Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 06-06-2022, 07:56 PM   #801
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I think we should all calm down and learn from each other...if a person is mistaken or you don't agree maybe we could discreetly ask for clarification instead of assuming we know more or better or anything..i know there are those here who would say (and they would be dead right)..."that's rich coming from you as you were always quick to jump in when you didn't agree or thought someone's opinion very wrong" well i've learned and been humbled(& grateful for it) and realized i need to sit quietly sometimes and think before i rage...Let's be kind & realize we all need to be heard, & we are always learning something from each other hopefully, for the better, til our end...i hope we can all learn (from each other) from our own mis-steps. Perfection in thought ..is there such thing? No, at least I haven't found it. We are all on a journey together. Thank you all for your contributions to this thread...I have learned to treasure all your words.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2022, 04:00 AM   #802
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
I think we should all calm down and learn from each other...if a person is mistaken or you don't agree maybe we could discreetly ask for clarification instead of assuming we know more or better or anything..i know there are those here who would say (and they would be dead right)..."that's rich coming from you as you were always quick to jump in when you didn't agree or thought someone's opinion very wrong" well i've learned and been humbled(& grateful for it) and realized i need to sit quietly sometimes and think before i rage...Let's be kind & realize we all need to be heard, & we are always learning something from each other hopefully, for the better, til our end...i hope we can all learn (from each other) from our own mis-steps. Perfection in thought ..is there such thing? No, at least I haven't found it. We are all on a journey together. Thank you all for your contributions to this thread...I have learned to treasure all your words.
No.

cathexis was wrong to push me on this. Then cathexis lied by saying or implying that they apologized to me for their insistent behavior.

I had planned on moving on but only returned to this discussion when I saw the lies and nonsense in cathexis’s last post.

You can Kumbaya all you want, kittygrrl, but you can count me out.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2022, 05:08 AM   #803
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
When the person who started all the trouble to begin with shows no signs of being willing to learn from anyone and acts like they are the one who is being mistreated then this is impossible to do in any way that would be positive or productive. I’m not showing kindness towards such egregious behavior.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2022, 11:51 AM   #804
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
When the person who started all the trouble to begin with shows no signs of being willing to learn from anyone and acts like they are the one who is being mistreated then this is impossible to do in any way that would be positive or productive. I’m not showing kindness towards such egregious behavior.
Bulldog, you have a great mind..very great..so i will not attempt to persuade you ...so what do you suggest we do with people who don't see it our way? kick all the people we don't agree with out? ostracize them?, lock them up?, make them behave? civilized people don't consider these options..we must find options that feed the soul..finding common ground, being as positive as you can be, not leaving the conversation, will go a long way ..is it easy..no, at least not for me, it's incredibly hard, but i find the biggest battle within my own mind..just my thoughts, thanks for listening
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2022, 12:16 PM   #805
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Bulldog, you have a great mind..very great..so i will not attempt to persuade you ...so what do you suggest we do with people who don't see it our way? kick all the people we don't agree with out? ostracize them?, lock them up?, make them behave? civilized people don't consider these options..we must find options that feed the soul..finding common ground, being as positive as you can be, not leaving the conversation, will go a long way ..is it easy..no, at least not for me, it's incredibly hard, but i find the biggest battle within my own mind..just my thoughts, thanks for listening
I wish I had an answer to how to solve racism and white privilege. Unfortunately, I do not. In this situation, I feel people have shown great restraint and just been very straightforward with the person, yet he feels wronged. He tells Orema to not be so emotional (which is very rude and arrogant) when all of his posts are highly emotional and he's been very nasty to her, me, Cin, and Semantics - basically everyone who spoke out. What he did is not okay and showing kindness may sound nice but all that does is give him permission to think what he did was okay. Seems there is no solution other than to drop the matter and hope for the best that he doesn't do it again.

I am not the most patient person in the world and I am sure there are times when it would be a good idea to try to step back and see the situation from their point of view and show restraint. So I don't think your suggestions are without merit. However, in this situation, I don't think kindness is going to help at all. I think being very clear and straightforward is the best approach and I feel that is what people have done. In order for us all to learn from each other, everyone needs to be willing to learn. Probably best to go our separate ways.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2022, 12:33 AM   #806
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
I wish I had an answer to how to solve racism and white privilege. Unfortunately, I do not. In this situation, I feel people have shown great restraint and just been very straightforward with the person, yet he feels wronged. He tells Orema to not be so emotional (which is very rude and arrogant) when all of his posts are highly emotional and he's been very nasty to her, me, Cin, and Semantics - basically everyone who spoke out. What he did is not okay and showing kindness may sound nice but all that does is give him permission to think what he did was okay. Seems there is no solution other than to drop the matter and hope for the best that he doesn't do it again.

I am not the most patient person in the world and I am sure there are times when it would be a good idea to try to step back and see the situation from their point of view and show restraint. So I don't think your suggestions are without merit. However, in this situation, I don't think kindness is going to help at all. I think being very clear and straightforward is the best approach and I feel that is what people have done. In order for us all to learn from each other, everyone needs to be willing to learn. Probably best to go our separate ways
Wellspoken...i appreciate your passion...it's not fair that people like me my mom my sisters etc have had to endure at certain times in our lives the knowing stares that say..you're different...but it is a fact of life i've learned to live with and made myself shrug off...i refuse to have a chip on my shoulder because of someone's lack of manners or willful or accidental ignorance regarding my ethnicity...i choose to be ok regardless...not everyone feels that way...as for white privilege..it exists and will be with us for a long time...humans need to feel special it's in our dna and unfortunately that may mean others have to be expendable or optional...but i can't think of that now..i smile at everyone i meet people where they are at and work to make a difference, plant a seed...the only other alternative is war.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2022, 03:34 PM   #807
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Sorry AOC but I think you are getting a little full of yourself. Instead of bashing Biden who has had the deck stacked against him from the beginning (by Trump lovers ie our major economy suppliers) name someone you think could step in and do the job. You know the old saying......to end the problem you need to be part of the solution.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2022, 03:23 PM   #808
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

still thinking... of the chasms that exist between us (real or imaginery)...we have to figure out a way to leave our issues aside meet in a safe place and learn from/about & enlighten each other. We can do that.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2022, 04:16 PM   #809
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Well if people can do that, and make it last, that will be a first since the beginning of time immemorial.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2022, 10:39 PM   #810
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

A high five to Rusty Bowers! A true American who understands the meaning of his oath of office.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2022, 02:03 PM   #811
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Shaye Moss, her mom, and gradmother and the violence, threats, and harassment they incurred all because of the Big Lie!

Thankfully there is a defamation lawsuit...

https://protectdemocracy.org/project...ction-workers/
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2022, 08:51 AM   #812
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Womens' Rights

Roe v Wade has been overturned, 5 to 4

What is next...OUR right to vote?

OUR choice to marry our same sex partner?

WTF??
Old 06-25-2022, 09:18 AM   #813
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Wellspoken...i appreciate your passion...it's not fair that people like me my mom my sisters etc have had to endure at certain times in our lives the knowing stares that say..you're different...but it is a fact of life i've learned to live with and made myself shrug off...i refuse to have a chip on my shoulder because of someone's lack of manners or willful or accidental ignorance regarding my ethnicity...i choose to be ok regardless...not everyone feels that way...as for white privilege..it exists and will be with us for a long time...humans need to feel special it's in our dna and unfortunately that may mean others have to be expendable or optional...but i can't think of that now..i smile at everyone i meet people where they are at and work to make a difference, plant a seed...the only other alternative is war.

None of my views have changed about my ethnicity. It's just because many people think of Jewish people as privileged white people. Some are, and some aren't. We have ALWAYS been the initial group that the fascists target if one looks at the history of anti-Semitism. People have pursued Jewish people from at least the middle-ages, probably much earlier. There is much information across the web and in your local libraries and booksellers.
Old 06-25-2022, 09:41 AM   #814
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post

WTF??
Transgender rights of all sorts, even Loving v. Virginia, or we could go back even further to other SCOTUS rulings. There's no telling how far back they would go.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2022, 09:57 AM   #815
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

WTF??
I think Thomas has made it clear! Gay Marriage
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2022, 11:21 AM   #816
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I think Thomas has made it clear! Gay Marriage
He also murmured about contraception. Mentioned other rulings as well.

This Right-wing SCOTUS (I know they're supposed to be apolitical but this one IS not) will be on a roll basking in the feeling of newly released power.
Old 06-26-2022, 03:34 PM   #817
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

Rarely in history has a United States senator been so blatantly beclowned as Susan Collins was on Friday.

Four years ago this summer, the Republican senator from Maine announced that President Trump’s latest Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh, had assured her that he believed the recognition of abortion rights in the Supreme Court’s 1973 Roe v Wade decision was “settled law.”

The senator’s assurance that Kavanaugh would never overturn Roe was completely shredded on Friday by the justice’s own argument for doing just that.

https://www.thenation.com/article/po...susan-collins/
Old 06-26-2022, 03:48 PM   #818
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

WTF??
Not only Gay Marriage, but Thomas has a whole list he's itching to overturn!

Sidebar: I had always believed Anita Hill during the Senate confirmation hearings for Thomas! How he's been able to keep his nose clean all this time is beyond me!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2022, 04:03 PM   #819
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default An Update.........

Quote:
Rarely in history has a United States senator been so blatantly beclowned as Susan Collins was on Friday.

Four years ago this summer, the Republican senator from Maine announced that President Trump’s latest Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh, had assured her that he believed the recognition of abortion rights in the Supreme Court’s 1973 Roe v Wade decision was “settled law.”

The senator’s assurance that Kavanaugh would never overturn Roe was completely shredded on Friday by the justice’s own argument for doing just that.

https://www.thenation.com/article/po...susan-collins/
Following up on what Allahpundit wrote earlier, it’s easy to lose sight of what’s happening up in Maine. But plenty of Mainers are clearly hopping mad about the overturning of Roe v Wade and they’re not venting their anger at the Supreme Court, or at least not all of their anger. They are launching broadsides against Senator Susan Collins (who, curiously enough, is not an opponent of abortion). They are blaming her for putting Brett Kavanaugh and Neil Gorsuch on the bench, enabling the final decision in Dobbs. Some are demanding an apology while others are calling for her resignation. (Associated Press)

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/06...of-roe-n478740
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2022, 04:44 PM   #820
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
still thinking... of the chasms that exist between us (real or imaginery)...we have to figure out a way to leave our issues aside meet in a safe place and learn from/about & enlighten each other. We can do that.
That will be when hell freezes over for me. Ive tried many times and I get shit on!

Good luck, I see no way thats going to happen.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote