Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 09-18-2017, 06:03 PM   #221
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I also took a film class but this class taught about movie directors and their styles......

Akira Kurosawa, Ingmar Bergman, Billy Wilder, Jean-Luc Godard, Fritz Lang,
Federico Fellini, and modern day ones such as Spike Lee, Woody Allen, Ang Lee. I'm sure I'm forgetting some others.

So many movies, so little time.,
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2017, 07:17 PM   #222
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

I have been watching "Cloud Atlas" over and over on Netflix, gonna have to buy the book now. lol

My minor was Film...
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:35 PM   #223
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,641 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Edie & Thea: A Very Long Engagement

This might very well be the sweetest hour I've spent in ever and ever and ever. #RelationshipGoals

Edie & Thea: A Very Long Engagement http://www.here.tv/movie/edie-thea-a...agement/505888
Old 09-18-2017, 07:42 PM   #224
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
This might very well be the sweetest hour I've spent in ever and ever and ever. #RelationshipGoals

Edie & Thea: A Very Long Engagement http://www.here.tv/movie/edie-thea-a...agement/505888
Yes, this is excellent! I had recently posted this in another movie thread.

This about Edith Windsor, who just recently died, and her partner.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2017, 10:53 AM   #225
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I can't say for sure but without Edith's actions we may of not had gay marriage equality until much later!
Old 10-10-2017, 05:20 AM   #226
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Signature Move (2017)

Zaynab, a thirty-something Pakistani, Muslim, lesbian in Chicago takes care of her sweet and TV-obsessed mother. As Zaynab falls for Alma, a bold and very bright Mexican woman, she searches for her identity in life, love and wrestling.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:58 AM   #227
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

I'd like to see The Mountain Between Us and Victoria and Abdul. I also would like to see The Stray.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2017, 05:25 PM   #228
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
I'd like to see The Mountain Between Us and Victoria and Abdul. I also would like to see The Stray.
I think most of these are out on DVD now............
Old 12-31-2017, 08:03 AM   #229
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Flawless 2007 stars Demi Moore, Michael Caine

Set in 1960 London, where a soon to retire caretaker convinces a glass-ceiling constrained American executive to help him steal a handful of diamonds from their employer, the London Diamond Corporation.

This movie was very good but I've had a hard time trying to track it down again to re-watch.

Don't get confused as there is also another movie with the same exact title (1999) that stars Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Robert De Niro.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:11 AM   #230
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

3 Generations Naomi Watts, Elle Fanning, Susan Sarandon

This movie is so much more than just about transitioning! Secrets kept from the past surface, and hits the viewer when they least expect it.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2018, 11:41 AM   #231
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Other Sister Juliette Lewis, Diane Keaton, Giovanni Ribisi

A mentally challenged young woman seeks independence by obtaining her own apartment and attending college while her family plans her sister's wedding.

If you've not seen this older movie check it out......
Old 01-13-2018, 11:47 AM   #232
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Enough Said 2013 Julia Louis-Dreyfus, James Gandolfini, Catherine Keener

A divorced woman who decides to pursue the man she's interested in learns he's her new friend's ex-husband.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #233
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Far From Heaven 2002 Julianne Moore and Dennis Quaid

In 1950s Connecticut, a housewife faces a marital crisis and mounting racial tensions in the outside world.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:53 AM   #234
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Devil in a Blue Dress 1995 Denzel Washington and Don Cheadle

An African-American man is hired to find a woman, and gets mixed up in a murderous political scandal.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:46 PM   #235
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
The Other Sister Juliette Lewis, Diane Keaton, Giovanni Ribisi

A mentally challenged young woman seeks independence by obtaining her own apartment and attending college while her family plans her sister's wedding.

If you've not seen this older movie check it out......
Quote:
Enough Said 2013 Julia Louis-Dreyfus, James Gandolfini, Catherine Keener

A divorced woman who decides to pursue the man she's interested in learns he's her new friend's ex-husband.
Quote:
Far From Heaven 2002 Julianne Moore and Dennis Quaid

In 1950s Connecticut, a housewife faces a marital crisis and mounting racial tensions in the outside world.
Quote:
Devil in a Blue Dress 1995 Denzel Washington and Don Cheadle

An African-American man is hired to find a woman, and gets mixed up in a murderous political scandal.
oohhhhh, these look like really GQQD movies, homoe, I'll see if I can fund them.and watch them today!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:51 PM   #236
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I strongly advocate for "The Shape of Water" for anyone wanting to see a good movie. It's written and directed by Guillermo del Toro, who also wrote and directed "Pan's Labyrinth".

~Theo~
Old 01-13-2018, 07:52 PM   #237
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
I strongly advocate for "The Shape of Water" for anyone wanting to see a good movie. It's written and directed by Guillermo del Toro, who also wrote and directed "Pan's Labyrinth".

~Theo~
I got to go to premier for this movie and really enjoyed it. DC was less enthusiastic but He doesn't love the weird and unusual like I do.

The cinematography was gorgeous and the costume...amazing. Absolutely stunning to watch.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2018, 07:15 AM   #238
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

A Good Woman 2004 Helen Hunt, Scarlett Johansson, Tom Wilkinson

While retaining her secret identity, the illustrious Mrs. Erlynne (Hunt) saves Lady Windemere (Johansson) from making a grand social faux-pas with the scoundrelly Lord Darlington (Moore).
Old 02-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #239
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Professor Marston and the Wonder Women (2017)

It's NOT just about the creator of Wonder Woman!
Old 03-27-2018, 07:53 PM   #240
Signmypapyrus

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Signmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST Reputation

Ah yeah, movies! I love everything from Agnes Varda and Chantal Akerman to Christopher Guest to Stepbrothers. I've seen some really weird movies (Begotten) and some really terrible movies (oh, I mean, lots of things). I have a soft spot for the French New Wave and French cinema (Chris Marker's Sans Soleil is peak Sci Fi) and I think that the Lego Movie is one of the greatest movies ever made.

I also think Napoleon Dynamite should have won the Palme d'Or at Cannes. Please don't judge me.