KayCee

How Do You Identify?:
Multifaceted Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a secret
Relationship Status:
And from my lips hye drew the hallelujah

Thanked 1,725 Times in 521 Posts
KayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST Reputation

or this..French flair:

don't like the green purse though..ugh..wrong style, wrong color

Old 06-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #42
tiggs

How Do You Identify?:
femme submissive
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married and collared to Converse

12 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 1

tiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputation

So have I mentioned how much I LOVE the pin-up look? I also might be a bit of a shoe fanatic.......maybe
tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tiggs For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #43
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
I am in love. Truly Madly Deeply

Thanked 2,128 Times in 560 Posts
Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation

The best thing about this dress is how it flatters zaftig women. Most bigger women have to create a hourglass figure. Empire waists flatter and give that appearance.

This is the dress I am buying. woo hooo!

Read me! www.leatherati.com
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2010, 09:53 PM   #44
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

I am just IN LOVE with the long summer sundresses right now... I think I will be wearing them all summer...

Old 06-02-2010, 11:36 PM   #45
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALovelyKiss View Post
Nat? I do like floor length for most skirted long dresses but I do tend to favor waltz-length because I might have an extraordinary pair of shoes...

Her wedding dress is a treasure, yes? I can't remember, but wasn't her wedding dress designed by someone kind of famous? Or, maybe it was worn by another member in her family??? I don't remember...
heehee - that's totally thinking ahead about the shoes.

Her wedding dress was created by the African-American designer, Ann Lowe of New York City. She apparently designed for the wealthiest women around, but she did not receive public recognition for most of her work.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 01:39 AM   #46
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 07:53 AM   #47
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post

The best thing about this dress is how it flatters zaftig women. Most bigger women have to create a hourglass figure. Empire waists flatter and give that appearance.

This is the dress I am buying. woo hooo!

I like this dress - I also like the material it's made from: I bet it will look fabulous on you!
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:05 AM   #48
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I like shoes like these to wear with a classic black cocktail dress!

or a classic black pair of Jimmy Choo's, for any ocassion

Old 06-03-2010, 08:37 AM   #49
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

I am in a style funk right now. I don't know which direction to go, which is one of the reasons I was looking at fashion. It's always something I enjoy. I like interesting fabrics, off-beat styles. I am occassionally enamoured of something that is ugly and pretty at the same time. I like attempting to pull off things that are hard to pull off. I enjoy being understatedly over the top, and I enjoy being a bit silly with my wardrobe. I am considering becoming a hat person because I always love hats but then don't wear them. They are one of the first things I go to in an antique shop. I like being different and I like variety. I live Johnny weir's style, because he doesn't mind being different and he has no fear about dressing creatively. I have an entirely different thing going on, but seeing his clothing choices and the way he carries himself just makes me super happy.

What about y'all? Do you look up to any fashion icons? If you had to describe your personal style, what would it be?

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #50
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have good fashion taste but it doesn't seem to translate well into the actual clothing I purchase. If I felt more comfortable with my body and had the $$$, I'd wear a lot of Betsey Johnson. Her style is very similar to my personality.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #51
Enigma

How Do You Identify?:
~ & ~
Relationship Status:
Enchanted

Enigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALovelyKiss View Post
Nat? I do like floor length for most skirted long dresses but I do tend to favor waltz-length because I might have an extraordinary pair of shoes...

Her wedding dress is a treasure, yes? I can't remember, but wasn't her wedding dress designed by someone kind of famous? Or, maybe it was worn by another member in her family??? I don't remember...
Jackie's stunning, gorgeous, to-die-for, can't-get-enough-of-it wedding dress was designed by................

Anne Lowe.

Quote:

Anne Lowe (born Anne Cole Lowe, 1898-1981) was an African American fashion designer who designed the wedding dress for Jacqueline Bouvier when she married John F. Kennedy.

She was born in Clayton, Alabama[1] the great granddaughter of a slave and plantation owner[2]

She married in 1912 at age 14 and enrolled in a fashion school in New York City in 1917. After graduation she opened a salon in Tampa, Florida before returning to New York in 1928 where she worked on commission for stores such as Chez Sonia. In 1946 she designed the dress that Olivia de Havilland wore to accept the Academy Award for Best Actress for To Each His Own (film) -- although the name on the dress was Sonia Rosenberg.[2]

She designed for various upper crust New Yorkers including the ivory-silk-taffeta dress for Jackie in 1953.

She worked her later years at Saks Fifth Avenue where she was featured in a 1960 advertisement.[2]

Felled by glaucoma she lost an eye but continued to design through the 1960 for Madeline Couture and briefly operated Ann Lowe Originals on Madison Avenue in New York
Source:

Wiki link
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Enigma For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 12:07 PM   #52
Enigma

How Do You Identify?:
~ & ~
Relationship Status:
Enchanted

Enigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST ReputationEnigma Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I have good fashion taste but it doesn't seem to translate well into the actual clothing I purchase. If I felt more comfortable with my body and had the $$$, I'd wear a lot of Betsey Johnson. Her style is very similar to my personality.

That's adorable! I love her work.

She reminds me of this:

lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Enigma For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #53
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
That's adorable! I love her work.

She reminds me of this:

lol
Me too! It's her hair, I think.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #54
Enigma

How Do You Identify?:
~ & ~
Relationship Status:
Enchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
heehee - that's totally thinking ahead about the shoes.

Her wedding dress was created by the African-American designer, Ann Lowe of New York City. She apparently designed for the wealthiest women around, but she did not receive public recognition for most of her work.
omg!

i missed your post!

lol

adhd much?

yikes........

Old 06-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #55
Enigma

How Do You Identify?:
~ & ~
Relationship Status:
Enchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Me too! It's her hair, I think.
Yay! Look how cute! I'm sorry but that is excrutiatingly adorable. I give her credit for the courage to go there.

She has that Cyndi Lauper thing going on...

lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Enigma For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 02:45 PM   #56
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,734 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation
Default How fun

I keep peeking in here, contemplating. I am a fashionista at times depending on my budget. Like Nat my style is in flux at the moment. I love French and Italian fashion, and prefer 1 or 2 really nice pieces to many of less quality. Adore Leather Jackets and collect them especially avant garde, or edgy pieces, that make a statement. And handbags, sigh.

Also, beautiful Vintage pieces, suits, and especially lingerie. I collect vintage patterns, and love the elegance of the lines and cuts, sweeping skirts. I would love to collect Peignoir sets, that's on my list, and silk pieces. Real silk slips. I heard an old Hollywood Director comment that he always bought real silk slips for his stars, because it changed the way they moved, that undercurrent of sensuality that silk on bare skin calls to, yum. This is a fun thread, I love seeing what everyone likes. I want that black carved screen above, for my Bedroom! Love Betsy, especially her Handbags. Isabella Fiore, is my favorite handbag designer. I am particularity fond of this dress.......

Old 06-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #57
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
I am in love. Truly Madly Deeply

Thanked 2,128 Times in 560 Posts
Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation

I believe you don't have to buy designer to dress designer. I won't wear Anything that has a designer name on it unless they are paying Me to advertise for them. Just sayin'

I believe that being stylish is not having to spend a lot on of money on clothes. I have several really good pieces but I can't afford designer clothes.

Read me! www.leatherati.com
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 06:38 PM   #58
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Nat, you know what? I think I go through phases where I think I know what's stylish (in broad terms) and what I think might look good on me; and sometimes where nothing but a timeless, classic notion of style - appeals to me. I will have to look up who you are talking about - I have no idea who he is (Johnny Weir).

Isadora? I used buy clothes made by women in sewing collectives. They aren't well known designers but they do piecework (they contract out for a season and author a complete line); not like YSL or Gucci or other well known designer brands. I don't think it's in business anymore, but do you (or anyone) remember the Weekenders clothing line? The clothesline was made by various women from all over and when you bought something from them, it was supporting them and not some big corporation. One of my close friends was a 'consultant' of sorts and I would always go to her latest trunk show and see the latest styles. I like the clothes I have bought from them over the years - I liked it alot because it was an affordable investment and seemed to help others. It's hard to find great clothes at an affordable price and have them fit you properly too - I have a nice figure but not everything will look right on me either. I liked that black dress you found - it's a very pretty dress!

*hehe* Thanks Enigma and Nat! (another member nudged me too, ty!)

I'm glad you both left a post here about Anne Lowe designing JK's wedding gown... me not remembering might be a bit adhd as well - I knew, yet I didn't know - I couldn't remember her name, plus for some reason, I was a bit confused about the gown because I have a cloudy memory of a Rose Kennedy article that I read recently this past winter - which mentioned something about a wedding gown. Thanks for leaving post about Anne Lowe!

Would you believe that it's still very cold here and I have yet to wear anything that you would ordinarily wear during the late spring, early summer months???
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #59
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Nat? I just watched him in the video ice-skating to Lady Gaga's "Poker Face"

He's an awesome skater! Was his routine fabulous or what???

*I see what you mean*
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 08:03 PM   #60
Enigma

How Do You Identify?:
~ & ~
Relationship Status:
Enchanted

Okay...I'm getting intoxicated by the fashion thread. J'dore!

Here is one of my favorite eye candy magazines. Numero. Pour Femme and Homme. Described as the catalogues for Feminin and Masculin....

Perfect, no?

http://www.numero-magazine.com/

The website is great, also.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Enigma For This Useful Post: