imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

The food in Cuba.
Best food I've ever had. The veg tasted even better than the veg outta my nan's garden. The fish caught that morning, the chicken killed that day... no need for sauces and heavy spices to drown out the card board I realise I eat for food. No wonder I eat so much hot sauce and salt.

I never once used salt there.
I ate farm fresh, with fantastic home cooking style.

I just miss Cuba so much this week. The people, their style, their incredible talents/intelligence, the food, the weather, the pace. <3
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2018, 08:05 PM   #222
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Imperfect Cupcake, why did you leave Cuba? It sounds like a wonderful place to live.

1) Great food
2) Pretty beaches
3) Neat restored cars
4) Free healthcare
5) Affordable living
6) Representative government by committee

Why would you want to become an ex-pat, please don't use that exile
excuse to answer the question. Sorry, I don't buy it.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:05 PM   #223
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,524 Times in 10,203 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I miss how we used to laugh.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2018, 09:08 PM   #224
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Miss

Free time.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2018, 09:31 PM   #225
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,092 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

I miss when my bones didn't hurt so much. I completely enjoyed being outside almost all day, but I miss the time when I didn't have to pay so dearly for it.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2018, 05:32 AM   #226
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i miss hearing the click click click of my old typewriter
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2018, 11:58 AM   #227
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Imperfect Cupcake, why did you leave Cuba? It sounds like a wonderful place to live.

1) Great food
2) Pretty beaches
3) Neat restored cars
4) Free healthcare
5) Affordable living
6) Representative government by committee

Why would you want to become an ex-pat, please don't use that exile
excuse to answer the question. Sorry, I don't buy it.
oh I only went for a holiday, I didn't grow up there.

I talked to a LOT of cubans there about growing up there, their history.. we hired a local guide - a kid about 25 who graduated Uni locally and was into history and poli-sci. So we asked so many questions from everyone we met. We wanted to know everything, how people lived, felt, grew up - how things have changed over time... how people were educated, got health care, the nations cuba traded with - *everything*.
What's this? this? and this over here??
I'm not a beach person. I want to know about the people, the culture, the history, their dance, art, food, ethos, politics - especially the politics.

I talked to everyone I could, I went to as many museums as I could, I hired the guide, I asked for reading recommendations from cubans about cuba - in *their* words from those who stayed and lived there.

It's a complicated answer - historically. But in the last 15 years, people don't want to leave, not permanently. They know they have a good thing - they just want to move around, see stuff, get away from the embargo a bit, and to do that they marry out. Usually Canadians. Then if they have kids, they come back to cuba for the kid to be born and spend its first 2-3 years.

Then the kid is Cuban. And entitled to all things Cuban. But with access to Canadian life and citizenship.

Personally I can't think of a luckier fuckin' kid.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2018, 12:46 PM   #228
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Her. Her smile, the touch of her hand while holding mine.

This Friday can't get here quick enough. We are going camping for 3 days oh yay me
Old 05-07-2018, 01:38 PM   #229
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,085 Times in 8,588 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
oh I only went for a holiday, I didn't grow up there.

I talked to a LOT of cubans there about growing up there, their history.. we hired a local guide - a kid about 25 who graduated Uni locally and was into history and poli-sci. So we asked so many questions from everyone we met. We wanted to know everything, how people lived, felt, grew up - how things have changed over time... how people were educated, got health care, the nations cuba traded with - *everything*.
What's this? this? and this over here??
I'm not a beach person. I want to know about the people, the culture, the history, their dance, art, food, ethos, politics - especially the politics.

I talked to everyone I could, I went to as many museums as I could, I hired the guide, I asked for reading recommendations from cubans about cuba - in *their* words from those who stayed and lived there.

It's a complicated answer - historically. But in the last 15 years, people don't want to leave, not permanently. They know they have a good thing - they just want to move around, see stuff, get away from the embargo a bit, and to do that they marry out. Usually Canadians. Then if they have kids, they come back to cuba for the kid to be born and spend its first 2-3 years.

Then the kid is Cuban. And entitled to all things Cuban. But with access to Canadian life and citizenship.

Personally I can't think of a luckier fuckin' kid.
I pretty much found the same when I was there in 2011. At that time, 70% of Cubans were born after 1959 and didn't want to leave permanently. They wanted to travel freely, but they wanted to return to Cuba. I would love to go again.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2018, 04:16 PM   #230
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I miss my old life in Asheville.....and I feel bad about it. I've been given a lot and I'm grateful....but I miss the freedom and the wonder and MAGIC that every day held there. And I also miss my daughter and she is there without me now.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:00 PM   #231
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

I miss Spring. I remember when it was an actual season. Now.we go right from winter to hotter than hell.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2018, 09:27 AM   #232
SirenManda

How Do You Identify?:
I don’t want contact.

SirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

Going to the beach all the time. Spending time with my family. Putting effort into more than just daily life. It’s time for a vacation.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:56 PM   #233
2qt

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her..
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,967 Times in 582 Posts
2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation

I miss my friend....

I miss my fav chocolate bar.... Polly Waffle...

I miss being in the USA....

I miss all the nice cheeses & a the variety of cheeses in USA...

Most of all I miss having ME time....
2qt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2qt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #234
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I miss my sister so very much. You'd think I'd be used to not having her after seven years, but I'm not.

One of her daughters had the blues recently and called me. Among other things, I said she should come and visit your aunty for a week or two. She laughed and said you sound like mama. And she's right—that's exactly what my sister would say.

Wishing she was here to offer me that invitation.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2018, 01:36 AM   #235
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I miss life before Walmart came along.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 07:53 AM   #236
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

On days like this I miss being in New York City.

I like crowds and would love to be there to cheer the world champions on.

Today I'm missing NYC.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 01:35 PM   #237
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

I miss fall.
Halloween and the smell of chilly air and crunchy leaves and fun size candy and trick or treaters and hoodies and bon fires and cozy socks and hot tea and sugar cookies and pumpkin all of the things...

Should I keep going?!
She was bored. She loved, had capacity to love, for love, to give and accept love. Only she tried twice and failed twice to find somebody not just strong enough to deserve it, earn it, match it, but even brave enough to accept it.”

~William Faulkner, The Town
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 03:24 PM   #238
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,126 Times in 3,009 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I miss my brother. I miss him for me. I miss him for my parents, his wife, his children, for our extended family, his friends. It's a lumberjack size hole in our worlds.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2019, 08:36 PM   #239
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I miss the entire west coast. I miss the dry, hot (but not humid) southern bits and the gloomy grey, forever soaked northern bits. Sigh.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 07:34 AM   #240
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I miss the entire west coast. I miss the dry, hot (but not humid) southern bits and the gloomy grey, forever soaked northern bits. Sigh.

I am missing this today! Specifically the PNW. The Midwest heat has been extra gross lately. Ugh
She was bored. She loved, had capacity to love, for love, to give and accept love. Only she tried twice and failed twice to find somebody not just strong enough to deserve it, earn it, match it, but even brave enough to accept it.”

~William Faulkner, The Town
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post: