Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Miss Katz how long before you reckon you'll be done with that big ass book, any clue?
OMG, *LOL*, .....

<<<<<~ as soon as my vision corrects itself and my migraine disappears. It's been SO hot here....so once the weather cools down, I guess I should be done by early September. And you're right, homoe! What a big a$$ book.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #2822
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2017, 04:38 PM   #2823
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Unslut, A Diary and a Memoir by Emily Lindin

From the book sleeve: The founder of the Unslut Project uses her actual middle school diary entries to reflect on relationships, bullying, and what it means to be labeled a slut.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2017, 08:19 PM   #2824
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,392 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation

The organization where I work requires all supervisors to take a minimum of 8 hours refresher training on "Team Leading" a year. Today they brought in a guest speaker named Robyn Benincasa. She wrote "How Winning Works: 8 Essential Leadership Lessons from the Toughest Teams on Earth." Robyn is a world champion adventure racer and a Guinness World Record kayaker (Not that kind of Guinness ) and a member of an all-female firefighting crew. She is also the founder of "Project Athena" which is a non-profit organization that helps women survivors of medical setbacks live an adventurous dream as part of their recovery.

As part of the training class we were all given a copy of the book which I started this evening. Some of the points seem rather intuitive but overall the book looks promising. I am grappling with a few things, one being her quote "Having a Plan B distracts from achieving the goal of Plan A." I'm not sure how to feel about that as I am a "Plan A, B, C, D,..." kind of gal. However I am keeping an open mind.

Katniss~~
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2017, 04:16 PM   #2825
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I've been wanting to read this so I'm about to treat myself:

http://amzn.to/2iyOZIp

Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 03:21 AM   #2826
firecat242

How Do You Identify?:
Woman first...anything after that is on a need to know basis.
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I am in a committed relationship with myself.

firecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputation

Billionaire Buddha......rags to riches to rags story.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:23 AM   #2827
firecat242

How Do You Identify?:
Woman first...anything after that is on a need to know basis.
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I am in a committed relationship with myself.

firecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
"Political Ponerology" A science on the nature of evil adjusted for political purposesby Andrew M Lobaczewski

"The original manuscript of this book
went into the furnace minutes before
a secret police raid in Communist Poland.
The second copy, painfully reassembled
by scientists working under impossible
conditions of violence and repression, was
sent via courier to the Vatican. Its receipt was
never acknowledged - the manuscript and all
valuable data lost.

In 1984, the third and final copy was written
from memory by the last survivor of the original
researchers: Andrew Lobaczewski.
Zbigniew Brzezinski blocked its publication.

After half a century of suppression, this book is
finally available...."

Real.

Greco
Just downloaded this to my kindle....will start it in the morning. Looks like a powerful read. thanks Greco.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:54 AM   #2828
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
OMG, *LOL*, .....

<<<<<~ as soon as my vision corrects itself and my migraine disappears. It's been SO hot here....so once the weather cools down, I guess I should be done by early September. And you're right, homoe! What a big a$$ book.

I'd appreciate an update Miss Katz.....
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:01 AM   #2829
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'd appreciate an update Miss Katz.....
....... I am half way through the book....I left off on page 305....and it's not an easy read, for me, due to the way I read a book first.

When I read Big Little Lies, I made notes on the edge of the pages, noting interesting things which were not a part of the HBO series.

In Anna Karenina, it's a slow process because of interesting ideas I find that center on power, status, diction, rules of civility, rules concerning romantic overtures...etc.

Once I am done taking notes, first, then I begin again and read the story for the second time....bypassing all my notes because I've taken the time to study the intricate maneuvers between characters in the story....like a good chess game.

Ps/ I love both of the books I have been reading!

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 10:08 AM   #2830
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
....... I am half way through the book....I left off on page 305....and it's not an easy read, for me, due to the way I read a book first.

When I read Big Little Lies, I made notes on the edge of the pages, noting interesting things which were not a part of the HBO series.

In Anna Karenina, it's a slow process because of interesting ideas I find that center on power, status, diction, rules of civility, rules concerning romantic overtures...etc.

Once I am done taking notes, first, then I begin again and read the story for the second time....bypassing all my notes because I've taken the time to study the intricate maneuvers between characters in the story....like a good chess game.

Ps/ I love both of the books I have been reading!
Lordy, that sounds like a lot of work to me.........
Old 08-27-2017, 10:14 AM   #2831
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Lordy, that sounds like a lot of work to me.........
I do it every single time I read a good book.

I did it with the Grisham book too, The Painted House and The Whistler .... and with Erik Larsson books, too. Nearly all books I do the same style of 'reading'..... notes first, then sail through it a second time for enjoyment.

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 10:36 AM   #2832
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

I'm listening to an audiobook by David Sedaris. Theft by Finding. I absolutely love him but this has been my least favorite. There was one diary entry he read that actually made me throw up a little.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2017, 06:58 AM   #2833
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Reading a few at the moment, but two have really caught my attention and consumed my thoughts (and time):

* The Bitch is Back: Older, Wiser, and (Getting)Happier byCathi Hanauer

I first read the first book - The Bitch in the House back in 2004 and it really struck a chord and resonated for me. Most of the stories were raw, emotional, and poignant. Most were about things I'd thought or witnessed but never really discussed with friends (or anyone). I'm finding the same is true for the second book, and the return or updated stories from some of the essay writers feels like I'd never left off or the 15 years hasn't elapsed between readings.

* Think Like a Freak by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner

I have not read their first book(s) Freakonomics, but that doesn't seem necessary. Their methods aren't really new or revolutionary, but in today's world where we often seem to put critical thinking on the back burner to be mindlessly entertained by social media (yes, I get the irony that I'm posting about this on a social platform) it's a refreshing reminder that we are or can be better equipped mentally. I'm enjoying the anecdotes even though I'm not seeing how some of the methods apply to my daily life. It makes me think bigger than myself and that is enough.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2017, 07:06 AM   #2834
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket26 View Post
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this book and if you've watched the movie (or if you'd watch it after reading). 😊
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:20 AM   #2835
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
Reading a few at the moment, but two have really caught my attention and consumed my thoughts (and time):

* The Bitch is Back: Older, Wiser, and (Getting)Happier byCathi Hanauer

I first read the first book - The Bitch in the House back in 2004 and it really struck a chord and resonated for me. Most of the stories were raw, emotional, and poignant. Most were about things I'd thought or witnessed but never really discussed with friends (or anyone). I'm finding the same is true for the second book, and the return or updated stories from some of the essay writers feels like I'd never left off or the 15 years hasn't elapsed between readings.

* Think Like a Freak by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner

I have not read their first book(s) Freakonomics, but that doesn't seem necessary. Their methods aren't really new or revolutionary, but in today's world where we often seem to put critical thinking on the back burner to be mindlessly entertained by social media (yes, I get the irony that I'm posting about this on a social platform) it's a refreshing reminder that we are or can be better equipped mentally. I'm enjoying the anecdotes even though I'm not seeing how some of the methods apply to my daily life. It makes me think bigger than myself and that is enough.
o O.... .... SO good to see you here, Fancy!

I love it that you're reading Levitt & Dubnar! One of the guidelines to thinking like a freak is ...."Never, ever think that people will do something just because its the right thing...".(Levitt & Dubnar).

For anyone who isn't familiar with either author, here's a really good article from The Guardian about both of them, what they do, the ideas behind Freakonomics and other interesting ideas about their life work in helping others to fly their 'freak flag' !

LINK:
https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...-dubner-review

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2017, 05:30 PM   #2836
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

I finished up with Anna Karenina, a few days ago. I liked it for reasons more purely from an academic pov, usefulness for integrating communication and sociology perspectives. Not quite sure I want to see the movie, tho.

But, I was gifted another book, which I received the other day.

The Help (Stockett, K., 2009).

I opened up the book to read last night and just finished reading it, moments ago, like I hadn't had any Apple Pie since last winter. I LOVED LOVED LOVED this novel!

Very gratifying.and satisfying.

I highly recommend reading it, if you haven't yet.

It's good.... so very very good.

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2017, 07:52 PM   #2837
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I finished up with Anna Karenina, a few days ago. I liked it for reasons more purely from an academic pov, usefulness for integrating communication and sociology perspectives. Not quite sure I want to see the movie, tho.

But, I was gifted another book, which I received the other day.

The Help (Stockett, K., 2009).

I opened up the book to read last night and just finished reading it, moments ago, like I hadn't had any Apple Pie since last winter. I LOVED LOVED LOVED this novel!

Very gratifying.and satisfying.

I highly recommend reading it, if you haven't yet.

It's good.... so very very good.
I am anxious to hear how you enjoy the movie Miss Katz. IMHO it stayed pretty true to the book
Old 09-03-2017, 08:04 PM   #2838
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,527 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

The writing on the wall...

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2017, 04:04 AM   #2839
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I've just started Becoming Odyssa by Jennifer Pharr Davis.

It's the story of a girl who thru hikes the Appalachian Trail.

The author frequently does speaking engagements around Asheville, so she may live nearby.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:46 PM   #2840
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

My sweet darling Santa sent books to me, this week.

I read the novel Girl with the pearl earring, which was a very interesting fictitious account of Griët, the young girl who was lent out as a maid to the family of painter Vermeer....very interesting way the author presents the girl with the pearl earring.

Today, I received two books I have never read....although I did see the movie Fried Green Tomatoes, I've never read the book it's based upon..... Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whistle Stop Cafe! And I do love whistling...

The third book is an recently authored lesbian romance novel, by AJ Adair, published by Desert Palm Press. Title is: Don't Forget (2017). This particular lesbian romance story takes place in the 1980s.... and the author wrote an especially poignant dedication to her partner and wife, before the story gets under way.

So excited to read both books!

Tags
books, reading