Old 04-15-2017, 04:53 AM   #121
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
unless you are a complete narcissist we all have that, but to a different degree.

((((((((((( Gemme ))))))))))))) you are worth it girl
Very true.

Thank you.

(((((dee)))))

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2017, 05:45 AM   #122
AmazonDC

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
DC

Thanked 1,486 Times in 430 Posts
AmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Yep. Self-worth stuff. I have that.
You have no idea just how amazing you are... your worth is beyond measure... never think you are without worth because I won't let you.. you are cherished and worth more to Me than I can put into words
AmazonDC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AmazonDC For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2017, 05:51 AM   #123
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyChrisCo View Post
You have no idea just how amazing you are... your worth is beyond measure... never think you are without worth because I won't let you.. you are cherished and worth more to Me than I can put into words
Thank You. I truly appreciate this more than You know.

Old wounds do leave some pretty nasty scars, though, and that has been a big one for me.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2017, 07:39 AM   #124
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

my mind goes * what if this goes really bad??*

i have to say. * what if it goes really good*

Last year's broken heart to end all broken hearts has left major scar tissue and i cannot go near it now, or maybe forever

my submissive heart is very vulnerable and although well taken care of, its a deep part of my core, maybe even a deeper part of me than i thought.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2017, 12:00 PM   #125
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,893 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

My last attempt at developing an romantic relationship differed widely from other romantic relationships I've had: It seemed like lots of things were evolving in natural ways and it seemed like we has lots in common but yet we also had striking differences. My ex boyfriend stated once, toward the end of our relationship, that I was so incredibly sweet, thoughtful and kind. Which, I can be. BUT, once I assert my boundaries, especially boundaries that I won't adjust, due to prior experiences within an romantic relationship, then it might look like I'm not kind, not tolerant or some such thing. I'm good at holding the line, concerning my boundaries, and I think that took him by surprise. So much so, that it spawned the hidden lunatic variable in his personality. Even at times, that he thought he could take me down or barrage me with enough horrid behavioral tactics, I would not alter my boundaries. Because, as I have stated above, prior romantic relationships that didn't work out, was my training ground on how to better assert myself and be my best, own protector.

I have learned so many things about myself, each time I venture down a new romantic path, but I'd say that particular scarring issues have actually shown me where I need personal growth or how to not blame myself for things I couldn't possibly know how to handle or how to be better able to see deal-breaker behaviors that I won't tolerate or let another person slide on.

I try very hard to be fair minded. To have an open heart. But I'm not going to place my personal safety in jeopardy because I have loving feelings for am romantic partner.

Although I have scars (baggage from prior romantic relationships), I take it as an personal challenge to improve the skills I'm not so strong on and to review my best skills, to make sure I'm using them in appropriate ways. I do that because I care about myself and love myself in ways that I hope is healthy.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2017, 01:21 PM   #126
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,551 Times in 3,956 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I do not have self worth issues. I am not a narcissist either, lol. I had a really awful relationship with someone who did not value me at all and emotionally tortured me to the point of a mental breakdown on my part. As I climbed up out of that darkness, I vowed never to take my worth for granted, nor give it over to anyone else but myself. If someone doesnt value me as much as I do, I am gone. Interesting enough, I have not been hurt by anyone since then. I have drawn the line in the sand and dared people to cross it...and if they did, I offered no arguement, I was simply gone.

I owe that person alot. Sometimes pain is your best teacher...

Quote:
Yep. Self-worth stuff. I have that.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2017, 02:59 PM   #127
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

i have insecurities i'm afraid that i won't love my partner enought loving someone takes time for me so my semi coldness may seems like i don't care but it's false just one of my wall of defense.i'm afraid to destroy a relation because of my fear and doubt i have to work on that also to forget myself in a relationship i'm not hard to live
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:24 PM   #128
2qt

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her..
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,967 Times in 582 Posts
2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation
Default Good thread :)

I think I fear falling in love with someone again who is not on the same time zone as me.... Previous LDR/RLR was tough, the waiting, the expense of immigration visa's & the entire immigration process was gruelling & mentally exhausting... Personally for my relationship to not survive it has been a slap in the face & makes me wonder about myself, is it me? Am I expecting too much? wanting too much?,LDR's are they successful, and just love in general...

So I guess I need to acknowledge & face those fears & self doubts to understand why, so I don't lose the chance to meet the one that IS right for me in the clouded fog of failed relationships...
2qt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2qt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2017, 03:09 PM   #129
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Being adopted etc, I used to have this *HUGE* fear of abandonment, like massive. It did make me really co-dependant in relationships, attach to people who needed me to function for them (people with addictions, or addictive traits) etc.
I had a massive no one will *really* love me, not the super deep bits of me, those are the bits no one can love *wallow wallow*, everyone will reject me in the end.

I admit I did have to do a shit tonne of therapy for it. And I did meet my birth parents.

I don't have those thoughts anymore. I have other ones lol, but not those ones anymore.

I realised that there are parts of my self that are actually *my* job to love. And just by me. They are my things for me, of me. My sacred special bits of me that I kept giving to other people and demanding they keep safe for me, it made me really vulnerable in ways that made me insecure. Like asking someone to carrying around your great grandmother hand blown glass christmas decoration all the time and never ever break it.

Basically, I had unreal expectations about other people, love, and responsibilites. I am responsible for those most sacred parts of myself. No one else. Just me. Not my mum, not my birth mum, not my friends, not a partner. Just me. That's it.

I thought that was a horrible and lonely thing at first and then I realised it's not because we all are. ALL of us are. And we can show them to each other. But it belongs in our own shoe boxes, in the centre of our own selves, where we have to feed and water and give it things that make it grow. That's nobody else's job.

And I know if I'm starting to feel too panicky about someone not responding to me, it means I've given them too much vulnerability, too quickly for my own comfort and I'm expecting them to make up for it by reassuring me with what ever response I think I need. But the original error is mine. I'm moving too fast with my own vulnerability for my own sense of comfort. I need more time to build more trust.

That's personally the way I look at it now.

Your milage may vary.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #130
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Somehow, I overlooked this in the thread.

I must be dyslexic, too, because it never looked wrong to me and I totally understood what dee meant!

Ha!

Quote:
I think that's a wolf in sheep's clothing, Anya, but it does have to do with misrepresentation of one's self and agenda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
RATS.. i am so dyslexic.

Thank you emmeG.......
Quote:
haha

Actually, I thought you meant it the way you said, but along the lines of someone portraying themselves as a bad boi but being a good lil schoolboi instead. It would disappointing if you thought you were getting a rockin' rollercoaster and you got the carousel instead.

That phrase can be turned around either way.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2017, 05:56 PM   #131
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

that i will not make someone happy if i cannot be what they want me to be. i've finally learned that i just can't do that anymore.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2017, 10:13 PM   #132
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

It's the craziest thing...some of my relationship issues that have plagued other relationships don't seem to be an issue in my current relationship so it's kind of like discovering a new, but familiar, world. Interesting stuff.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2018, 04:08 AM   #133
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Default real fear......

that hy will grow tired of me, especially when i am being a pain, and lose interest.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2018, 11:43 PM   #134
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

My relationship fears?

Becoming involved with someone who doesn't respect my independence, who makes demands, is jealous, wants to have highly emotional "discussions" all the time, pressures me to spend all of my free time with them, doesn't listen to me when I tell them "no" about things.

Pushes their wants over my nos, making it be about me withholding rather than me having a say of when I get to be vulnerable or trust. Someone who pushes me to give them vulnerability, emotional openness, and commitment when they want it, and not when I'm comfortable giving it.

Someone who changes their mind because of emotional moods.

Someone who wants me to be really traditional and shackled to their idea of love - which is dependence, submission, and putting them before myself.

That's my nightmare, really.

A petulant, demanding, very emotional, high maintenance, mercurial, butch partner who wants to be taken care of by a wife who is their live-in nurse, massage therapist, house cleaner, sex worker, and counselor.

That shit terrifies me! And yeah, I've seen it, lived it, and had dates phone me up or tell me drunkenly at 1am "you are the sexy, lovely girl I want to look after me, I can totally see you in my house... " etc etc etc...

*dumps them the next day*

I am terrified of being suffocated by people who don't care about who I am. Just who I am to them.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2018, 12:31 AM   #135
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

I keep coming back to this thread like I should say something, however the thought in my head is IF I say it out loud.. that makes it real, head in the sand, I like to pretend that my 'issues' are, oh I don't know.. invisible?!
I pretend I am stronger than I really am, perhaps to convince myself that I can get through the tough times.... however I have also found that this backfires more often than not, as coming across unscathed gives the impression that I am a bitch (not in a good way) and that I am some how not shattered on the inside needing help with my broken pieces... I am really not good at asking for help or admitting I need it...

So I guess, rejection is the fear, or maybe someone agreeing that my pieces are are broken beyond repair, and perhaps not worth the effort.

Last edited by Breathless; 04-01-2018 at 12:36 AM.
Breathless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Breathless For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2018, 03:20 AM   #136
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,368 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I am single and regarding relationships, I think I am done. I have always chosen good people, smart people, kind people, but not the right people. And if I am honest with myself, I knew that going in. I don't regret my relationships, but I see no point in doing that again and no reason to believe I've grown enough to do it better. It's sad. But my life is not without love, just not romantic love.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:57 AM   #137
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I wish I had something more substantial or revealing to offer like the previous submissions. My deep respect to each of you.

My fears are pretty basic at this point in my life ... will there be another? Having been single now for so long, it feels like I'm getting a lil too old for any of this "starting over" shit.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2018, 10:29 AM   #138
Buckaroo

How Do You Identify?:
queer dyke butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
female ones
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,172 Times in 425 Posts
Buckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST ReputationBuckaroo Has the BEST Reputation

after my last relationship, i realized for the first time in my life that i deserve better. I realized my self worth. It was so scary for me to say " I deserve better" I realized that im a good person, im honest, caring and compassionate and strong. For me it was hard to look at the good, it had always been easier and safer to look at the bad. I guess it made it easier to go through crappy relationships if you didnt think you deserved better. Well, now i know with the greatest clarity what i deserve and want. It has brought an immense sense of peace and fullness in my life.
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Buckaroo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2018, 01:23 PM   #139
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
"check your six"

Thanked 21,352 Times in 6,710 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I just want to say it takes two, rarely is it ever just one person in a relationship which screws it up. I think lack of taking responsiblity for one's (own) actions makes things worse. It took me a while to figure out it wasn't only his fault, more important it was mine too. I've learned from my mistakes and it's better now.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2018, 03:14 PM   #140
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

I think I'm probably done for this lifetime. I haven't been choosing well. Each relationship, (I almost wrote 'failed relationship'), has taught me a great deal about myself, but they've done nothing to alleviate my fears about the painful reality of becoming entangled with another person. They might have serious mental illness, or die on me, or turn out to be a consummate liar, or a thousand other possible negative outcomes which I haven't yet experienced, unlike the above mentioned negative possibilities which I have experienced.

I suppose that means I'm no longer afraid of what might happen in a relationship because I'm no longer interested in involving myself in another one. Do I fear the likelihood that I will not ever be in another romantic relationship? Perhaps. And I feel slightly relieved about it, too.

Tags
dating, hurt, insecurity, relationships, scars