Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme nha Maire View Post
No, but evidently you have and think they are notable. What about them, JDeere? Bear in mind that the object of this thread is for folk to ask transfolk questions about stuff regarding transfolk that they don't know or arent sure about (eg: what sort of effects does HRT therapy have on your emotions? Can anything be done to make a masculine-type voice sound more feminine or vice-versa?).
Im asking because i was watching his youtube channel and he seems ummm off if you know what i mean. I was wondering if anyone else had come across him, to see if other see him the same way as i do.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2018, 03:13 PM   #1002
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Im asking because i was watching his youtube channel and he seems ummm off if you know what i mean. I was wondering if anyone else had come across him, to see if other see him the same way as i do.
Ok, well, perhaps it may have been better had you said that in your original post, m'dear - we're not mind-readers! :-}

Personally, I don't go trawling Youtube looking for channels by transfolk. I tend to look for channels on subjects that interest me, and for me that tends to be the sciences, history, and lesbianism. Due to the latter, I am aware of a few transfolk out there, and that some of them have some peculiar (and in some cases, downright bad, IMO) notions indeed.

Now, I do not have time to go through that person's channel and see if anything they're saying seems 'off' to me, so it'd be best if you simply explained what it is that you think odd that they've said, JD. I would say, having quickly taken a peek at their channel that it states that "Mark Angelo Cummings is a Two-Spirited human with a Trans history" - and due to that I would urge some caution in comparing them to folk from an ultimately European cultural background.

Whilst I don't pretend to entirely understand it, I am aware that the indigenous American concept of two-spirited people is not identical with the European concept of folk being transgendered. So depending on what it is that they've said that you think is odd, it might just be that you've tripped up on a cultural difference, rather than anything else. So what is it about them that's bugging you, JD?
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2018, 05:19 PM   #1003
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Sorry ive been extremely busy due to my dad being in hospital. Hes awaiting amputation surgery as we speak so my mind is not all there.

Just beware of the said person i mentioned above, he is telling trans people to not transition and that its a fad. Hes not supportive.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:35 PM   #1004
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Sorry ive been extremely busy due to my dad being in hospital. Hes awaiting amputation surgery as we speak so my mind is not all there.

Just beware of the said person i mentioned above, he is telling trans people to not transition and that its a fad. Hes not supportive.
Very sorry to hear about your Dad's situation, JD, My best wishes for him for a good and speedy recovery.

JD, this isn't a generalised thread about trans issues or people, so this wasn't the right place to make your post about the Cummings. Please try to stay on-topic. I doubt it's news to anyone reading the forums here that there are folk out in the world with different, unsupportive, or even downright antagonistic views regarding transfolk and transitioning. So Cummings is one of them - so what? That's not relevant to this thread, which is about people asking transfolk about their experience of transitioning in order to enlighten the person asking the question about transfolk.

I hope that helps you understand why your post was off-topic here. No need to reply, just try to keep any future post here on-topic please. :-)
Old 09-28-2018, 11:48 PM   #1005
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Alrighty then. Its whatever im not gonna get into it with you. I know what the thread is about, im not stupid. Im simply forewarning others to come in to the trans thread to watch out for said person, and its trans related so excuse me for posting something.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2018, 12:32 AM   #1006
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Alrighty then. Its whatever im not gonna get into it with you. I know what the thread is about, im not stupid. Im simply forewarning others to come in to the trans thread to watch out for said person, and its trans related so excuse me for posting something.
JD - I know you're not stupid - yet you DID post off-topic here, so it looks to me as if you didn't actually get what the thread is about. There is no need to warn anyone about someone they've probably never heard of that's "out there" in this thread, such doesnt serve the purpose of this thread. If you feel there's a need for a thread with such warnings, why, go and create one! :-) Take care, and my thoughts are with you and your dad.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:07 AM   #1007
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Esme, your posts have been reported. Please don't tell other members what they can and can't do on threads. Also, you continuing to use this thread to go back and forth on the issue with JDeere ALSO takes the thread off-topic. Finally, if you are sorry for what just happened to his father and what he is going through right now, then instead of saying it, simply don't make his life more stressful. Thank you.

Jennifer (Moderator)

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2018, 05:40 PM   #1008
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
So, I get nuthin'?

How about others sharing about themselves...or about your experiences with others/your thinking on the differences as to when FTM/MTF, realize they are trans?

Theo? Liam? Anyone else?

A very interesting topic!
My personal story is,I knew at 2 yrs old,I was male and I was acting out in ways,in which,my mother told my father,something was wrong with me,they took me to see a shrink,my family was blue colar working class,so we had no health insurance,and Australia had no universal health care,in 1962.

I was about 15,when I gave up, of ever being male,by this time,I was into crime and alchol and heavy drug use.

these feelings never emerged again,till I met a femme,who gave me "stone butch blues"although for me now its 11 yrs on T,and top surgery.
I would rather die than go back.

I am free now,I look like me

I know this is a year old,but I wanted to respond to both esme and dapper

cheers
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post: