzzo each have stated that neither Rubio nor Jindal is eligible because both were born to parents who were not U.S. citizens at the time of their respective births.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natura...was_questioned

-----------------

Interesting question. Interesting history. Will be interesting to see how this is handled, which types of legal challenges might ensue and from where.

What was also interesting is that Henry Kissinger was the secretary of state, thus the 4th in line to the presidency, but was German.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2015, 05:20 PM   #10
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTexan View Post
I think Trump will make it an issue, he's already starting to attack others running for office.
After he and the other "birthers" went after President Obama, I think we can count on it!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2015, 05:30 PM   #11
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Orema;1001863]I think the majority of the Republicans who've announced they're running for President are actually looking for a shot at being the Vice President. Particularly Trump, Cruz, and Kasich. Trump and Cruz can garner a lot of votes and Kasich's state, Ohio, is a swing state. I think these three will be the top contenders for VP. (Though I do remember, that at this point in the 2008 elections, John Edwards looked damn good and Obama was a long shot. So, I know that anything could happen between now and November 2016.)

I agree for the most part, the exception being Scott Walker! After being the only republican governor to ever survive a re-call and then being re-elected to office for a second term, I think this jerk is in it to win it!
Old 07-25-2015, 05:30 PM   #12
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Friday morning I watched MSNBC Morning Joe! The opening segment devoted exactly 4 minutes to the shooting at the theater the night before ! It then devoted the rest of it to Donald Trump's trip to the Mexican Boarder the day before AND had him on the phone live in the 7 o'clock hour! Morning Joe wasn't the only news show doing that, countless others did as well!

Dare I say, I don't think Trump is going to go quietly into that good night anytime soon!!
Old 07-25-2015, 07:13 PM   #13
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

US I made up of all countrys ~ who cares where our parents were from as long as whoever is running for pres. or vp was born in the USA
Old 07-25-2015, 07:51 PM   #14
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,247 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I'm convinced that if Obama had been 100% white and not had a Muslim-sounding name, there would have been no birther controversy.

John McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone, not the country of Panama. It was under U.S. control then, so there were no issues as to his eligibility in 2008.

I myself thought that Jennifer Granholm, then governor of Michigan, would have made a great VP or even Presidential candidate, but she was born in British Columbia, Canada and her parents had no ties to the U.S.

Perhaps it's time, given the changing "faces" of Americans, to change the rules.

And Ocean, I know what you meant by choosing "Born in the U.S.A.", but it's hardly a patriotic song .
Old 07-28-2015, 08:03 PM   #15
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

With the first Republican debate just a little more than a week away, I'm wondering if there is any chance of a fisticuffs? As Betty Davis once said "Fasten your seat belts, its going to be a bumpy night!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2015, 09:52 PM   #16
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

It has been sort of comical watching Trump call out candidates ( namely Scott Walker& Lindsey Graham) who had previously seeked his support and money! Lets hope if this turns out to be a pissing contest, that Trump's "equipment" isn't nearly as big as his EGO
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2015, 07:52 PM   #17
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I just had to shake my head in amazement today when I heard Trump handing out compliments to Sarah Palin and vice versa

PLEASE PLEASE tell me we won't have to see that woman as a vice presidential running mate again!
Old 08-02-2015, 08:05 PM   #18
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I'm still bewildered that Republicans did so well in the mid election! They've not done one worthy thing in Congress for several years (imo). So how likely is it that we will have a Republican president? I'm afraid, very likely.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2015, 08:13 PM   #19
Karysma

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Post Apocolyptic

Karysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST ReputationKarysma Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I hate election years... it challenges my faith in humanity..

Karysma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karysma For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2016, 11:17 PM   #20
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Things are REALLY getting interesting now!!!

Since Chris Christie tossed his weight backing Trump and lurking in the background of at least two speeches of Trump's.... are we going to see a VP nod towards Christie?
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: